How Do I Put Mods On The Xbox?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
Alright so here is what I know and this is what I am thinking. First of all if you want to use console commands on xbox saves. Obtain A copy of Skyrim for the PC (Not suggesting anything). There is an easy way to do this. If you use an xbox drive file browser like say the one built into Horizon, 360Revolution, or Modio you can get to your save if placed on a thumb drive. Use Horizon to go to the content of the save and get the .dat out. now change the .dat to a .ess. this is the file extension for the pc saves. now place it in the save folder for the the PC version. load up the save on the pc version and go to town with the command console. when you are done save, change the file extension back to .dat, reinject it into the save on the thumb drive, save rehash resign, and load it up on the xbox. all the stuff you changed will stay including if you change the scale on an NPC or something

Now what I am thinking is if we can change the scale of a character in a save and put it back on the xbox and have it stay. maybe we can change the graphics and add mods on the pc and get it back on the xbox with the mods. Say new iron armor or something along those lines

Hotty Squirrel

GENOCIDE JUNKIE!
its alot harder then that, what you explain is what the xbox can already do but putting mods is alot harder if you dont have a modded xbox. you cant have better graphics because microsoft have the games run at the highest point the xbox can run them, modding equipment would be cool but you need to find a way to turn your mod into a special file that microsoft uses. If you can find a way to do that then ill be impressed. If your able to Jtag a xbox then you basically unlock every information that the xbox holds and you can do whatever you want with it like re'edit the games to whatever you want, endless possibilities, even connect it to your computer and have it share your graphics cards, processors, and rams! i wish i could but its a risk and its too much money for me. or you can find a way to copy the xbox games using a mod chip for the xbox, find a program that can read every file on the game and re edit or put in new files what you want and then copy the iso either back on the disk or have a mod chip that can run the iso file on the xbox and play the game with all your modded stuff... Its more complicated then you know and you'll be lucky to find certain programs that can read every file on the xbox games, so good luck :D!!!!

bd452

I can actually think of one way this could be accomplished. You actually have the ability to save games onto your HD, at least with Xbox, I don't know about ps3. But the Xbox uses this save for everything except booting the game up. So, theoretically, you could mod THIS saved game file, and the Xbox would read the mods as if it was the vanilla game.

Hotty Squirrel

GENOCIDE JUNKIE!
thats what i was saying, but not on the hard drive of the xbox because i dont know how to hack into that yet but if you can mod the game then you'll be able to boot the game from the hard drive if you have all the stuff you need, if your xbox is modded to where it can read games off of dvd's then it'll make the games alot easier.

bd452

What I meant was that with the new dashboard, you can download games to your HD without Jtag or any console mods. You could then copy the game to a USB device, and use a program such as modio or Daemon tools to copy the files onto your computer, mod them, then put them back onto your USB, and then to your HD. Skyrim would then run the modded content.

Hotty Squirrel

GENOCIDE JUNKIE!
if your able to do it then go ahead, but its 1000x harder to hack into microsoft software and re edit their games in that way

Deadpool.

OG Forum member
WHY U NO MAKE MOD DLC FOR THE XBOX?!?!?!:mad:

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts