Spoiler Have I lost the opportunity to get Miraak's mask/gear?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

bringyourown_cats

After he died and exploded (or whatever) I didn't notice his remains anywhere so I just went back to Solstheim and did some more questing..
Turns out his skeleton is supposed to be there (I watched my boyfriend defeat Miraak after I had done it) and available to loot.

I thought that reading "Waking Dreams" again would work, and that his skeleton would still be there, but I don't see it anywhere. Does it disappear after you leave or after a certain period of time? Or did I encounter some sort of glitch where his remains completely disappear? I hope that it's some sort of glitch that will be worked out in an upcoming patch.....or else I am very sad because my character has all of the other dragon priest masks (incl. the wooden one and the "last" mask of the vanilla game).

I'm wondering if anyone else has had this issue.

zane

It might very well be too late - well rather maybe glitched through the floor. Do you see his sword anywhere? It's a green slimy blade. If you find it on the ground you can use that to loot his entire gear as well.

If not, you might want to revert to a previous save.

RobbieJ

I have no previous saves because I am stupid.

I'll probably just cry myself to sleep every night for the next week.

I toggled noclip and looked under ground and found a skeleton type in on the console tcl and go down to find it (NOTE: you can only get the console on the PC version; (press ` next to button NO.1 to get console)) but i did this just after i killed him, because i too did not see his remains

AS88

Staff member
I toggled noclip and looked under ground and found a skeleton type in on the console tcl and go down to find it (NOTE: you can only get the console on the PC version; (press ` next to button NO.1 to get console)) but i did this just after i killed him, because i too did not see his remains

Based on the time of the OP, I'd assume it was on Xbox 360. Good help for PCers though. :)

And, welcome :)

Rhubarb&Custard

Yeah, this happened to me too. :sadface: I just cheated to get his gear..:oops: I wasn't going to pass up putting his mask and sword on display in my home!! That pl*ps is awesome, man!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts