how did they put all of this skyrim thing into 6 GB ?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

mamali

really . i mean many games like Batman Arkham city or new call of duty games are 16 GB and only take 3 days to complete . but skyrim is a very big Land full of many interesting things with more than 200 quests and missions and all in 2 DVDs . i have many 4 DVD games with the same graphics as Skyrim but they only take 10 hours to complete . how did they make Skyrim ?

TechieGuy

I haven't played Arkham City, but I guess it all comes down to graphics and how the game is developed. Bethesda has been doing such games for many years, so with their experience they know how to jam a whole lot of game into a small size.

Yep. Arkham graphics are probably 6gb alone. Plus Arkham will be a lot of stealth & they want it to look pretty close up when you will be there for a little bit. They are also going for a different crowd that cares about different things. If that series continues & gers better, you will see more optimization.

DovahCap

The one cube to rule them all.
They obviously used a potion of strength.

Assassin99

really . i mean many games like Batman Arkham city or new call of duty games are 16 GB and only take 3 days to complete . but skyrim is a very big Land full of many interesting things with more than 200 quests and missions and all in 2 DVDs . i have many 4 DVD games with the same graphics as Skyrim but they only take 10 hours to complete . how did they make Skyrim ?
giga = 1 billion

Assassin99

in the metric system

Assassin99

yes but they still use the giga in america for bites on consuls and pc's

Dar'Neko

Qahnaarin
yes but they still use the giga in america for bites on consuls and pc's
What are you talking about??? The OP is asking how they fit a game as big as Skyrim onto 16gb when CoD uses the same amount and it's really small.

Assassin99

thats easy more stuff in skyrim

Assassin99

I'm not sure you understand the question.
i belive that there is more stuff in skyrim than there is cod i understand that

Dar'Neko

Qahnaarin
i belive that there is more stuff in skyrim than there is cod i understand that
Yeah but the question is how come Skyrim takes up the same memory space with so much more than Cod

Assassin99

well it's obvious that Bethesda did less rendering distance or created programs that compacted the amount of memory data on the screen at any one time.

Squirrel_killer-

The blade in the dark and the hand at your throat
Yeah but the question is how come Skyrim takes up the same memory space with so much more than Cod
Correction, he asked how Skyrim took up less space than CoD, yet still contain more. Please reread the OP.

mamali

I said Skyrim has much much much more game to play , but takes less space than CoD. skyrim is 2 DVDs but COD is 4 DVDs .
I think its because skyrim uses a diffrent format called ''.bsa '' witch i never saw it on any other game . looks like in this type , you can put more things in a very small place .
another thing that makes CoD take more place is multiplayer mod witch skyrim doesn't have it .

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts