• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

ZombieTrash143

Hellish rock-and-roll Freak
I've read things about a Housecarl/Steward automatically appearing when you buy Lakeview manor and you have to interact with her to get her to watch your house.

I don't have this. I didn't think anything of it until a friend of mine told me that I should have one. I'm already thane of Falkreath so that can't be it. I don't know what's causing it whether my game is (YET AGAIN) glitched/bugged or if I'm not doing something right or if I need to talk to someone.

In saying that no dialogue about it comes up when I try and talk to anyone in the Jarl's 'Palace'

Anyone have any idea what's going on?

sticky runes

The only issue I've had with getting the housecarl in Lakeview, is I wasn't able activate enough quests for becoming thane. Eventually, the jarl's uncle gave me the quest to help him, and I was then able to officially become thane and recruit Rayya. She appeared in the jarl's palace to introduce herself before heading to Lakeview by herself. Are you sure she's not walking around and you just haven't met her yet?

Karen

boop.
Upon becoming thane, you're automatically assigned a housecarl (in all holds, not just Falkreath), but not a steward. With the addition of Hearthfire, you get a new character named Rayya, who is the designated housecarl of Falkreath. A housecarl is just someone like Lydia, who can be a follower, but they are not automatically a steward. If you want someone to take care of your home, buy you building materials and such, you need to ask them to be your steward. This works with almost all followers, so even if you cannot find Rayya anywhere, try asking a different follower to be your steward, because it doesn't have to be her.

ZombieTrash143

Upon becoming thane, you're automatically assigned a housecarl (in all holds, not just Falkreath), but not a steward. With the addition of Hearthfire, you get a new character named Rayya, who is the designated housecarl of Falkreath. A housecarl is just someone like Lydia, who can be a follower, but they are not automatically a steward. If you want someone to take care of your home, buy you building materials and such, you need to ask them to be your steward. This works with almost all followers, so even if you cannot find Rayya anywhere, try asking a different follower to be your steward, because it doesn't have to be her.

I know this, as I said earlier, I know I SHOULD have her, but I do not.

And no she's nowhere to be found. I tried getting someone else to do it but no dialogue comes up for it.

Karen

boop.
Ah, sorry I misunderstood the original post. Perhaps it is a glitch then, you seem to have done everything else right - once you purchase a homestead and built the basic small house, you should get the option to ask followers to be your steward.

ZombieTrash143

Ah, sorry I misunderstood the original post. Perhaps it is a glitch then, you seem to have done everything else right - once you purchase a homestead and built the basic small house, you should get the option to ask followers to be your steward.

No worries :) Just realised how snappy my last post sounded! Apologies! :)

I've researched it slightly and I can't really find anything! :sadface: Yet ANOTHER glitch/bug. I hate my game.

Karen

boop.
Haha, no offense taken. I know it's pretty frustrating sometimes - Skyrim's such an awesome game, but there's so many bugs that make it less enjoyable than it should be.

Tris

Hi,
Ummmm, for me Rayya didn't turn up until I built the main hall part of Lakeview Manor. When she arrived I'd already installed Faendal as my steward (I adore him and didn't want to leave him in Riverwood where dragons and vampires kept spawning. He kept getting killed.) When she arrived, wshich seemed to take a day or so, she didn't come to the house but just kept doing circuits of the land around the Manor. She could be pretty had to catch up with. Maybe she's there in the bush somewhere. She is an awesome follower, by far my favourite after Faendal. Good luck with finding her.

ZombieTrash143

I've furnished my whole house now and she's nowhere to be found :/

ZombieTrash143

Nope checked everywhere. Checked ALL around the house and even further away, all of Falkreath.... No housecarl :sadface:

sticky runes

Have you fought in the war? I don't know if replacing the jarl might give you a chance to become thane again and help reset it or something... Swapping the jarl seems to fix some bugs... Just a thought...

ZombieTrash143

Yep. Civil war questline done and dusted :sadface:

Mwhals

I won't make my housecarl a steward. I prefer two different people for more protection while gone. My housecarl is provided, but I made a mage my steward. This allows attacks from a distance with the close up defense of warrior housecarl.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
I won't make my housecarl a steward. I prefer two different people for more protection while gone. My housecarl is provided, but I made a mage my steward. This allows attacks from a distance with the close up defense of warrior housecarl.
My houses are never in that much danger. If worse comes to worse, my horse and cow do all the work (you should see them go after the wolves, bears and bandits!).

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts