I think Jarl Balgruuf is a douche.

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
And stop blaming the Empire for everything bad Ulfric does, it's not like they went. "Hey this is crazy, so slaughter innocents maybe?"

Back onto the task at hand with Balgruuf, you keep distracting me off topic with your Ulfric sexual fantasy, Raijin. :p

He isn't all that bad, Whiterun was getting pressured by both sides. Ulfric wanted it and the Empire didn't want Ulfric to have it. Balgruuf took the lesser of two evils, he doesn't like Ulfric which is noted, but you also forget he doesn't like Elisif either. He hates them both, except one side was threatening his city.

There are far worse Jarls than Balgruuf.

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
The Empire was busy with the aftermath of the Great War, the Forsworn were making an appeal to the Empire to become an independent Kingdom. They were doing that peacefully, I don't think Igmund's father would of liked that very much, having Markarth given to the Reachmen. It wouldn't have bothered the Empire enough to hire Ulfric Stormcloak. The Empire would of won either way, so they wouldn't have got involved enough to hire Ulfric Stormcloak. The Reachmen had already controlled it for two years.

"You want to know who the Forsworn are? We are the people who must pillage our own land. Burn our own ground. We are the scourge of the Nords. The axe that falls in the dark. The scream before the gods claim your soul. We are the true sons and daughters of the Reach. The spirits and hags have lived here from the beginning, and they are on our side. Go back. Go back and tell your Empire that we will have our own kingdom again. And on that day, we will be the ones burying your dead in a land that is no longer yours." - The "Madmen" of the Reach

The Empire had no plans to give the Forsworn their independent Kingdom. That's why they hired Ulfric and his men to retake back the reach from the Forsworn. The rest that I highlighted in red seems like a future war against the Forsworn and the Empire... The Forsworn membership is growing rapidly. I'm sure they will grow in huge size since anyone can participate. The Forsworn are very much like the Stormcloaks as far as their motivation for fighting. It's freedom that these 2 factions are wanting.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
"You want to know who the Forsworn are? We are the people who must pillage our own land. Burn our own ground. We are the scourge of the Nords. The axe that falls in the dark. The scream before the gods claim your soul. We are the true sons and daughters of the Reach. The spirits and hags have lived here from the beginning, and they are on our side. Go back. Go back and tell your Empire that we will have our own kingdom again. And on that day, we will be the ones burying your dead in a land that is no longer yours." - The "Madmen" of the Reach

The Empire had no plans to give the Forsworn their independent Kingdom. That's why they hired Ulfric and his men to retake back the reach from the Forsworn. The rest that I highlighted in red seems like a future war against the Forsworn and the Empire... The Forsworn membership is growing rapidly. I'm sure they will grow in huge size since anyone can participate. The Forsworn are very much like the Stormcloaks as far as their motivation for fighting. It's freedom that these 2 factions are wanting.

The Empire never got the chance to deal with the matter, he's speaking to the author, about that since the Empire is now back in control of the Reach, they will take their land from them. It wouldn't make sense to make a threat to Ulfric who was in Imperial prison. The Empire retook complete control of Markarth and the Reach after they arrested Ulfric, it became the Empire's problem with the Forsworn.

Raijin

And stop blaming the Empire for everything bad Ulfric does, it's not like they went. "Hey this is crazy, so slaughter innocents maybe?"

Back onto the task at hand with Balgruuf, you keep distracting me off topic with your Ulfric sexual fantasy, Raijin. :p

He isn't all that bad, Whiterun was getting pressured by both sides. Ulfric wanted it and the Empire didn't want Ulfric to have it. Balgruuf took the lesser of two evils, he doesn't like Ulfric which is noted, but you also forget he doesn't like Elisif either. He hates them both, except one side was threatening his city.

There are far worse Jarls than Balgruuf.

But the Stormcloaks were created because of the Empire. How can I not blame the Empire for what Ulfric is doing? You say it's bad... I say it's right thing to do. I can reason with his motivation. I know how it feels to have some of your freedom sucked away due to corrupted politicians.

I'll stop my sexual fantasies with Ulfric if you stop yours with the Empire. You know you have a thing for elderly men with a royal robes attached to their bodies, don't lie :p

Balgruuf is a flat out scumbag. He's an ultimate user. Had I been an Imperial legion follower like you I would be outrage at his disrespect words that he clearly demonstrated during the battle of Whiterun. To call a Legate that his men are weak and a milk drinker.... fluff that! I would've taken my men and walk away... let the Jarl and his "fearless" men take care of the Stormcloaks themselves.

Raijin

The Empire never got the chance to deal with the matter, he's speaking to the author, about that since the Empire is now back in control of the Reach, they will take their land from them. It wouldn't make sense to make a threat to Ulfric who was in Imperial prison. The Empire retook complete control of Markarth and the Reach after they arrested Ulfric, it became the Empire's problem with the Forsworn.

Because they rather hire Ulfric and his men to retake back the reach. They already did the deed. They got Markarth back all thanks to the Stormcloaks. Ulfric wand up getting royally plowed when he was sent to prison for violating the WGC. I can see why Ulfric despises the Empire. They keep fluffing people over.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
But the Stormcloaks were created because of the Empire. How can I not blame the Empire for what Ulfric is doing? You say it's bad... I say it's right thing to do. I can reason with his motivation. I know how it feels to have some of your freedom sucked away due to corrupted politicians.

I'll stop my sexual fantasies with Ulfric if you stop yours with the Empire. You know you have a thing for elderly men with a royal robes attached to their bodies, don't lie :p

Balgruuf is a flat out scumbag. He's an ultimate user. Had I been an Imperial legion follower like you I would be outrage at his disrespect words that he clearly demonstrated during the battle of Whiterun. To call a Legate that his men are weak and a milk drinker.... fluff that! I would've taken my men and walk away... let the Jarl and his "fearless" men take care of the Stormcloaks themselves.

I don't find anything to be angry about, I'm Australian. We insult each other all the time, soldiers insult each other all the time. Balgruuf would be feeling very tense and anxious, his city is under attack. The people under his care are at risk. The Milk-drinker insult is something I think seems to go back hundreds of years between the soldiers of the different races in the Legion. Friendly banter of each other to ease a tense situation.

Raijin

I don't find anything to be angry about, I'm Australian. We insult each other all the time, soldiers insult each other all the time. Balgruuf would be feeling very tense and anxious, his city is under attack. The people under his care are at risk. The Milk-drinker insult is something I think seems to go back hundreds of years between the soldiers of the different races in the Legion. Friendly banter of each other to ease a tense situation.

Were talking about Skyrim here, not real life. Theirs no such thing as an Australian in the world of Nirin :p The culture are different. When someone doesn't like you they call you a Milk drinker, and it's not a play insult either. If you read the transcript during battle of Whiterun the Legate got quite annoyed to Balgruuf's total disrespect, and ask him if he prefer that they leave. To call the Imperial Legion weak and a milk drinker is disrespectful, especially when theirs Imperial soldiers that's dying in his hold because he decided to pick a fight with Ulfric.The ungrateful asshole that he is.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Were talking about Skyrim here, not real life. Theirs no such thing as an Australian in the world of Nirin :p The culture are different. When someone doesn't like you they call you a Milk drinker, and it's not a play insult either. If you read the transcript during battle of Whiterun the Legate got quite annoyed to Balgruuf's total disrespect, and ask him if he prefer that they leave. To call the Imperial Legion weak and a milk drinker is disrespectful, especially when theirs Imperial soldiers that's dying in his hold because he decided to pick a fight with Ulfric.The ungrateful asshole that he is.

Those soldiers are recruited from Skyrim's population. Killing your own brothers and sisters, people who grew up together. Very few soldiers in Skyrim are from Cyrodiil. Many Nords and Imperials you come across are all Skyrim born. Fighting for their homes and their beliefs.

"This is what you wanted? Shield brothers and sisters killing each other? Families torn apart? This is the Skyrim you want?!"

It doesn't matter how Balgruuf feels, he's still a citizen of the Empire. The Legion will still protect him. Insulting the Legion doesn't mean he is a bad Jarl, not like he's Ulfric who killed and tortured innocent people...

Raijin

Those soldiers are recruited from Skyrim's population. Killing your own brothers and sisters, people who grew up together. Very few soldiers in Skyrim are from Cyrodiil. Many Nords and Imperials you come across are all Skyrim born. Fighting for their homes and their beliefs.

"This is what you wanted? Shield brothers and sisters killing each other? Families torn apart? This is the Skyrim you want?!"

Spreading Imperial propaganda once again. Rikke was programmed by the Imperial tyranny. What did that bastard Tullius do to her? What leverage does the Empire had on her anyways? Or did the Thalmor programmed her? Just like they did with you Imperial turds.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Spreading Imperial propaganda once again. Rikke was programmed by the Imperial tyranny. What did that bastard Tullius do to her? What leverage does the Empire had on her anyways? Or did the Thalmor programmed her? Just like they did with you Imperial turds.

Imperial tyranny?

Siege_of_Whiterun.png

BattleforWhiterun_(no_touchy_dad).jpg

3717321-1360442178.png

Battle_for_Solitude.png

969968-1328910431.jpg

Seems more like Stormcloak Tyranny.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
This is Imperial Tyranny... Getting executed for doing nothing wrong.

"Damn you Stormcloaks. Skyrim was fine until you came along. Empire was nice and lazy. If they hadn't been looking for you, I could've stolen that horse and be halfway to Hammerfell. You there. You and me - we shouldn't be here. It's these Stormcloaks the Empire wants."

Ralof: "Why do you think. End of the line. Let's go. Shouldn't keep the gods waiting for us."
Lokir: "No! Wait! We're not rebels!"
Ralof: "Face your death with some courage, thief."
Lokir: "You've got to tell them! We weren't with you! This is a mistake!"

All the Stormcloaks had to do, was denounce your involvement. So tell me, do you blame the person who hands your punishment for a crime, or do you blame the person who knew your innocence and said nothing.

Raijin

"Damn you Stormcloaks. Skyrim was fine until you came along. Empire was nice and lazy. If they hadn't been looking for you, I could've stolen that horse and be halfway to Hammerfell. You there. You and me - we shouldn't be here. It's these Stormcloaks the Empire wants."

Ralof: "Why do you think. End of the line. Let's go. Shouldn't keep the gods waiting for us."
Lokir: "No! Wait! We're not rebels!"
Ralof: "Face your death with some courage, thief."
Lokir: "You've got to tell them! We weren't with you! This is a mistake!"

All the Stormcloaks had to do, was denounce your involvement. So tell me, do you blame the person who hands your punishment for a crime, or do you blame the person who knew your innocence and said nothing.

The captured Stormcloaks has enough on their plate to deal with already. It's not the Stormcloaks job to tell the Imperials that you're not involve in their militia. The Imperials has a dungeon and has all the necessary unit for a total interrogation. Why didn't the Imperials take you down there instead of trying to kill you? Lokir should be in prison, not awaiting for an execution. Damn these Imperials. Blood thirsty they are.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
The captured Stormcloaks has enough on their plate to deal with already. It's not the Stormcloaks job to tell the Imperials that you're not involve in their militia. The Imperials has a dungeon and has all the necessary unit for a total interrogation. Why didn't the Imperials take you down there instead of trying to kill you? Lokir should be in prison, not awaiting for an execution. Damn these Imperials. Blood thirsty they are.

We've been over this. Though we've distracted this thread long enough, take it to the civil war thread so I can beat you down :p <3

Balgruuf isn't bad, stop hating on him. You hate on everyone, like Kodlak.

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!
The Stormcloak vs Imperials is a plague. It spreads from thread to thread, disturbing the balance of peace. First there is an urge in the heart to fight, the first symptom. If you don't stop then Talos bless your soul. The second symptom is a pain in the eyes and the third is to the brain. If the plague doesn't kill your brain then it will haunt you forever. You may run, but the plague keeps attracting you like a moth. You can never escape, so remember, STAY AWAY FROM THE URGE!!!!!!!

Seriously guys, can't we just fight in one thread?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts