I don't really understand the Great War

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Volbound

(Note that I want this topic to be a friendly discussion. If I come off as hostile in any way, please forgive me)

I really don't understand how the Aldemari Dominion does so well in the Great War considering the entirety of the Elder Scrolls series.

At the time of the outbreak of the war, the Aldemari Dominion was fighting the following regions:

1. Hammerfall
2. High Rock
3. Skyrim
4. Cyrodil
5. A broken Morrowind possibly

Taken this into account, they are effectively fighting both the Daggerfall Covenant and Ebonheart Pact (minus Argonians) from ESO plus Cyrodil.

How are they not overwhelmed? Also, wouldn't the pirates/corsairs from Hammerfall wreck the Aldemari Dominion's ability to ship supplies from the Summerset Islands to their continental holdings?

I can understand, perhaps, the surprise attack but in the long run, the Imperial Faction should have still wiped the floor with the Dominion.

I have never understood how they became such a threat? Can someone explain to me? (I get that the High Elves are the best mages and that might be a factor but the Bretons have great mages that could counter them).

Perhaps the Thalmor had a deal with one of the Daedra since they seem to be very OP and could turn the course of a war in ones favor.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts