• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    Probably. Excellent work Tommy. You are the first writer here besides Kir that I've seen write genuine horror that got to me. Alice and Anna have almost identical appearances and skills but Anna seemes quite a bit darker. Alice may aven see her as a dark reflection of herself.

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral
    As soon as we fill that last spot, the IC will be put up for everyone to jump on. I'm working on it off and on as we're discussing things, so it'll most likely be done just in time for the final decision, my good man.

Archer Drake

Parkour Enthusiast
    Ok, here is my CC. I will have the writing sample you requested up shortly. I apologize for the wait.
    ============================================

Black-Heart Character Card

QDuKuun.jpg

Name: Black-Heart

Birth name: Tends-The-Rivers

Race: Argonian Vampire

Height: 6 foot

Weight: 175 pounds

Sexuality: Straight

Laterality: Right-Handed

APPEARANCE

Scale Color: Light ash-gray, with a dark maroon band running from the base of his neck to the tip of his nose.

Eyes: Dark crimson red, look entirely black in low-light

Horns: Two short, straight black horns

Feathers: None

Claws: Short, black well-trimmed claws.

Build: Athletic and toned, but a bit on the small side.

Scars: Wicked, branching scar on his left chest plate from a chain-lightning spell.

Tattoos: Dark maroon cobra-style Argonian war-paint (Like the picture)

32132-1-1361506719.jpg

Piercings: None

Other: His chin and neck are both jet-black

APPAREL

Constant Wear: Silver-chain necklace with a polished black soul-gem.

Casual Wear: Adept mage robes and hood, with mage boots, and stolen Thalmor gloves.

Armor: Personal set of Dark Brotherhood armor with a baggy fit, a mage hood, and extra pockets.

QDuKuun.jpg

WEAPONS

Weapons: None carried

Other: Black-Heart uses conjuration to summon his weapons, but he can only summon a bound sword, and a bound bow.

PERSONALITY

Personality: Quiet, intelligent, and careful; Black-Heart is one of the few vampires that view themselves as inferior to mortal men. He is fully aware of the stigma against vampires, and his own newfound weaknesses. He prefers to practice his arts and be left alone to do so. While he is generally caring – at least for a vampire – he has little patience for others, and can be quick to snap at annoyances, especially when those annoyances hinder his own progress.

Socially, Black-Heart is a wall-flower. He prefers to keep to himself and draw as little attention as possible, after all, he doesn’t need a legion of guards running him out of the city for a simple misunderstanding. When faced with a problem in a city, Black-Heart is submissive and will do his best to calmly diffuse an encounter. However, this spineless tactic wears his patience thin, and can actually lead to more violence.

Beneath his quiet demeanor lies a person none who know him would see coming. Black-Heart is a fully-fledged assassin and active member of the Dark Brotherhood. While he has never had many inhibitions about taking a life, he never planned – or had any desire – to join the Dark Brotherhood. Unfortunately, he struggles to find other employment and would be without a septim to his name otherwise. To further his involvement with the group, Black-Heart’s skills are closely aligned with those of an assassin, and his bound weapons make escapes easier. After all, guards do not think to check those not carrying a weapon after an assassination.

Habits: Clicking his tongue in thought, talking quietly to himself, and looking over his shoulder.

Likes: A good enchantment, learning new spells, good food, and above all: Power.

Dislikes: Feeding on blood. He finds the practice revolting and finds it no different than cannibalism. Black-Heart also despises Deadra – especially Molag-Bal and Namira – and hindrances.

MISCELLANIOUS

Affiliations: Dark Brotherhood

Afflictions: Vampirism

Properties: None

Job: Assassin

Skills:

Expert:
    - Enchanting

Adept:
    - Sneaking
    - Illusion

Apprentice:
    - Archery
    - One-handed

Novice:
    - Conjuration

Other: Conjuration is ranked low because Black-Heart can only use it to summon a bound sword and a bound bow; nothing else.

HISTORY/BACKSTORY

Tends-The-Rivers was born to a small argonian family in Riften, where he lived simply until his tenth summer. It was at this time his family decided to travel to Winterhold, so their son could learn the magic he so keenly took after. Tragedy struck early into the trip, and the group was set upon by a vampire. The ill-equipped family was able to defeat the vampire after a long and pinched struggle, but Rivers’ mother lay dead as the smoke cleared. The loss struck Tends-The-Rivers heavily, and he developed a deep hatred for vampires and their kin, vowing to one day join the Dawnguard and eradicate their kind.

The young argonian’s years at the College passed quickly, and without much excitement. During his last days at the College, Tends-The-Rivers was exploring an ancient Nordic crypt when he accidentally awoke another vampire. The struggle was short, as the vampire was slow to wake, but Rivers caught the cursed infection of vampirism. Days passed, with Rivers completely unaware of the dark powers growing within his body. Before he realized his dire situation, the infection took hold, and Rivers was a vampire.

He spent the next few days running about Skyrim in search of help, but none would listen to his pleas. Including the esteemed Falion of Morthal, who refused to help the now blood-starved vampire. Rivers attempted to cure himself, gathering ten filled black soul gems. After nearly a week of failed attempts, Tends-The-Rivers fell to despair, reading through tomes and tomes of vampires for any obscure ways of curing himself. It was in these tomes, he discovered the raw untapped power that now sat idle in his body. At first, Rivers was blind to the power, and attempted to storm a bandit camp. He claimed three lives before the sheer number of bandits chased him away.

Shortly thereafter, Tends-The-Rivers was contacted by the Dark Brotherhood. They offered him acceptance, shelter, and pay; none of which he could ever hope to gain as a lone vampire. After much debate, and finally coming to grips with his power, Rivers relented, joining the Brotherhood as the aptly named Black-Heart.

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral
    Fantastic cc, my friend. I'll wait for your sample, and we will convene to find our last member. So excited.

Archer Drake

Parkour Enthusiast
    Thank you for your patience everyone. Here is my writing sample. Again, I apologize for the wait.
    ============================================

Shadows danced along the weathered cobblestone streets of Windhelm, their wicked tongues grasping at every inch of the city, impeded by the lone candle perched atop the simple hearth of Windhelm’s only inn. Each time the meek flame waved in the breeze, fingers of shadow rushed forth to reclaim the darkness the flame perpetually interrupted.

A lone Argonian sat just behind the flame, elbows propping up his slumped form, and his hands holding up his tired head. Bits of frost played at his swept back hood, giving it a shiny finish in the dull light. The creature sat calmly staring at the old flame, his scales the same color as the cold ash of the burnt-out hearth. He almost laughed at how symbolic the entire situation was. The flame represented his soul, a constantly burning flame that remained despite the world’s perpetual movement around it. A point fixed in the infinite seas. His scales represented his fallen body. As ash marked the death of flame, they marked the death of his cold body. Just as wood became ash when burned, his body had succumbed to vampirism when exposed to the raw power of Molag-Bal. Just as the flame would burn forever, his body would walk forever, bound to the lands of Tamriel. Cursed with undeath. Or gifted with eternal life. However one looked at it, the symbolism remained. Even the crimson details of his scales represented the blood spilled throughout his life.

The Argonian roused himself, shaking off the dull thoughts. The inn was dark, it’s denizens quietly resting in the beds that constantly smelled of ale. The Nords constantly drank, and everything they touched smelled similarly. It was as if they sweat ale, the smell was so strong one could almost ignite the fumes. If he was mortal, odds are he would be drunk by now. Ah, another way the curse acted. The Argonian was thankful for that, at the very least, heading into combat piss-drunk stupid was the fastest way into the grave. He chuckled, that never stopped the locals from trying.

The dark colored Argonian quietly strode out of the inn and out into the crisp wintry air Windhelm was famous for, the thin layers of snow coating the weathered cobblestone protesting his presence. From where he stood, the Argonian could faintly feel the waves of warmth from the massive brazier that welcomed everyone into the city. That is, until the icy wind snuffed the warmth away. The Argonian idly wondered at the significance of the brazier’s position as he walked through the vacant streets of Windhelm. Just as he suspected, the guards kept away from the center of the city. The thin coating of snow sat untouched, a thin layer of ice beginning to settle across the uneven streets.

The Argonian drew a breath and bounded up the side of a weathered wooden house, the dusty windows clearly showing the cold house’s vacancy. Bits of snow clung to the pitted wooden flank of the house as the Argonian scrambled for purchase, his hands slipping on the snow-covered crevices as he hauled himself up the wall. He finally pulled onto the steeply slanted scaled roof of the home, keeping to his belly as he rose to the peak of the house. He slowly got his feet underneath him and slowly worked along the ridge of the house, crawling along on all fours. Snow clung to the Argonian’s belly as he moved along the jagged skyline of the city.

He paused at the top of a toothed wall overlooking the city’s ramshackle harbor, observing the half-frozen barnacle encrusted ships moored to the ice-covered fingers of the pier. It was a truly picturesque sight, the way long strands of blue-gray ice hung from Windhelm’s bridge like a crystalline chandelier. The ice even reflected the bits of sea-green and azure blue dancing high above the city. The Argonian slowly brushed the snow off of his hands, careful not to disturb the coating of snow that-- suddenly the Argonian was plummeting off the wall, his heft having disturbed the finicky layer of snow on the old wall. He twisted around and caught the ridge of one of the wall’s teeth with one hand, his excited breaths rising in plumes from his mouth. He hung in terror as a guard with a slight belly ambled along the streets. As the man rounded the corner, slipping a bit on the ice, the Argonian braced his feet against the bumpy old stone wall, and gripped the slanted tooth with both hands.

He slowly climbed sideways along the uneven wall, sending fist-sized chunks of loosely packed snow plummeting to the ground. The Argonian reached the oddly arranged triad of jagged walls high above the harbor, hauling himself onto the wide point where all three walls met. His arms were already cramping from the cold. The Argonian spotted his target, a ill-groomed Imperial man pounding away at the crow’s nest of a small ship. The Argonian raised his snow-covered hand and focused his energy, watching as an undulating orb of purple and black appeared in his hand. He released the orb and watched as the air ahead of him split open in a torrent of silvery-purple energy, widening as the constantly-moving black abyss of oblivion came into view. The Argonian calmly stuck his hand into the void, gripping the cool handle of a longbow wreathed in azure fire. As the bow exited the void, the weight of a quiver of arrows came down upon the Argonian’s back. He reached back, gripping the prickly shaft of a ghostly arrow. While he could easily feel where the shaft was, and where it ended, his eyes did not agree, it was as if he was looking at the arrow under the calm rush of a stream.

The Argonian shook the thought from his head and fastened the arrow to the ghostly bow, pulling the string taught, and drawing another icy breath. The Argonian steadied the bow and exhaled letting the arrow fly. The man looked away from his work just as the arrow buried itself in the pit of the man’s neck. His arms swung backwards as blood sprayed from the wound. The man’s eyes widened in shock as he coughed for his last breath, staggering around the crow’s nest. Suddenly, the man’s body went limp, and he collapsed to the deck of the crow’s nest. The Argonian quickly let go of the flaming bow, watching as it vanished with a chilling hiss. The arrow had also disappeared, and now blood poured from the wound like a tapped tree, landing in broken puddles far below on the deck of the ship. Black-Heart turned away from the scene and hopped off the wall, landing on the slanted roof of another home. He slid along the scaled surface, creating a miniature avalanche as he did so, before lightly landing on the ground with a roll. Black-Heart got to his feet and did his best to brush off the snow that so eagerly clung to his clothes as he quickly strode out of the city proper. He made it to the city gates before breaking off in a run, the snow kicking up behind him as he ran through the blustering air. Now that his duties in Windhelm were finished, Black-Heart made for the center of innumerable rumors: the now-walled city of Rorikstead. Hopefully, he wouldn’t befall the same fate as Ragnar the Red.

Archer Drake

Parkour Enthusiast
    I got a little rushed at the end, so there are a few details that didn't make it in. Sorry about that.

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral
    Thank you for the sample, Archer. And no worries, the post in itself was fantastic, a hiccup at the end is no biggie. :) Just a few more minutes and I should have the last spot declared! Get ready!

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral
    Okay, @Viarco Strong-Head , @TommyTequila and @Archer Drake . We have come to a decision, based on a few deciding factors. After we examined everything you've given us, and taken a look at the roster we carry currently, we decided that Viarco Strong-Head should be the one we fill the last spot with. So Viarco, welcome to Hotsk 2.0.

That being said, I appreciate all the work you, Archer and Tommy, put into your characters, and thank you again for putting forth a tailored sample for us in this rp. You're work is excellent, and I hope to get to work with both of you more as time goes on. You've proven to be exceptional writers, and I can't wait to see what more we all will get into in time. :)

That being said, Viarco, I do believe you have yet to pick a dialogue color for your character, and Daryl I don't remember if Elizabeth has a color either. So if you would take one that hasn't already been chosen, I'll add you to the cast list, and we can get this damned thing started!

(This link will show you who has what color already: http://skyrimforum.com/sf/entries/h...-redux-character-card-reference-sheet.125381/)

Last edited:

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    It won't let me use the link.

I'll write a bunch of colours, in order I want them, and tell me which is the first free.

Light blue, red, pink, yellow, ... Idk haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral
    My apologies. Maybe this would make things easier.

I apologize for the brief lapse of laziness. :p

CapObvious : Dolmas Hlerayn/ Daxos Loran
    Simus : Alice Psyrakon / Titus Psyrakon / Cilla Psyrakon
    EpicVakarian: Ella Fisher
    Daryl Dixon: Bryce Montarello
    Hlíf 'Ulfr: Cosset Beaulieu / Brynn Ráðúlfr

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral
    I'm going to start up the IC here in a few minutes. I'm going to post two to three times to set things up, before I want anyone else to post, if you wouldn't mind. I want to keep things split up so it won't end up being too wordy of a read.

Archer Drake

Parkour Enthusiast
    I see. Thank you for your consideration everyone.

EpicVakarian

Calibration-Master General
    It should also be said, I think the two of you are on the reserve list? So, if one of us drops out or mysteriously vanishes, you'll take our place. You two are both fantastic writers; I think our choice only came down to the character, with Viarco's being much different to the rest of our characters.

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral
    That is indeed true as well, should you all wish to join at that time, we'd happily have you join us.

Archer Drake

Parkour Enthusiast
    I appreciate all the kind words, and the patience that was extended to me.

I hope all of you have a good day.

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts