How we can talk about Hitler without getting banned for it...

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

sticky runes

I don't buy it. I never liked making real world parallels to a game world. It can get tricky. In a way you could argue that Ulfric is like Hitler as well, with the fact that he only wants to the Nords to inhabit Skyrim. Or rather, the Nords that are Stormcloaks.

Well since the Imperials are largely inspired by Romans, and there were plenty of historical figures who rebelled against Rome's dominion, such as Vercingetorix, Arminius or Boudica, then I'd rather compare Ulfric to any of those than Hitler.

I think it depends on what timeframe you choose to compare it to, as some eras and cultures are a bit more relevant than others.

Doctor Langstrom

I want to be FEARED!
Well since the Imperials are largely inspired by Romans, and there were plenty of historical figures who rebelled against Rome's dominion, such as Vercingetorix, Arminius or Boudica, then I'd rather compare Ulfric to any of those than Hitler.

I think it depends on what timeframe you choose to compare it to, as some eras and cultures are a bit more relevant than others.

I would consider the Romans to be an inspiration for the Empire//Imperials, rather than a parallel.

KaitoGhost

Sea Sponge First Mate
Well, being a person of both Polish and Jewish decent (sp?), I figure I should throw my 2 cents in here.

First off, nordicvampirewerewolfbladewhateveryourdamnnameis, when you don't know what you are talking about (like this thread, for example), your best course of action is to shut the hell up. But since we all know that you are 12 years old (mentally, at least), and this is the internet, then that is just not possible. Therefore, my next piece of advice for you is when Christmas break ends, and you go back to school, ask your history teacher if you could borrow a book about the events of World War II, sit down (and brace yourself for what I'm about to say next, it's a doozy), and actually read it. Then, when you are a little more informed on the subject, come back here, so you can continue to make a spectacular fool of yourself, for all the world to see.

Is it too late to nominate this for thread of the year? I found it hilarious.

KaitoGhost

Sea Sponge First Mate
I know, but I think it would be better for him to actually read it in a book. Not only would he learn more about the subject, he would be learning it in the form of proper sentence structure, which hopefully, he would then begin to use. ;)

jRi0T68

If anything, he should be kidnapped, taken to one of the actual camps, and forced to see it first hand.

Unless he's a sociopath, the truth and despair would sink in.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts