• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Travis25

Hey guys and girls haven't play skyrim in awhile just started playing again with my previous character but he is level 81 breton maxed out mage. I have another character thats a level 67 stealth archer dual wielding assassin. The only play stylr i dont like is heavy armour bullrush in fighting so in pretty stumped as to a new build so any input on a new character would be great thanks :)

Stalker

I always play as steathy. Stealth, magic, and melee are pretty much the only major options, then it's just a matter of mixing them together.

You could do a battle mage type, ranger, paladin

Dabiene Caristiana

Your friendly neighborhood weirdo
Hm... Honestly, I just go around on the internet looking for 'quizzes' on what 'class' I should play. Say for instance just just played... a barbarian and didn't want to do a barbarian again. I would take the quiz, and since I don't want to play a barbarian I would steer away from making those answers that fit a barbarian play style on the 'quiz'.

To be frank, it's what you're in the mood for. Sometimes if I have taken a ton of tests or personality quizzes or even looked at some past Elder Scrolls classes and just not finding anything, I would play another game for a day or two until it just hits me. One thing that helps out is play style.

Do you like head on fights?
Do you like to mess around and sneak behind pillars and snipe your foes out? (while laughing at their confusion)
Do you like staying out of close range and burning their faces off?
Or do you like a mix and match of these things?

Sometimes it's hard to pin-point what kind of play style (and a viable one at that) that you're in the mood for. There is no wrong way to play obviously. But there is a right way to play. For you. I can't be a 'running' and 'gunning' type of archer character since I kind of suck at aiming. So for me that narrows it down. Try thinking of what play style you are good at not just in Skyrim, but other games as well. That will help with the thinking process. ;) Otherwise, move onto another game until it hits you.

Hope this helped!

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
Try a light armoured Duel wielding Bound Swords character. I did that for a while and it was a whole lot of fun.
Why not start a character purely to do all the Daedric quests (if you don't already have the Oblivion Walker achievement)? Any type of character is fine for an Oblivion Walker.

The play style that got me the furthest was a sneaky archer who would use a sword in close combat. I upgraded archery, one handed, sneak, speech, lockpicking and light armour. But no pickpocket.

I only upgraded stamina and health steering clear of magic
After i maxed them out i moved on to magica, using a sword,again, and avoiding my least favourite type of magic. Being bloody rich at the time (from all the stuff before) i could by loads of spells so it was easy and fun...

Hope it helps !

Sent from my RM-892_eu_euro1_249 using Tapatalk

Too add once i did that i started to bull rush with heavy armour, 2 handed weapons, smithing etc. Because i liked the appearance of it and leveled me up alot.

I never used training because i thought it was kinda cheaty all although if i was to do it know i would but only towards the end of the skill.
Sent from my RM-892_eu_euro1_249 using Tapatalk

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
There's any number of great builds that the folks here can direct you to, but, why not try something completely different?

How's about an Argonian sell sword or a Nord sorceress or really get RP.

I've wanted to try an Argonian who lives in the sewers under Riften or under Golden Glow estate and sneaks out to reek havoc on a regular basis and becomes a legendary "Jack the Ripper" like character due to his murderous sprees.

Just a thought.

I've been taking an extended break since I played 50-60 hours a week straight for a year and a 1/2 but am thinking about getting back in to it.

Trekiros

Do you use mods ?

If you do, you could make new types of characters. There are a handful of mods that bring in new archetypes : werewolf (as in, you only ever fight in werewolf form), vampire, necromancer, stealth mage, pugilist, druid, etc...

Gigapact

Lollygagging Milk Drinker (according to guards)
Hey guys and girls haven't play skyrim in awhile just started playing again with my previous character but he is level 81 breton maxed out mage. I have another character thats a level 67 stealth archer dual wielding assassin. The only play stylr i dont like is heavy armour bullrush in fighting so in pretty stumped as to a new build so any input on a new character would be great thanks :)

Here's three builds I always found unique and fun:

1. Basically, you're an illusionist that also uses conjuration. YOU CANNOT physically kill any enemies yourself. You most solely rely on conjuration to do that for you. Illusion also comes in handy because you can calm your opponents, or make them kill each other. Something that is fun to do is this: Sneak into a room full of bandits. Hide in the corner. Cast Fury on one or two of them. Watch them all kill each other until one is left standing. Conjure up an atrnoatch or raise one of the dead bandits from the dead to finish off the last standing bandit. Very amusing. In my character, I made up a whole story for her and the reason why she couldn't physically kill anyone herself so it all made sense. Main skills: Illusion, conjuration, sneak, and either light armor or alteration for armor.

2. I made an alpha werewolf pretty much. I reached the top of the companions and joined Dawnguard side. I did the daedric quest from Hircine ASAP, and did the glitch so I acquired both his ring and Savior's Hide, both symbolizing my alpha status of course. I paired savior's hide with the most expensive jewelry and circlet I could find. I got the savior's hide to legendary status and completed the werewolf tree and made my werewolf form as powerful as I could, relying on it frequently for role playing purposes. As far as being out of werewolf form, I stuck to archery since that is used with hunting mainly, and hunting is a big time concept in the werewolf world. But you could fight however.

3. A vampire. A REAL vampire. As in, I role play my character and do not even let her go out in the sun, or else she will burn to ashes. I feed regularly. I do not go days and days without eating. I really stick to your typical vampire image. Her main skill is conjuration as she has a fascination with the dead, and she does indeed have the necromage perk.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows

2. I made an alpha werewolf pretty much. I reached the top of the companions and joined Dawnguard side. I did the daedric quest from Hircine ASAP, and did the glitch so I acquired both his ring and Savior's Hide, both symbolizing my alpha status of course. I paired savior's hide with the most expensive jewelry and circlet I could find. I got the savior's hide to legendary status and completed the werewolf tree and made my werewolf form as powerful as I could, relying on it frequently for role playing purposes. As far as being out of werewolf form, I stuck to archery since that is used with hunting mainly, and hunting is a big time concept in the werewolf world. But you could fight however.

I like this build and it is pretty much what I am doing for a character right now.

Lucid

Sword and board plus light armor and some archery.

That's one of my favourites

The play style that got me the furthest was a sneaky archer who would use a sword in close combat.

That's one of my favourites

Too add once i did that i started to bull rush with heavy armour, 2 handed weapons, smithing etc.

Another fave of mine

I made an alpha werewolf pretty much
Yet another awesome choice

Have you tried a Spellsword?
That's a favourite

Wow, I really love a lot of character types. I think I have a problem.

Lucid

The play style that got me the furthest was a sneaky archer who would use a sword in close combat. I upgraded archery, one handed, sneak, speech, lockpicking and light armour. But no pickpocket.

If you don't perk Pickpocket you never get to strip people naked. You miss out on sooooo much fun. The "Perfect Touch" is always one of my top goals when playing a sneak thief. I go "Emperor's New Clothes" on all the Courtiers and of course Ondolomar.

Morgan

My favorite super-non-standard playstyle is what I call the Arcane Warrior. This is a physical, melee warrior who uses a sword and shield, but wears no armor. He casts Ironflesh (or better) before each encounter. Mage Armor perk doubles the effect, and the Lord Stone adds yet armor and magic resistance. With a Breton PC and early completion of an easy quest, this means MR can be nearly maxed almost immediately. (Despite the use of magic, this character is not really a mage, so I don't think Atronach fits, hence the focus on MR. Alter as you prefer.) I often use bound sword for added effect, and also the easy path to enchanting. Enchanting can be crucial with this character, since smithing is largely ineffectual, and since found clothing generally has more magick and less physical enchantments on it.

Granted, melee is more of a challenge with this character, but not impossible, and figuring out how to win battles without armor really forces you to learn actual tactics, not just smash and bash.

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
I hear wooden swords and trousers are good

Bulldog

The most fun I had playing Skyrim (yes it's on the 360 so it can only be vanilla) was playing as a sneak archer, no one handed or two handed weapons. Biggest kicker to my build was he only wore clothes, or certain robes (like vampire robes). I actually liked it a lot, but mainly because I think the generic armors are lacking. If it wasn't for the Oculitus (sp?), and the red dawnguard (only color without sleeves I have found) I wouldn't like any of the armors.

JoeReese

The most fun I had playing Skyrim (yes it's on the 360 so it can only be vanilla) was playing as a sneak archer, no one handed or two handed weapons. Biggest kicker to my build was he only wore clothes, or certain robes (like vampire robes). I actually liked it a lot, but mainly because I think the generic armors are lacking. If it wasn't for the Oculitus (sp?), and the red dawnguard (only color without sleeves I have found) I wouldn't like any of the armors.
I tend to like the scaled armor, though I wish I had the 3d modeling skill to add some sleeves to it.

Bulldog

I don't like the bottom of the scaled armor.

I like these

Vampire Lord
penitus oculatus
Vampire robes
Thalmor Robes (just wish they weren't enchanted)
Danguard armor
Steel armor (without the shoulder pads)
Stormcloak Officer Armor
Nordic Carved armor (though depending on your character some just doesn't look right with that helmet)

If I do use armor I find myself using the guard armor more than anything. On my new character I am level 22 and am still running with the Imperial light armor I picked up in helgen.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts