• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
I mean, seriously?

Health2071
WTH?

I have, after hours and hours of game play, finally stuck with a character long enough to hit level 80 and excitedly went looking for this dude.
:sadface: I was totally owned. I am playing on master and I don't want to lower the difficulty. If I can own Mirrak's ass on master then I am going to defeat the Ebony Warrior on master gods dammit! After numerous non humorous slow motion scenes of me dying, I fled the mountain with my tail betwixt mine shapely nordic legs.

How did you defeat the Ebony Warrior (or didn't)?

Mighty Pecan Pie

The secret American
Aww, my highest character is level 51.. And I have no clue how to get it higher :p

Manmangler

I have done it several ways
- 100 Sneak, archery + poisons (Hint darkbrotherhood mission dont use Jarrin root). Yes weak coward way
- Dual wielding 100 one handed, heavy armour, STOCK FULL OF POTIONS, enhancments every piece etc Manly way but it take times and very active use health potiosn and saves

Yep I play legendary

This palythorugh I'm level 94 but I havent go there yet.

Lucid

It was a loooong fight, with much blocking and shield bashing. And Fire-breath. The hills rang all day with Yol Toor Shul. I may also have drank my weight in potions.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
I am thinking my Legendary Foresworn armour is not enough. I have a health regen enchant on it but I might make some Dragonscale armour. I can do double enchanting so I will see what I can come up with on the new armour.

Lucid

I am thinking my Legendary Foresworn armour is not enough. I have a health regen enchant on it but I might make some Dragonscale armour. I can do double enchanting so I will see what I can come up with on the new armour.

I've only kept one character rolling long enough to fight th EW. I'm pretty sure I was wearing deathbrand armor.

General Charles Xander

General of the 11th Imperial Legion
LOL, I killed him I think the most cowardice way of all! Multiple followers glitch (2 initiates, Cicero and Mjoll) with with Yamarz and Orchendor thrall. If that wasn't enough, I even used Karstaag! Lol i'm pathetic! :p

Writes-Many-Posts

Champion of Grottos and Gremlins
You can always poison your blade with the root Astrid gave you in the DB Questline. You can use Mehrune's Razor to istakill him. (I mean, after 100 strikes the effect must trigger, right?). And Karstaag+that follower from Tel Mythryn+his conjured atronach may remove the EW's aggro from you, and allow you to attack him while he bothers himself to take care of your essential follower and his endless summonings. You can also tame a legendary dragon and fly to his Vigil, but your dragon will eventually die before the EW and leave you to take care of the rest of his HP.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Done him once and have avoided him like the plague ever since. I even too the difficulty all the way down to novice and got owned. The only way I beat him was on my mage by spamming him with every conceivable spell I could come up with (unfortunately he has major protection and resistance to just about everything). Frankly, I wish I could have just sic him on Miraak. Miraak would have gotten a beatdown without question.

Funny, but his armor and weapon isn't that great actually. It's got to be the having of more HP than a Legendary Dragon.

ColleenG

When in doubt, follow the fox.
I really wish I'd had a good fight with the guy. I took him down in two shots. He just stood there.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
Done him once and have avoided him like the plague ever since. I even too the difficulty all the way down to novice and got owned. The only way I beat him was on my mage by spamming him with every conceivable spell I could come up with (unfortunately he has major protection and resistance to just about everything). Frankly, I wish I could have just sic him on Miraak. Miraak would have gotten a beatdown without question.

Funny, but his armor and weapon isn't that great actually. It's got to be the having of more HP than a Legendary Dragon.
I think that's the main reason why he is so difficult...his insane health level.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
You can always poison your blade with the root Astrid gave you in the DB Questline. You can use Mehrune's Razor to istakill him. (I mean, after 100 strikes the effect must trigger, right?). And Karstaag+that follower from Tel Mythryn+his conjured atronach may remove the EW's aggro from you, and allow you to attack him while he bothers himself to take care of your essential follower and his endless summonings. You can also tame a legendary dragon and fly to his Vigil, but your dragon will eventually die before the EW and leave you to take care of the rest of his HP.
I am yet to meet Karstaag. I was thinking of taking Vald, buying an armoured troll, hopping on Shadowmere, and fast travelling there with all of them.

Writes-Many-Posts

Is Vald that fellow you met in that cave full of spriggans or is he someone I haven't met? :eek:

Writes-Many-Posts

Is Vald that fellow you met in that cave full of spriggans or is he someone I haven't met? :eek:
Valdimar, your Housecarl from Morthal. He is awesome.
Oh, embarrassingly, I've never used Dawnstar and Morthal's housecarls, too lazy... When I find them I am already in a level in which I am so destructive that asking them to follow me equals blasting them with Soul Tear right away :sadface:

But anyway, Valdimar begins combat with an alteration spell, so he might be durable enough to do the same thing as Talvas (the guy I mentioned before) and his conjurations, which is soaking damage and letting you attack the EW in peace. But he isn't essential, so be ready to step in in case he gets low. Also, EW is immune to Bend Will (I didn't know and died), so don't rely on that.

If you feel like hunting Karstaag down, the Standing Stone of the Ritual might be of use, with all the Rieklings you kill, and you can use the Aethereal Crown to keep that active stocked literally in your backpack ready for use. DO NOT use Mehrune's Razor to kill Karstaag. He is apparently immune. (After dying so many times I looked it up and it turned out Karstaag was one of the few who were immune to the dagger's effect -.-)

Anyway, if you don't feel like gathering all those items/people/buffs, you can always max your Conjuration, and make sure you keep him busy with atronachs long enough for you and Vald to chunk down his health (though he will heal back up fairly often). There is also a Troll and a Dragon nearby when you fast travel, and you can start combat right away to take advantage of their distraction. Or summon Durnehviir/Odahviing and use Storm Call (the Vigil is still outside, so why not taking advantage of this?). A hero of Sovngarde can also tank his attacks for a while. I don't know whether or not he is immune to disarm, but I think pickpocketing his gear is possible, so you can leave him completely naked before the duel!

Or FusRohDah him from the cliff! It will take a good portion of his HP away! Beast/Vampire form take him down especially easily too, but if you plan on staying human, at least empower yourself with Dragon form before combat, and use your racial power (histskin helped me when I ran out of potions). Anyway while he stands back up from a staggering blow or a shout, use your power attacks, don't waste stamina while he has his full defense, or he will just hit you as hard as you hit him, and render everything you did worthless (because he heals his damage back).

But some of these tips depend on how your character fights too... :/

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Valdimar, your Housecarl from Morthal. He is awesome.
Oh, embarrassingly, I've never used Dawnstar and Morthal's housecarls, too lazy... When I find them I am already in a level in which I am so destructive that asking them to follow me equals blasting them with Soul Tear right away :sadface:

But anyway, Valdimar begins combat with an alteration spell, so he might be durable enough to do the same thing as Talvas (the guy I mentioned before) and his conjurations, which is soaking damage and letting you attack the EW in peace. But he isn't essential, so be ready to step in in case he gets low. Also, EW is immune to Bend Will (I didn't know and died), so don't rely on that.

If you feel like hunting Karstaag down, the Standing Stone of the Ritual might be of use, with all the Rieklings you kill, and you can use the Aethereal Crown to keep that active stocked literally in your backpack ready for use. DO NOT use Mehrune's Razor to kill Karstaag. He is apparently immune. (After dying so many times I looked it up and it turned out Karstaag was one of the few who were immune to the dagger's effect -.-)

Anyway, if you don't feel like gathering all those items/people/buffs, you can always max your Conjuration, and make sure you keep him busy with atronachs long enough for you and Vald to chunk down his health (though he will heal back up fairly often). There is also a Troll and a Dragon nearby when you fast travel, and you can start combat right away to take advantage of their distraction. Or summon Durnehviir/Odahviing and use Storm Call (the Vigil is still outside, so why not taking advantage of this?). A hero of Sovngarde can also tank his attacks for a while. I don't know whether or not he is immune to disarm, but I think pickpocketing his gear is possible, so you can leave him completely naked before the duel!

Or FusRohDah him from the cliff! It will take a good portion of his HP away! Beast/Vampire form take him down especially easily too, but if you plan on staying human, at least empower yourself with Dragon form before combat, and use your racial power (histskin helped me when I ran out of potions). Anyway while he stands back up from a staggering blow or a shout, use your power attacks, don't waste stamina while he has his full defense, or he will just hit you as hard as you hit him, and render everything you did worthless (because he heals his damage back).

But some of these tips depend on how your character fights too... :/
Okay. I missed one. Never done Varstagg and I've logged over 4K hours on SR.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts