• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
I know it's old news about the random vampire attacks when DG is installed, but today's situation is just ridiculous. I just finished the Whispering Door quest and when I arrived at the food stands a courier gives me a letter of inheritance. This letter states that Amren died. Now, it was day time, and I had no idea when he died (no corpse anywhere). BUT, there was a Master Vampire fighting six guards. I reloaded to the earliest save I could and I STILL get the inheritance letter, and this time, that guy who complains about the cold not being good for his crops is already dead along with Amren. This really sucks. You'd think that if there was a vampire attack, you would realize it and be able to save foolishly heroic NPCs. At least when a dragon attacks, you know it, and can reload or fight it and give you a chance to save people. I got so pissed off, I destroyed the guards and have since, taken a break.

Anyone have any similar stories?

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
Staff member
I always quadruple check my cities and towns.

Saozig

Hippy
I haven't gotten DG yet--may never get it, in fact--mainly because of these random vampire attacks. Vampires are Ok as occasional enemies but the amount of encounters you have with them in the standard game is about all I really care to deal with, and I'd trade all of these silly vampires for smarter, better organized bandit troops to pit my characters against. I don't need vampires killing off NPCs I like and want to keep in my games, ones who wouldn't die otherwise. I would love to have Dragonbone weapons and make my own arrows and even have access to that Face Sculptor, or see the cool locations and whatnot, but not if means this. Not if it is going to make the rest of the game poorer and more frustrating. Dragons are annoying enough--hence why I'm trying another no-dragon play-through.

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
Staff member
I haven't gotten DG yet--may never get it, in fact--mainly because of these random vampire attacks. Vampires are Ok as occasional enemies but the amount of encounters you have with them in the standard game is about all I really care to deal with, and I'd trade all of these silly vampires for smarter, better organized bandit troops to pit my characters against. I don't need vampires killing off NPCs I like and want to keep in my games, ones who wouldn't die otherwise. I would love to have Dragonbone weapons and make my own arrows and even have access to that Face Sculptor, or see the cool locations and whatnot, but not if means this. Not if it is going to make the rest of the game poorer and more frustrating. Dragons are annoying enough--hence why I'm trying another no-dragon play-through.
Only if you join the Dawnguard. If you do join them, avoid towns at all costs and complete the main questlineASAP or you WILL be attacked. They even sent a vampire assassin after me.

MrThirsty247

After completing the main quest for the Dawnguard team - I'm 'hoping' that the Vamp attacks will now stop. I made sure I lost no key towns people before completing it (although I came very close as Vamps are hardcore!)

Ritterkreuz

Only if you join the Dawnguard. If you do join them, avoid towns at all costs and complete the main questlineASAP or you WILL be attacked. They even sent a vampire assassin after me.

I'll have to remember that when it comes out on Tuesday.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
I uninstalled Dawnguard so I could create a new character and start fresh. Mainly because I hate having to rush through it at level 10 so no one dies.

Thorn

In the Hist we trust
I uninstalled Dawnguard so I could create a new character and start fresh. Mainly because I hate having to rush through it at level 10 so no one dies.
I did the same thing recently. After playing through both sides twice I came to realize that I was a litte disappointed with the whole DLC. Mainly because of the questlines....the story seemed a bit forced to me. The new locations and lore is great, as are some of the new armor and weapons. But I soon realized that I was playing the main quest just so the merchants would not die, and in order to get s specific weapon. But now I realize that that weapon was only really useful to me in one fight.

Verac

yeah pisses me off to when they attack and kill key people you need. its even more annoying when ur a vampire lord using cursed arrows almost instantly sometimes they get attacked by worse than vampires but gargoyles to. the guards are so pitifully weak it makes you think giving kids armor and swords would be better. seriously what happend to the dreaded imperial guardsman of cyrodil......those mofos can smell the stink of your criminal filth....they can teleport into houses and catch you in the act......even when you are undetected......you cant run.....they're arrows blot out the sun.....and the only shade....is more guardsman....

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
yeah pisses me off to when they attack and kill key people you need. its even more annoying when ur a vampire lord using cursed arrows almost instantly sometimes they get attacked by worse than vampires but gargoyles to. the guards are so pitifully weak it makes you think giving kids armor and swords would be better. seriously what happend to the dreaded imperial guardsman of cyrodil......those mofos can smell the stink of your criminal filth....they can teleport into houses and catch you in the act......even when you are undetected......you cant run.....they're arrows blot out the sun.....and the only shade....is more guardsman....

I had one of those Imperial Guards track me down inside an Oblivion gate to arrest me.

The dreaded Imperial Watch are probably still in Cyrodiil

Verac

I had one of those Imperial Guards track me down inside an Oblivion gate to arrest me.

they're everywhere man. everywhere....... the thalmor just casted a spell to restrain the hordes......but they are coming....waiting.......

Jaeger

I was doing a bounty hunter mission at Valtheim keep and the Dawnguard Orc dude that asked me to join recently in Whiterun was walking down the road back to castle Dawnguard, saw the bandits and started to attack the bandits. Damn Orc dude stole my Thunder!

dragonman7209

I hate the vamp attacks, i have lost several of my smiths to them. now it is getting hard to find good places to buy the iron ingots that i need to build the houses in hearthfire.

Verac

I hate the vamp attacks, i have lost several of my smiths to them. now it is getting hard to find good places to buy the iron ingots that i need to build the houses in hearthfire.
i can remedy that, if u did the balimand firesalts quest he will allow u in his house, in the base in is a huge stacks of steel and iron that respawn and its not considered stealing((i think the steel is no pun)) but not the iron

Gowsh

Old Fart

I'm playing Oblivion now and it just happened to me.

The Bleak Mine guards tracked me down and arrested me in an Oblivion gate.

Then, at the Bruma jail, the Bleak Mine guards got in a fight with the Imperial guards. I assisted the Imperials, who wiped out the Bleak Miners. Then, the Imperial guards arrested me as well.

Some days it just doesn't pay to be a hero and SAVE THE DAMNED TOWN!!! :)

Sorry to go OT, but I had to vent.

orca45

What we do in life, echoes in the eternity !
Yes, vampires are a plague ! If you do not finish the main quest and kill Harkon, they will attack you anywhere or your friends and people who helped or deal with you anyhow. That is why, right now I am playing it again and I decided to to Dawnguard first and I am done with it, so I do not have to watch my back or reloading my game to avoid innocent people being killed. It is not a good business as well.
They killed the merchant in Riverwood and that is not helping me in the game because this guy is the only one who carry 10K to buy your stuff, so by all means, I will protect him. They also killed Alvor in Riverwood ( one less blacksmith to buy / sale stuff from ) and they also killed the Warmaiden' wife in Whiterun, so another less blacksmith to buy stuff from and that is not good for me in the game, so I decided to finish first Dawnguard to stop them at once.
At least the Miraak cultist are not killing everybody but just looking for you and they are easy to kill in compare to vampires. I would like my Unrelenting Force to be so powerful to destroy Volkihar Castle and leave them homeless ...lol

Chadonraz

I usually avoid spending time in cities and town during nighttime, so that those damn vampires won't attack. So far I've only ever lost one NPC in a vampire attack -- but it was Belethor (in ash pile form). I reloaded the last save (he's too important to lose), and helped kill the dawn things. :mad:

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts