Open HELP Thalmor agent backstory lorewise

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Exarch

Hello,

I need help for my Thalmor agent backstory regarding main quest, doing it while remaining logical.
    In advance, sorry for my english since i'm french.
    Please read the backstory below to help me with 2 questions :

1) i would like to do the main quest. How can i turn my altmer from a thalmor agent, to a dragonborn who accepts his destiny and fight Alduin ? For Auri-el sake ? What is the relationship between Auri-el and Alduin ? Are Alduin plans a major threat for the Thalmor ? How to explain the mission and Killing at the embrassy, allying with a Blade for the greater Good ? Help me on thoses points in order to become dragonborn and the True champion of Auri-el !

2) for my character, vampires are an abomination, a corruption of the purity of his Blood. I ll join the dawnguard. But what about civil war ? I would like to join one or the other side. What explanation do you suggest ?

BACKSTORY :

"Exarch is a young noble from Alinor, first and only son of an influent member of the Thalmor council.
    He was a magic student aswell as training in the way of the Sword. He embrassed the ideal of the Thalmor revolution. He is an altmer with the religious views of his people. He is a suprematist but not an extremist.
    He dreamed about the Revenge to take upon mankind but he was disturbed by the persecutions of the Thalmor against the dissidents.
    His best friend was one of them and he had to execute him in order to prove to his father and the council he was trustworthy.
    Even he doesnt comment the Thalmor methods he told himself it was for the greater good. But nevertheless, the Killing of his best friend remains as a scar and something has been broken between himself and his father.

When the great war began it was finally the moment for him to prove his worth, the superiority of Mers over Mens, to prove his skill in magic and swordmanship.

For years he fought during the campaign of Cyrodiil, he proved his worth but finally became prisonners after the battle of the Red Mountain. He was sent back to Alinor after the treaty of White Gold Concordate. It was a shame and a disgrace to his father who sent him to Skyrim at Thalmor embrassy.

His anger and frustration against his father grew again while he thought that decision was an insult to his skill and value. Tensions quickly appeared with Elenwen who was the archetype of the zealous subordonate. Elenwen saw him as a soft noble, unable to bear doing the "dirty work" during Talos worshippers "interrogations".

Exarch always believed Talos cult was an heresy, an insult to Auri-el and an end to the goal of Mers : ascending to Heaven and fullfil the destiny of his people to strip from the mortal plan. But in his mind it can only be achieved by preparing the Second War with the Empire, not by chasing fooled farmer and mad priests. Skyrim people has been fooled by Talos, the warbringer, same as Mens were fooled by the treacherous Lorkhan.

Elenwen decided to discard Exarch by sending him alone on the field, under cover, as a mercenary, an Altmer from Cyrodiil. His mission is simple and boring : collect bounties from jarls in order to gain their trust, and collect Intel on their supposed secret allegeance to Talos.

But the return of dragons might decide otherwise..."

Lady Redpool the Unlifer

Pyro, Spirits Connoisseur, and Soulless Anarchist
    Alright, in order of your questions:
    1.) Alduin is intent on literally consuming the world. Stopping him is in EVERYONE'S best interest, even the Thalmor's. Given how he feels about Elenwyn and her zealots, I doubt he would have much trouble clashing with them the few times that he must to literally save the world and everyone in it.
    Note here: you can actually avoid most of the combat in the embassy. As an Altmer, you can basically stroll right through the embassy courtyard without being noticed so long as you're wearing a set of Hooded Thalmor Robes, and even the possibility of getting past the guard at the door to Elenwyn's Solar by passing an admittedly very difficult speech check. Once inside you have to sneak as the disguise won't work, and you still need to fight in the torture chamber to get the key and escape.

2.)The civil war is a more gray area. There's no obvious choice really, as they are trying to drag the war out to weaken both sides. If you are intent on completing it, you have to decide who you feel the lesser overall threat is and side with them.

Exarch

Thx for your help. Indeed, my character is a True thalmor supporter, he doesnt care about Mens being tortured or killed by Justiciars. He is just more interesting in great deeds for its cause. He prefers the glory of the battlefield, giving orders, not obeying to someone he considers inferior in skills.
    Sure it will clashes with Elenwen and your advices are very valuable for me about dealing with the embassy mission.
    Considering civil war i dont know yet. I ll see if i join one or the other side as black ops, but it should be done before the main quest i guess. Or maybe my character will just laugh at Mens spilling each others blood.

Im opened to any suggestion.

3) concerning Daedric Princes. Do you think a True Altmer from Summerset, supporter of thalmor, who worship Auri-el in deep faith, could for instance, run the Azura Star quest ? I m only talking about this specific quest. I dont see a thalmor accepting deals with Dagon or lets say Molag Bal.

Last edited:

Lady Redpool the Unlifer

Pyro, Spirits Connoisseur, and Soulless Anarchist
    I don't know much about the Altmer's religious views to be honest, though, I doubt they have a great relationship with the Daedra, Azura included.

However, the other side of this quest is that you can work AGAINST Azura and get the Black Star instead. A reusable black soul gem. This does not make you Azura's champion, and, honestly, it's a better reward(capturing Men's souls to power your enchanments? hell yea!)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts