• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Harc

Big Hog
Hey, I want to build a house for my Thalmor character when the time comes, don't want it to be too big, but I want it to be nice, I don't know what hold to build it in though. Amy suggestions? Where would a Thalmor feel most at home? I would think in seclusion away from the snow and barbaric stormcloaks. And what about the house itself? Please help me! Also, my Thalmor is NOT a high ranking Thalmor. He's only a Justiciar. So no he's not the grand Mage with a wonderful vacation mansion in solitude. Please helps me! Thanks

Wildroses

Well if you want to be away from the snow, you can rule out Heljarchen Hall in The Pale. My current character lives there and there is always snow on the ground, plus the Pale is allied with the Stormcloaks.

Hjaalmarch and Falkreath both ally themselves to the Imperials, so I don't think there is a lot of difference there. Winstad Manor is perhaps a bit closer to Solitude the Imperial centre of power (and hence Thalmor centre of power) and a large city but Lakeview Manor is near mountains cutting off the nearest Stormcloak allied hold and is in close walking distance of both Falkreath and Riverwood so I've never had trouble selling lots of stuff from there.

I suppose it depends on what sort of character your Thalmor is for picking Winstad Manor or Lakeview Manor. If you assume the Summerset Isles are a sunny warm climate (which I always have but have no Lore to back this up, Head Canon), then I'd say go for Lakeview Manor as it would be closer to the climate of the Summerset Isles than Winstad Manor. However, if your Thalmor is serious about alchemy or perhaps grew up eating lots of fish (Hey, they are islands, so surely they'd be lots of fish on the menu in the Altmer homeland, right? Head canon), then Winstad Manor might be a better bet for the fish hatchery.

For not making the place too grand, I'd consider just building a small house or a main hall and ignoring the wings and cellar. Small house will give you a bed, chest, cookpot, garden and smithing equipment if you build them outside. Building a main hall will get you these as well, plus an enchanting table and alchemy lab. What else do you really need?

Harc

Big Hog
I think I'd probably do winstad as well, I think I just want the main hall with the mages wing

Rimfaxe96

I'd say Windstad Manor as well. Especially because Lakeview Manor is only a few meters away from a Shrine of Talos with a dead Thalmor agent laying in front of it altogether with 4 dead worshippers and a bandit camp a few meters away from that. And some other stone circle that often gets visited by Apprentice Conjurers (at least in my game they do -.-) so keeping the area around your house clean is quite a bit of work. Windstad Manor is at least far away from anything but Solitude, even though you have to purchase it in Morthal. Heh.

the Summerset Isles are a sunny warm climate (which I always have but have no Lore to back this up, Head Canon)

Nurelion in Windhelm will speak of his homelands' "warm embrace" that he left to find out about the White Phial and stuff.
There's your lore. ;)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts