How long did you not play for?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Naginata

Huntress of the Shadows
Everyone takes vacations from their games sometimes... I'm wondering how long your vacation from Skyrim was, and why you stopped playing. :D Mine has been a few months. Fallout New Vegas stole my attention :)

The longest vacation I took from Skyrim was 4.5 months, it started to bore me, and so I switched to playing Oblivion and The Batman Arkham series(Only through City during the break), along with a few less well known games.

Naglfar

About three months that was the vanilla console version, before playing on my laptop then finally buying a decent PC and playing on that.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Exactly 14 days has been my longest period and that was because I was playing Oblivion. Of course, I'm going to try again once I run this character through absolutely everything. Then I'll go to Oblivion and then my other 1/2 wants me to play the Arkham games. I only hope I won't be jonesing for SR after a couple of days. :)

Daelon DuLac

Everyone takes vacations from their games sometimes... I'm wondering how long your vacation from Skyrim was, and why you stopped playing. :D Mine has been a few months. Fallout New Vegas stole my attention :)
Yuck on Fallout. Took the advice of fellow forumers and gave it a try, but just can't stand it. I guess I need swords and sorcery, magicka and drauger.

W'rkncacnter

Mister Freeze
I'm currently on hiatus from Skyrim. I think I'm pushing close to 2 months. Been playing Star Wars: The Old Republic (Free-To-Play only) quite a bit recently. And I'll occasionally jump into Warthunder for a quick battle.

Daelon DuLac

I'm currently on hiatus from Skyrim. I think I'm pushing close to 2 months. Been playing Star Wars: The Old Republic (Free-To-Play only) quite a bit recently. And I'll occasionally jump into Warthunder for a quick battle.
Guns, lasers, techno... FAH! I can get all of those in Lego games!
th

TheNatural

Yuck on Fallout. Took the advice of fellow forumers and gave it a try, but just can't stand it. I guess I need swords and sorcery, magicka and drauger.

+1 on the Fallout yuckiness. There are some games out there that aren't the a part of the Fantasy genre that I enjoy. I recently played through Bioshock: Infinite again.

My longest Skyrim drought, however, came recently. From late November of last year to late April, a friend sucked me back into *gulp* WoW. A couple years ago, my friend and I were in a very highly ranked guild, and were competing for US firsts for close to 8 months. That fell apart, and so did my interest in MMOs. Then last year, out of the blue, my friend told me he had begun playing again and needed a good, reliable player for a short time, so I jumped right in. I just didn't have the time to really do that sort of thing like I used to, so once his guild got to a good place, a stepped down, and returned to Tamriel. In fact, I think the day I unsubbed is the same day I signed up on these forums!

MMOs like wow are fun when played at a high level, but once it's over, you get this odd feeling. Sort of like waking up after a long night out, and rolling over to see the Werebear you brought back to your place, and it's like, "What am I doing with my life?"

Skyrim is definitely more my speed. Once I got a little older, I got interested in the lore, reading the books, and actually roleplaying my characters a bit, it brought back new life into an amazing game.

Daelon DuLac

Daelon DuLac

Octavia

~ Ryla <3
Currently, a few weeks maybe (I don't know any exact dates). That is, if you mean actual playing. As of late I've just been messing around with ENBs and photo shooting. :p

My longest, was probably a few months, back during the first half of 2012. I picked up the game in January, played a bit, then stopped, since that's pretty much what happens with every new game I get. I came back in April for a bit, but then stopped again for the same reason. Until late August, as you can see by my join date, since then I've been constantly on and off. :)

Daelon DuLac

i stopped playing for like 8-9 months..maybe longer. i just started playing other games
There are other games? Really? What are these "other games" to which you refer? :)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts