• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

ShadowGambit

I wanted to download Dawnguard for PC, but as far as the report I see, there are a LOT of bugs going on on the PC version, at least with patch 1.7.7.0.6

Do you guys face a lot of problem with it in your game?

The Fatalist

Destroyer of goats
I think I have gone through at least 3/4 of Dawnguards content and not experienced a single bug. (that I noticed anyway).
So far the worst thing thats happened to me is that I got stuck for about 20 minutes because of a hidden switch I couldn't find.

Arcaen

well for me its so buggy i cant play it. first the Prophet quest bugged then found a workaround by using console commands and now Serana wont follow me anymore = me not beeing able to progress.

Nirl

Premium Member
Mixed results really. I have play both side's of of it and came across one bug a missing item and yet to find any others

Janus3003

Skyrim Marriage Counselor
Played through the Dawnguard side. Most I can think of as far as bugs go are a couple of crashes. That, and a fight that went on way too long because a skeleton fell in the water and I had a lot of difficulty finally killing him (I ended up just using the console on him).
Also had issues with an armored troll not following me properly.

Enemyinsurgent

I wanted to download Dawnguard for PC, but as far as the report I see, there are a LOT of bugs going on on the PC version, at least with patch 1.7.7.0.6

Do you guys face a lot of problem with it in your game?

I have noticed an animation loop glitch when entering the vampire castle, anyone have the same problem?

Chileno4Live

I also had the problem where Serana wouldn't follow me anymore. To fix this, simply attack her until she kneels to the ground. Talk to her again and she will respond and follow. Hope I helped!

On: aside from the glitch above, I have had no experience with glitches for Dawnguard on PC.

Verstuurd van mijn HTC One X

Arcaen

I solved the prophet quest freezing after the reading by using unrelenting force on the preist and Serana would follow me after that

On another note there where a coupple of quests that had a glitch or 2, that i had to workaround by using the /setstage command, if i remember correctly getting the soul carin portal up and getting the bark of the tree

Greedy_Bee

Nothing to major but about 3 crashes, some epileptic ligthing glitches (almost had a seizure), and a really annoying light entitie bug. other than that not much.

Pete

Save regularly. I had a few Crash-to-Desktops. I disabled mods that alter NPC behavior and started a new game. Mods that change my characters appearance seem ok.

DovahCap

The one cube to rule them all.
I only encountered one bug, and it was barely a bug - Serana wouldn't get close enough to a certain area to initiate a cutscene of sorts, and it was mod related.

Neriad13

Premium Member
It's fairly bugged for me, but I haven't yet found a single serious bug that I couldn't fix myself. Most of the time it's just NPCs spawning in the wrong area, a situation easily fixable with console commands. I haven't run into an impassable wall on any quests, though I haven't yet finished it. *crosses fingers*

Gborr

I ran into a bug that not only broke the Dawnguard questline but the entire game: ever since Serana re-joined my character at Fort Dawnguard, I cannot initiate conversation with any named NPC, including plot-critical ones. I can still talk to guards and operate objects, but i don't even get the button-prompt when I put the crosshair on an NPC with a name. Had anyone else run into this?

Skyrim started crashing constantly for me, either with the latest title update or with Dawnguard (I'm not sure which actually caused it). A lot of other people have reported this as well, so it's not my system, but Bethesda has apparently been doing nothing to fix it. I had 0 problems with crashing prior to this. Luckily, besides the crashing problems, I haven't experienced any of Dawnguard's numerous bugs.

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
I have noticed an animation loop glitch when entering the vampire castle, anyone have the same problem?

Is this when the NPC starts drinking? If so yes I'm getting that annoying animation loop.

but Bethesda has apparently been doing nothing to fix it. I had 0 problems with crashing prior to this. Luckily, besides the crashing problems, I haven't experienced any of Dawnguard's numerous bugs.

LOL Bethesda still hasn't yet put any offer in fixing the current glitches and bugs from the original game. I don't expect much from this company. After all theirs no law enforcing companies like this one from selling us broken software :sadface: perhaps we should all get together and create a petition going to make companies like Bethesda accountable for these bugs and glitches... maybe giving us discounts or the option of complete refund.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts