How often do you guys use your shouts?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Nephor The Shadow Stalker

Strike swiftly and silently.
I'm a stealth archer by habit and Throw Voice never gets old but when pl*** hits the Fus Ro Dah is always helpful in a bind. Especially when playing on legendary. I also use Become Etheral a lot when I get mobbed. So handy. Slow Time and Whirlwind Sprint are great for when I get cornered and last but certainly not least Ice Form for those tough bosses.:)

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
According to my stats my favoured shout is, of course, Unrelenting Force. But I also like Ice form as it disables a lot of enemies at the one time. I like to use Dragon Aspect to. Especially when a Werewolf. Using Dragon Aspect before you turn, while wearing the Ring of the Hunt makes you an unstoppable killing machine.

I use shouts more than I use racial abilities. I almost never use those. Oh, except when I am a kitteh, I like the night vision.

According to my stats my favoured shout is, of course, Unrelenting Force. But I also like Ice form as it disables a lot of enemies at the one time. I like to use Dragon Aspect to. Especially when a Werewolf. Using Dragon Aspect before you turn, while wearing the Ring of the Hunt makes you an unstoppable killing machine.

I use shouts more than I use racial abilities. I almost never use those. Oh, except when I am a kitteh, I like the night vision.
Off topic but it's to bad the werewolf doesn't have night eye. That would've been really awesome!!

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows

Off topic but it's to bad the werewolf doesn't have night eye. That would've been really awesome!!
I totally agree. That would have worked really well in first person.

HouseHosted

Mundus 9-5, Oblivion weekends
The three I use the most are Marked for Death, Whirlwind Sprint, and Elemental Fury.

Marked for Death for dragons-- esp. since I never feel like fighting them. Whirlwind Sprint as often as possible to jump around the map. Elemental Fury is absolutely amazing to say the least.

rlang290

I like "Become Ethereal". I don't use it in combat. It saves me a lot of time getting where I need to go.
If I need to head in a particular direction and I come to the edge of a cliff I use the shout, jump off the cliff, and continue on my merry way. :)

Kalin of High Rock

Faal Lun Vahdin
It depends on who I'm playing.

Kalin, my original pure-mage used ice-form and flame shouts quite a bit. ice-form was especially useful for getting pushy followers out of the way of the door, back when I was playing on the X-BOX.

My melee characters, like my spell-sword use unrelenting force. Usually just the first level of it "fus!", to unbalance an opponent for a killing blow. Though I will use the full "Fus Roh Dah!" if I see a chance to blow an enemy off a precipice.

My current character, Shian, is on my "I'm Not The Bloody Dragonborn!" save. So she can't shout at all. Because she's not the dragon born. To be honest, I don't miss them.

ShadowHunter

I only use Unrelenting Force, Dragonrend, Summon Durnehviir and Call Dragon. Those I use once in a while

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lucid

Many of my characters aren't Dragonborn, but I spam shouts on those that are.

I prefer the Shout to detect life/dead spells, I frequently become ethereal to jump off cliffs, and I absolutely love breathing fire. I have a mod that reduces shout cooldown with upgraded Talos amulets, but it's bugged to have 0-cooldown time on firebreath with the highest amulet upgrade and a blessing from a Shrine of Talos. I can hold down the button and continually Yol Toor Shul. There's no need to unsheathe my weapons or tap into my mana at all.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
I notice that folks keep referring to the Detect Life/Death shouts, Aura Whisper and Throw Voice.

I can honestly say that I find them absolutely useless and have never, ever used them except on my first playthrough just to test them out.

What use are they? Is it really that important to be able to see enemies through walls or distract folks by throwing your voice? Isn't sneak just easier?

I just don't see the point. The same holds true for the call dragon shouts, unless, of course I want to ride a dragon.

Maybe it's because, frankly, I just don't use shouts in general.

Nick Snyder

Absolutely profesh
Throw Voice is pretty useful.

Daelon DuLac

Throw Voice is pretty useful.
In what context please? I have never found the need to distract my foes, but, perhaps I can give it a try if you could give me an example of somewhere I could try.

I notice that folks keep referring to the Detect Life/Death shouts, Aura Whisper and Throw Voice.

I can honestly say that I find them absolutely useless and have never, ever used them except on my first playthrough just to test them out.

What use are they? Is it really that important to be able to see enemies through walls or distract folks by throwing your voice? Isn't sneak just easier?

I just don't see the point. The same holds true for the call dragon shouts, unless, of course I want to ride a dragon.

Maybe it's because, frankly, I just don't use shouts in general.
It's more funny for me than being an actual tool for usefulness.:p

W'rkncacnter

Mister Freeze
The vast majority of my characters never activate the main quest so I rarely use shouts. Even when I do collect them I forget about them and end up fighting without.

Harkin

Necromatic Mastermind
I would've really liked an option at the start of the game where you could create your own shouts or racial abilities if you didn't like the Presets. It would've given Character Creation more flavour an been a bigger motivator to create new roleplays.

Ppl who planned to be a royal leader or have multiple followers could have a Rally sort of Shout "CHAAAARGE!!"

Stealth Chars could have some sort of Shout that temporarily filled the area with Whisper like sounds, thereby distracting enemies to make them vulnerable to stealth attacks.

Kitty Characters could use "Purrr" Shout to appear adorable to guards and the like, decieving the enemy so they are vulnerable to the Pounce of Doom!

Fun ideas.

Daelon DuLac

I would've really liked an option at the start of the game where you could create your own shouts or racial abilities if you didn't like the Presets. It would've given Character Creation more flavour an been a bigger motivator to create new roleplays.

Ppl who planned to be a royal leader or have multiple followers could have a Rally sort of Shout "CHAAAARGE!!"

Stealth Chars could have some sort of Shout that temporarily filled the area with Whisper like sounds, thereby distracting enemies to make them vulnerable to stealth attacks.

Kitty Characters could use "Purrr" Shout to appear adorable to guards and the like, decieving the enemy so they are vulnerable to the Pounce of Doom!

Fun ideas.
"Pounce of Doom" - I like that!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts