• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Chillrend

Falkreath Land Owner
So I have been desperately looking for a good armor combination that has good stats, and looks cool most importantly. Any suggestions?

Preferably something that involving mage's robes and some heavy armor considering I am a BattleMage.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
I think ebony armour looks alright for a Battlemage because it has those bits of fabric hanging off it like part armour and robes.

DovahCap

The one cube to rule them all.
I think ebony armour looks alright for a Battlemage because it has those bits of fabric hanging off it like part armour and robes.

Yea. For my slightly evil Mage, I went Black Mage cloth robes (mod) with ebony gauntlets/boots.
I believe there's also an Ebony Battlemage armor mod.

EDIT - Warmage, not Battlemage. Steam Workshop :: Ebony Warmage Set

Chillrend

Falkreath Land Owner
Yea. For my slightly evil Mage, I went Black Mage cloth robes (mod) with ebony gauntlets/boots.
I believe there's also an Ebony Battlemage armor mod.

EDIT - Warmage, not Battlemage. Steam Workshop :: Ebony Warmage Set

Yeah I crafted some ebony boots and gauntlets to see how they would look but cannot find a good robe that matches well. I was thinking maybe just maybe the Master Robe from the Mage's Guild because I have not tried that yet and it is a pretty decent robe that I can make even better with some enchanting.

What do you guys think? (I don't have the PC version so no mods) :sadface:

Professor Skalvar

General of the Euphoric Gentleman's Club
Dawnguard Heavy Helmet + Ebony Gauntlets/Ebony Boots + Shrouded Robes = SUPER BADASS!!!

Chillrend

Falkreath Land Owner
Dawnguard Heavy Helmet + Ebony Gauntlets/Ebony Boots + Shrouded Robes = SUPER BADASS!!!

Aww that does sound pretty sick!
Too bad I already completed the Dark Brotherhood and failed to pick up the shoruded robe, any other suggestions?

Professor Skalvar

When you say completed the Dark Brotherhood, are you talking about killing them off or killing the Emperor?

Chillrend

Falkreath Land Owner

Professor Skalvar

Thank the Nine Divines! Simple, once you buy the Master Bedroom from Delvin Mallory, there should be a Shrouded Robe on the cupboard near the bed.

Chillrend

Falkreath Land Owner
Thank the Nine Divines! Simple, once you buy the Master Bedroom from Delvin Mallory, there should be a Shrouded Robe on the cupboard near the bed.

Aha! Thanks, I'll give this and a few other combinations a try! :)

Professor Skalvar

No problem man! By the way, that combination has an interesting glitch that specifically revolves around the Shrouded Robes. I don't know why it's coded like this, but it seems that it will benefit from the Well Fitted perk. This also applies for other pieces of the Shrouded Robe set when combined with other Heavy Armor pieces. I have yet to test it for the Custom Fit perk in the Light Armor skill tree.

Chillrend

Falkreath Land Owner
After many combinations that I have tried SO FAR (still more to come) my favorite is as follows:

-Apprentice Hood (Will rename it later after I get my enchanting up high enough)
-Master Robes
-Steel Nordic Gauntlets
-Steel Nordic Boots

Any other suggestions you guys have? I am about 75% sold on this combination and I want to wear this the rest of the game instead of constantly switching armor sets and combos.

Professor Skalvar

I like the look of the Archmage's Robes with the Wolf Gauntlets and Wolf Boots very much. I will have to try that combination you mentioned.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts