How many weapons do you usually carry?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Jeff the DragonBorn

I usually equip myself with a bow ( maybe 130+/1 dam that burns up to 31points), A greatsword (I think 141 to damage + fire), the Nightingale blade ( takes health and stamina), and a battle axe that collects souls ( high damage forget it exactly). There is also that blade that collects dragon heart scales but I only use that after I kill the dragon.

What do you typically use and carry?

Think this is overkill?

The bow and arrow is usually number one choice as it is great to pick off targets. For up close it's the greatsword.

Any recommendations?

Tanya

I usually only carry the Wuuthrad. I need to start carrying an extra weapon though because when I get disarmed I am forced to use magic and I suck at magic.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Well, it depends on what your personal weapon preferences are as to what's going to make sense. I always carried 2 bows (1 had soul trap) then I had some sort of dagger/sword combo or as I got to higher levels, I had something like a mace and sword. The two handed stuff was just way too slow for me. I think I've fought more cobweb barriers than actual monsters with the melee weapons, though.

Nightmare Shadow

Master of Shadow
My mage has no weapons, because she is so great at magicka.
My new wood elf has a hunting bow, imperial sword, and steel dagger.
My Nord has a glass bow (for dragons in the air), a glass mace (main), and a glass sword for when I am disarmed.

Couthful

Tamriel Adventurer
Dawnbreaker and Mace of Molag Bal
Dragonplate Shield

I'm mainly a magic user though I do enjoy thrashing peeps with dual wield. don't think what you're carrying is overkill at all. Using a single weapon for gathering souls is smarter than wasting that enchant on your main weapon.

Nightmare Shadow

Master of Shadow
I play on Xbox - can I have more than one character?
Yes you can, however be sure to have a hardsave for each character, as your autosaves will change depending on which character you are playing. Also, it is important to note, that you must, and I cannot stress this enough, MUST read each file name (it will say level, race, and name) before you save. I saved over my favorite character one time and lost that save forever.

Blackst0rm

I only carry Staff of Magnus for closing the rupture quests.

Ironclad

I used to carry a cart load of weapons, from knives to warhammers. Daft really.
I now have Mehrunes dagger (a hefty 39 damage, despite the manual stating 12), a flaming Blades sword and flaming elf knife & a nice 50magica drain 1H axe for those pesky wizards.
For great action scenes, mob battles and dragons or multi-trolls I enter battle after firing off my superb Sanguine Rose! Any one else got this great weapon? I love the mocking daemon as he powers into war.
I used to go in withdual flaming blades spinning, lately I'm more thoughtful on how I murder. Muhuhahaaa

Tanya

I used to carry a cart load of weapons, from knives to warhammers. Daft really.
I now have Mehrunes dagger (a hefty 39 damage, despite the manual stating 12), a flaming Blades sword and flaming elf knife & a nice 50magica drain 1H axe for those pesky wizards.
For great action scenes, mob battles and dragons or multi-trolls I enter battle after firing off my superb Sanguine Rose! Any one else got this great weapon? I love the mocking daemon as he powers into war.
I used to go in withdual flaming blades spinning, lately I'm more thoughtful on how I murder. Muhuhahaaa
I had it but I can't remember where I stashed it. I went looking for it the other day and can't find it. It's possible that I accidentally sold it. I never got to use it though.

Tanya

Find it! It is teh awesome!
I will have to look more thoroughly next time. I do have a more organized system for storing stuff now. I just wish I would have thought of it sooner. I lost way too many things.

Dragon Bourne

Long Live Paarthurnax!
Sanguine Rose is one of my favs. Love to stand on a cliff and send the demon down into the fray, sit back and have a beer and watch the slaughter.

Maxlength

Not many really, tend to pass weapons onto my follower or sort them. Tend to use my axe and spells.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts