• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
So I have built my house, Lakeview Manor. I have built on the extra bedroom on the side and put in two childrens beds and the double bed. Now I want to adopt aleson, the orphan kid in Dawnstar, but when ever I ask him my dialogue says, "I have a house but no room for you"
What's gone wrong? Have I not put enough things in my house? Or is it a glitch?

Irish

Thane of Solitude
Make sure you have two child's chests in the bedroom, as well. Until you furnish/build those, you can't adopt.

They should make it more realistic. You tell a kid several times you have no room for them eventually they should have a dialogue that says "that's fine I didn't want to live with you anyway!" Bahahaha

So I have built my house, Lakeview Manor. I have built on the extra bedroom on the side and put in two childrens beds and the double bed. Now I want to adopt aleson, the orphan kid in Dawnstar, but when ever I ask him my dialogue says, "I have a house but no room for you"
What's gone wrong? Have I not put enough things in my house? Or is it a glitch?

I Have a problem with little Sophie The flower girl in Wildhelm . I'm always able to give her a home but after always adopting from the ophanage first( always Runa Far- Shield) ( I adopt Sophie off the street ) I can never give her anything except Money only when she asks. So when she hit's me up I give her 1,000 gold cuase I feel so bad , My other little girl get's every thing . When I try to give Sophie any item cept gold It says ( This Item to heavy ????) I understand how frustrated you must feel , bout the little guy who runs his legs off just for food to eat, cause i've thought about giving him a home many times. Hey Congats glad it worked for you :) I run console X -Box 360 mabye a glitch.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
I Have a problem with little Sophie The flower girl in Wildhelm . I'm always able to give her a home but after always adopting from the ophanage first( always Runa Far- Shield) ( I adopt Sophie off the street ) I can never give her anything except Money only when she asks. So when she hit's me up I give her 1,000 gold cuase I feel so bad , My other little girl get's every thing . When I try to give Sophie any item cept gold It says ( This Item to heavy ????) I understand how frustrated you must feel , bout the little guy who runs his legs off just for food to eat, cause i've thought about giving him a home many times. Hey Congats glad it worked for you :) I run console X -Box 360 mabye a glitch.

I am on xbox as well and I have been trying to see if I can find anything about your problem. Seems odd. Did you kill Grelod the Kind first? Did you receive an adoption flyer from the orphanage?
My kids are doing well. Running around, playing tag..lol.

I am on xbox as well and I have been trying to see if I can find anything about your problem. Seems odd. Did you kill Grelod the Kind first? Did you receive an adoption flyer from the orphanage?
My kids are doing well. Running around, playing tag..lol.

Killed that ol child hater first , Then responded to the letter. then lot's of time went by and I gave lil flower girl a home , it's kinda frustrating when you like to spoil them LOL. Thanks S.Kitty if ya find out any thing about a glitch would appreciate it.:)

Irish

Thane of Solitude
Aw WOW tks , 2 chests, that could be the problem . I'll move them to Solitude and check it out. Current home has only 1 chest in child's room. Thanks for tip , hope this works .

No problem! :) There definitely has to be two child's beds and two child's chests for Hearthfire DLC homes (Lakeview Manor, etc), and for the vanilla homes available, you can simply purchase the children's bedroom from the Jarl's steward and it'll come fully equipped. Good luck!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts