I MADE A THING. The thing is a Let's Play!

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

AS88

Staff member
You are a sneaky little... stripper..

Kalin of High Rock

Faal Lun Vahdin
Having watched many a let's play, I think you should outline your goals for this particular Let's Play. It makes the experience a bit tighter and more defined when the audience knows what you're working towards. This is often done by establishing a little bit of the character and their traits, their quest, and so on.

Something to think about.

Oh! and lighting mods. Lighting mods make it a more interesting watch. Instead of the soapy-used-foot-bath-water consistency of the vanilla lighting.

Ivory

Let's Player
Having watched many a let's play, I think you should outline your goals for this particular Let's Play. It makes the experience a bit tighter and more defined when the audience knows what you're working towards. This is often done by establishing a little bit of the character and their traits, their quest, and so on.

Something to think about.

Oh! and lighting mods. Lighting mods make it a more interesting watch. Instead of the soapy-used-foot-bath-water consistency of the vanilla lighting.

I dunno. I kinda disagree. That's more for longer video LP'rs like myself who have an established character and story, it seems to me this is more of a experience this game with me sort of play.

Kalin of High Rock

Faal Lun Vahdin
I think a character's kind of a big part of a Let's Play. It's how the audience interfaces with the LPer's thought process. This makes the whole experience seem more focused and less arbitrary. The character identity is a tool to quickly explain the choices they're making and why. Which is why it's so common to see.

Even LPers that know or care little about lore (MXR's Let's Plays come to mind) use this method.

AS88

Staff member
Also did you put in those additional sounds or is it a mod? If so what is the mods name?

Not a mod, I add sound effects in when I edit. Most of them are from Earthbound. :D

The sound effects make this LP, they're just subtle enough to notice and laugh at without it taking away from what you're doing or saying.

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni

I dunno. I kinda disagree. That's more for longer video LP'rs like myself who have an established character and story, it seems to me this is more of a experience this game with me sort of play.

The goal, so to speak, is to play a game renewed with mods, and as Ivory said, for viewers to experience that with me. If you mean in-game goals, like specific quests, I'm getting there... I just need to make my way out of the middle of nowhere first. :D

In terms of the character, I sort of figured I was the character. I do explain the build a bit in the video descriptions. But I hadn't thought of traits or a backstory for the character, because the point of this playthrough isn't to play as the character, or to make choices for the character—it's to play as me and make choices for me, because this is a new experience, for me.

I do see what you're saying, though. Any LP is more interesting with a more interesting character. So I'll have a think on that.

TheNatural

Definitely amusing, though as a fellow Let's player I must suggest you adjusting your mic volume. When you raise your voice it tends to get very close to straining the mic.

Forgive my noobness, but you're suggesting I put the mic volume down, right? Will my quieter speech still be audible enough?

As for the vocals: It isn't easy to use a standard preset for a long recording of a female speaking voice, especially when there are a lot of dynamic changes, so have no fear. For the most part, it was spot on, but if you really wanted to make it seamless and blend perfectly with the video, you could manually edit the volume of the higher/louder parts. That being said, I didn't find it inaudible at all, when you get surprised by something, I do too!

Anouck

Queen of Procrastination
It's hilarious. I literally enjoyed every second. MOAR MOAR :eek:

Bulldog

I love it. I like the commentary, but the sound effects you added are just plain awesome. I honestly think you should make longer videos. Can't wait for the next one.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts