How long will the subscription last for?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Bats

I was wondering, when do you guys think we'll be done paying for ESO? I'm thinking that maybe in a year or so we'll see a free-to-play mentality from them, but then again, a game like ESO could last for a few years or more. Many games out there go on for a long time with a sub fee, so could ESO be like that?

Fighter X

touchy subject for me, because I am not a fan of the $15 month nonsense. I can deal with it, but I'd rather not. As for how long it'll be around, I think for a while. ESO is going to be this big world and I bet a lot of people will play for months, maybe even years. It's shaping up to be an epic classic. I can see it staying for a few years, maybe more depending on how long people really want to play.

Rimfaxe96

I hope that it keeps its fee. Would hate to pay right from the start only to see it all gone and every item I didn't have to buy with real money. It keeps the trolls/kids away, and considering the amount of people who are willing to play it, I'm pretty sure it won't become F2P that easily. Just look at the sales of Skyrim; 11.000.000 copies sold, making 690.000.000 cash in total. And it's still going!
Almost everyone of those people has at least heard of TESO.
And most of them who can afford it won't hesitate.

I'm 28 years old, Poverty is at an all time high in my country (America) so I'm not a trolling 12 year old, I simply can't afford it. The most I ever made was $20k a year after taxes, with rent, bills, gas, car insurance and etc. added up, there wasn't much left over. So lets just say, hypothetically, I had my $20k a year job as opposed to being laid off with only $12k a year minimum wage jobs as my opportunity right now, a $15 subscription fee for ONE game, would essentially NULLIFY all the other games in my library. I'm paying to play it, but I'm also paying for it when I'm NOT playing it. So in order to get the most out of my $15 a month, I have narrowed my whole library of games, some of which I've paid $60 for and are F2P, to ONE game.

Unless you use dollar bills like they're toilet paper, and don't give a damn about $15, for those of us, and we number in the 100's of millions in my country, that money IS a Major factor in our day-day lives, TESO has priced me out of continuing to be a fan of the series. My time with Elder Scrolls games ends with Skyrim, or until they scrap the Monthly Subscription.

No thanks, I've bought all the expansions for Skyrim and Skyrim itself for full price, but I'm not about to spend around $240 a year to play ONE game.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts