how do you prefer building your home?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

jonathan90

well known member
okay, I have an alchemy tower for my brewery and etc.

I also have a greenhouse setup too, and I also love harvesting and growing my own ingredients of course.

I consider myself a farmer and grower in my own organic home.

I also have a armoury, and a smithing cellar,where I made all my armour and weapons.

I have 100% finished my entire home.

I mean other builds are pretty nice ,like having your own library and kitchen and etc.
but I prefer my current build.

so how do you prefer your build? explain?

CaptMorgan72

I think it depends on who your character is. I just purchased Hearthfire last night and I am really enjoying it. I love how I built a cozy little cottage and then that became the entryway to my manor. I spent hours last night just building my manor and it was crazy fun. Anyway to answer your question, my character is a master mage and I have no use for a forge so I didn't build one. I did however build a library stocked with my own books and all the books from Castle Volkihar. Lord Harkon and his court had the biggest library I ever seen. I suppose they "were" all centuries old and had the time to collect those books. I say were because I helped the Dawnguard destroy them all. Then I built a alchemy laboratory, a greenhouse and a enchanters tower.

doc108

I built mine more as a living area. With storage a kitchen and bedrooms so my family could live comfortably.When I get enough money to buy the other and build them I will go more with the library, enchanting, alchemy, armories and, other less homely stuff.

Willow

I have all three houses with different wings and intended to travel to each one for specific reasons (alchemy, enchanting, smithing...). But after starting to work on Lakeview Manor I realized I hated traveling all around the map so I made that my main house which has everything I need. I built the enchanting tower, alchemy tower, cellar blacksmith forge, and the kitchen. I really wanted the library, but I'm doing the whole kids thing and it just seems weird to have a house with no kitchen. Overall I'm happy with it :)

Wildroses

I always go for the alchemy tower and the greenhouse because I love alchemy. While I'd like a library, I get really into raising family roleplaying so I always pick the kitchen. I don't think I have to build bedrooms with the main hall. I also never turn my cottage into a main hall so my steward has a bed to sleep in.

I suspect soon I will start building bedrooms instead of greenhouses though. There's this guy working on a mod which lets you adopt more children, but so far it only works if you have the bedroom wing in Lakeview Manor as well as the main hall beds, because they all need somewhere to sleep.

jcurr25

I have to have my armory, I love having the mannequins to put armor on and all the display space for weapons gained on various quests. I honestly haven't seen the point of the kitchen as I don't get too into the role playing and it doesn't give you many more food options. I am split on what to put on the back between an alchemy tower and a trophy room. I have ended up deciding on the trophy room because I can build an alchemy lab in the main hall and I don't need much more than that to do great potion making. I end up building the enchanting tower because with the garden outside I don't see much use for building the greenhouse, I already get my hands on the ingredients I need and I feel that the bedroom is a wasted space because there are beds in the upstairs of the main hall regardless and there isn't really anything special to the bedroom. I also like the way the enchanting tower gives roof access and a great perch for shooting the hawk, and the extra weapon display racks are nice.

jonathan90

well known member
I think it depends on who your character is. I just purchased Hearthfire last night and I am really enjoying it. I love how I built a cozy little cottage and then that became the entryway to my manor. I spent hours last night just building my manor and it was crazy fun. Anyway to answer your question, my character is a master mage and I have no use for a forge so I didn't build one. I did however build a library stocked with my own books and all the books from Castle Volkihar. Lord Harkon and his court had the biggest library I ever seen. I suppose they "were" all centuries old and had the time to collect those books. I say were because I helped the Dawnguard destroy them all. Then I built a alchemy laboratory, a greenhouse and a enchanters tower.

jcurr25

when i destroyed the vampires everything still said steal when i looked at it, did it do that to you?

jonathan90

well known member
Sorry guys,I am writing replies on my phone.and I need time to get used to it. That's awesome setup man,well done.

jonathan90

well known member
It's so easy to craft,I suggest everyone just do smithing.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts