"hired thug" glitch bypass

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Farkass

Hey guys, not sure if this is well-known within the community or not, but thought I'd throw it out there anyways incase anyone else was having trouble with this quest. I was unable to finish Hired Thug because the NPC I was asked to intimidate was never at the quest marker (he probably died). This means I was also unable to proceed with the Companions questline, which irked me at the time but I eventually just gave up and carried on with the game.

I was messing around in Whiterun last night, killing guards and townsfolk. I killed the Talos preacher guy (can never remember his name) when I was prompted to "Talk to the Companion Leaders for work." I reloaded from another save since I had such a high bounty, and killed the preacher again. Was prompted the same thing. I talked to one of the leaders and was given a quest to retrieve [item] from [dungeon]. Once completed, I was able to proceed with the questline!

Note that "Hired Thug" still appears on my quest list, however at least I am able to finish the Companions Questline. So if this quest has bugged on your game as well, and you are unable to reload from an earlier save for whatever reason, try killing the preacher in Whiterun. Hope this helps someone!

Hart

Sassmaster
Are you on PC or console? PC you can just bypass it with a console code, and those are easy to find on uesp.net

Hart

Sassmaster
Then your kind of screwed unless you want to reload a previous save.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts