hearthfire problems.

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Sqeagy

The Gentle Utensil
So, by now, people know most xbox players have had trouble with hearthfire, for me it's getting Lakeview Manor to get the achievement. Now people have said to complete radiant quests, and I've done most of them except Captain Aldis'. Is there any way to know what other quests are radiant?

skyrimguy16

I know that the quests that vex and delvin give for the theives guild are radiant, I know that the companions quests like "animal extermination" are radiant. Also maybe the dark brotherhood assassinations... but Im not sure about that. Im also having my own trouble with Hearthfire. It wont let me get a steward! So odd...

Saozig

Hippy
So, by now, people know most xbox players have had trouble with hearthfire, for me it's getting Lakeview Manor to get the achievement. Now people have said to complete radiant quests, and I've done most of them except Captain Aldis'. Is there any way to know what other quests are radiant?
OK, I had to hunt around to figure out what you are talking about.

Aldis' quest--to get a copy of The Mirror for him--is a "Rare Gifts" quest although it will not be called that in your quest journal (it's under misc quests, so yeah, a radiant one). Some users have reported that they cannot get the letter from Jarl Siddgeir in Falkreath when it is still open.

Try finishing that and seeing if that triggers the letter. And make sure you don't have any other "Rare gifts" quests open. None of them will be marked as a "Rare Gifts" quest but a list of them are here: Rare Gifts - The Elder Scrolls Wiki

If you have any quests in your misc list that "Kill bandit leader at so-and-so place" do that too.

if you close all of these misc quests, and don't get the letter, travel to Falkreath and then leave again. You shoudl get the letter after that.

Saozig

Hippy
I know that the quests that vex and delvin give for the theives guild are radiant, I know that the companions quests like "animal extermination" are radiant. Also maybe the dark brotherhood assassinations... but Im not sure about that. Im also having my own trouble with Hearthfire. It wont let me get a steward! So odd...

Are you bringing that person to the house? And who are you trying to hire? You have to bring someone--a follower who's also a candidate to be steward--to the house where you want them to be steward, and they'll go "A fine estate like this needs a steward, I'd be willing..." or whatever they say. You can then hire them or decline them, where they'll apologize for meddling in your affairs. Even if you decline them, the option to hire them as steward should continue to appear in their dialogue menu whenever you are at that house, unless you hired someone else.

Here's a list of potential stewards (although not upgraded yet to include ones from Dradgonborn DLC, although I only know of one, Talvas from Tel Mirthyn, so far): Steward (Hearthfire) - The Elder Scrolls Wiki

Sqeagy

The Gentle Utensil
I can't do Aldis. I supported Stormcloacks. Are any of these radiant, because most of them appear to be broken:
Locate East Empire Pendants
Gather 10 bear pelts
Disrupt the Skooma Operation
Collect Bounty from Brill (Brill is dead -_-
Bring Ancient falmer tome to Urag-gro Shub
Find Finn's lute
Bring a dragon scale and bone to esbern (already did this)
Speak to Greta about going to the temple of divines (Can't find her, I think she is dead)
Speak to Degaine.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts