How do you prefer storing weapons and armour and items?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

How do you prefer to store weapons and armour and items?

• Total voters

jonathan90

well known member
I am going to make another post hear , so....

I will tell you guys how I usually store my weapons and armour in my built home.

Let's chat about this....

I store items, like for smithing in chests and safe's.

And I always store rare weapons on one side of the rack room in my armour and smithing cellar.

So how would you prefer to store your gear?

Do you enchant?

are you a jack of all trades in craft , alike myself?

sticky runes

I always use the chest next to the work table outside my house. I store building materials in there for when I want to do some building work later, and I store weapons and armour in there that I might want to use later (like, if I want to hold onto them until a certain enchantment becomes available, or if there's a specific item I want to give to a follower)

I use mannikins for special or rare suits of armour (i.e. deadric artifacts or rarities that I've collected from people I've killed)

I use weapon racks for rare weapons, like daedric or weapons I've received from the jarls, but I usually give jarl's weapons to followers as well. I often place wands on racks because they look nice and I hardly use them.

Whisper34

I use all of the above. I prefer to use chest, but I will use a satchel or a barrel if it is close to the relevant area of the house. I use the satchel by my alchemy table to keep my ingredients in and use the barrel on the other side to store my alchemy gear. I use one chest by my smithy shop to store ore, leather and ingots and I use another chest to store my smithy gear. I like to categorize stuff in different storage containers so its easy to find. The storage units do not allow you to look at the stuff they contain by categories like your own inventory does. I wish they did and I would keep more stuff in a single container. I hate scanning up and down a huge list of stuff to try to find something I stored.

jonathan90

well known member
I just store magical equipment in my enchanting lab, and I also store soul gems in satchels, whenever I need them and store spares in case of need.

I also store some enchanted rare weapons on enchanting racks too.:)

and magical armour like "expert robes, and magical dragon priest illusion, conjuration , restoration mask" on the armour rack.

Always put treasures like skulls in display cases, because the game bugged out on me when I placed different items in the display case, that I shouldn't put in the display case at the first place.I had to restart the entire game from scratch again.:mad:

Whisper34

I tried putting two of my claws (the ivory and the emerald) into display cases, but when I came home later I would always find them on the floor somewhere. One time I put them in a display case upstairs and found them on the floor of the kitchen downstairs when I came home.

Inquisitor Saken

polan can into space?
I just drop everything on the floor of my house. xD I'm too lazy to deal with Skyrim ruining my attempts at decoration.

jonathan90

well known member
I basically store weapons and armour in my markarth house. and after that my hjaalmarch house too.

Delusional

Connoisseur of Hallucinations
I have a specific 'ditch chest' which is the chest in the entryway where I just dump junk. I keep weapons in cabinets and chests in the Armory, sometimes on the weapon racks. But I really hate the sword/shield plaques. I wish I could just have weapon only plaques. I place either unique armor sets I really like or custom outfits on the mannequins throughout the house. I keep Soul Gems in my Enchanting Tower, and smithing materials in the cellar. Books go in the Library Tower in my other house (Winstad), and I keep a select collection on the bedroom bookshelf in Lakeview (My main house).

I like being organized.

annelid

Noob
I tried putting two of my claws (the ivory and the emerald) into display cases, but when I came home later I would always find them on the floor somewhere. One time I put them in a display case upstairs and found them on the floor of the kitchen downstairs when I came home.
My recollection, from other comments is that in general you can get around this, but it's a bit of a hassle.
  • Enter house
  • Drop items that you want to place on the floor
  • Leave house
  • Re-enter house
  • Place objects
  • Leave house
I haven't actually tried this to be honest, it's just what I have read elsewhere.

JClarke1953

I use Severin Manor only anymore. Most of it works okay for storing stuff except for the display cases. Otherwise my ore's and ingots go in one chest, my gem's and other high value jewelry go into the safe. Skins and leather in another chest, and items like the claw's used to open door's, stuff like that is in another chest.

Most of the high end "cool" looking weapon's are on the rack's or holders that are on the wall's. The mannequin's are dressed with the armor I've found or have taken (such as Mirraks). For me, even on the XBox, the other homes I built/furnished didn't work near as well as the Manor. The only other place I occupy is in Solitude, and I keep nothing there.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows

I tried putting all my claws on a shelf and they kept up ending back on the floor... and Farkas, my husband, keeps picking them up and giving them back to me. Gave up and dumped them in a chest. Wish they made shelves, display cabinets to store/show specific items.. eg: claw display cabinet

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts