• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    I don't see why they couldn't know each other. Alice also spent some time there between wars practicing her illusion magic. we could have a class reunion!

That would be interesting. Especially since Cilla has a bit of a temper and completely lacks her sister's patience and dedication when it comes to study. Cilla's really, really good at fire magic though so it was something she never really had to work at and was a release from classes and books.

EpicVakarian

Calibration-Master General
    I just saw the timeline Cap added, hadn't noticed it before, so I can actually give accurate timings on at least Ella and Cilla.

Current year is 5E 5.
    Cilla was at the College of Winterhold from 4E 204 - 5E 3.
    Ella was there from 4E 196 to 5E 4.

Also, while I'm in the timeline mood; rough years of birth per confirmed character.
    Daxos Loran (CapObvious) - 4E 186
    Ella Fisher (EpicVakarian) - 4E 191
    Alice/Titus Psyrakon (Simus) - 4E 185
    Cilla Psyrakon (Simus) - 4E 193
    Bryce Montarello (Daryl Dixon) - 4E 192
    Elizabeth (Daryl Dixon) - 4E 194
    Cosset Beaulieu (Hlif'Ulfr) - 4E 190

That's quite an interesting spread of years. We're mostly between 4E 190 - 194, with Daxos, Alice and Titus being the oldest in the group so far. And one of my favourite things about knowing the birth years - most of our characters are old enough to remember the Dragon War, and by extension the Second Great War.

Sorry for getting so nerdy with it :p

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    Plus Alice is no longer the nervous nobblet she was in other RP's but a hardened war veteran and a great strategist when she's not running after her sister teying to stop her from setting things on fire. While her brother encourages her to set things on fire!

EpicVakarian

That could result in Alice and Ella being fairly close too. If Alice is one of the better strategists in the group, she could come up with a plan on the spot, tell it to Ella, who could then instantaneously spread it to the rest of the group in the midst of battle.

EpicVakarian

http%3A%2F%2Fmashable.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2013%2F07%2FFriends1.gif

EpicVakarian

I feel like I've seen Brynn in an RP before...

And I've definitely seen that post before :p

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
    Staff member
    *Channels his inner Gray Fox* Capital, Simus! I'm excited to see them! I wish you well on those personal projects of yours as well.

Sorry for complicating things, Daryl. If you need me to help you with anything to make getting the cc together easier on you, let me know. I will do whatever I can to help.

I think that's everyone accounted for aside from @Gidian the Diva , who I believe hasn't been on today. I'm still unsure on him, as I don't think he gave me a straight answer on whether he was joining or not. Once we get his answer, (and possibly a cc) I think we'll be ready for me to get the ball rolling! So amped!
    Sorry I didn't respond sooner. It would be best for me just to take a background/sideground and support role with this RP, as I'm not sure I have enough interest to join it as a mainstay character. However I am willing to take the part of an occasional NPC or something like that if need be. Also I'd rather not keep any of the new RPers from getting a spot.

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral
    Of course, Gidian. That would be awesome. I would also like to come to you to bounce ideas off of for this, as you've become one of the best people to challenge me to think more critically about things that I write. IF that is okay, of course.

We can discuss how that side role will play out in PM, if you like, when you have the time.

With that said, I will decide on ONE of the new entrants, and have them take the last place in our line up. I am afraid to add many more, since we have quite a few doubling up characters. One more person, with one more character, will suffice. I'm going to look up some of their writing and see which one will fit this rp best. Or should I have them write samples? Thoughts?

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
    Staff member
    Of course, Gidian. That would be awesome. I would also like to come to you to bounce ideas off of for this, as you've become one of the best people to challenge me to think more critically about things that I write. IF that is okay, of course.

We can discuss how that side role will play out in PM, if you like, when you have the time.

With that said, I will decide on ONE of the new entrants, and have them take the last place in our line up. I am afraid to add many more, since we have quite a few doubling up characters. One more person, with one more character, will suffice. I'm going to look up some of their writing and see which one will fit this rp best. Or should I have them write samples? Thoughts?
    I'm definitely up for that, and a PM should suffice. Can even reuse one of the ones we use for TCG if you want to be lazy :p

And I am a fan of getting samples from writers I don't have experience with simply because if they write very well, chance are their character will also be amazing even with the most basic of CCs.

Hlíf 'Ulfr

Nothing but a lyre
    Staff member

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral
    I've read what they have in Journeys. I see that the post length may be a small issue, but that can be improved on over time. I do still think a sample is in order. I'm not sure what's there is enough for me.

I will definitely pm you soon about those details. Intrigued from what may come.

And lazy could work, Gidian! When has laziness EVER failed us in TCG?

Possibly that its why were still in the first fight scene after two years...Shots fired. :p

With that said, @Viarco Strong-Head, @TommyTequila and @Archer Drake. If you all are still interested, we have one more spot open for this rp, and I'd like you all to have a chance to get in on this. If you would be so kind, I would like to see a writing sample from Viarco, a character and sample from Tommy, and the same from Archer. I'll give you some time to get those up here, and I will poll the cast to see who they think will be the best fit. For the samples, I would appreciate it if you wrote something specifically for this thread. Nothing you've already written, if possible. I would also like them to be a good length. This group here writes in a LOT of detail, and makes damn good effort in their writing. I would like to make this a uniform thing for this rp. However, I am not a fool. You guys are mostly new here, so I won't expect the Art of War from either of you. (But if you can...)

But in all seriousness, I want to be sure you're all willing to put in the effort to make a quality post.

Do that for me, and I would be deeply grateful.

Now...because I can't help myself...

**INSERT OBLIGATORY HUNGER GAMES REFERENCE ABOUT ODDS AND FAVORS**

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral
    I have Dolmas' character card ready as well, and I'm excited for him. He's going to be even nuttier than before.

Without further ado, Here's Joh-I mean, Dolmas.

1452345525723.jpg

DOLMAS HLERAYN
    AGE UNKNOWN MALE DUNMER
    ALCHEMIST/ROGUE/PSYCHOPATH
    THE SERPENT SIGN

PERSONAL DETAILS:

Alias: Dolmas the Mad, Valen

Sexuality: Heterosexual

Laterality: Right Handed

Marital status: Single

Occupation: Dolmas is a rogue, alchemist, and advisor, under the banner of the Radiant Dawn, a mercenary group led by Maere Soul-Singer.

Residence: He resides wherever he is at that exact moment. Where he goes, home follows.

Affiliations: Answers only to his Commander, Maere Soul-Singer and his friend Daxos Loran. He has no other allegiances.

Religion: Does not practice religion, but will aid any god, daedra or divine, if they are making an effort to protect or help his fellow mortals. Has a distinct hatred for the god of madness.

Affliction/Disease/Ailments: Multiple Personality Disorder, brought upon him when he was a child. He controls it with a alchemical mixture he created, which can be ingested by drinking straight from a bottle or by crushing the ingredients and smoking it with a pipe. but the ingredients and such to make it are valuable and of the rarer variety, so he is always feeling out among different traders for what he needs. The results of him not getting this serum are...catastrophic.

PHYSIOLOGY:

"He was unusual, not that any of us would quite pass for normal, but even amongst us he was exceedingly so. One only had to look at him to understand why only the bold and the brazen accompanied him, and why others felt uneasy to have his name in their ears. His calm and decisive suggestions were whispers in a tempest of oddities. He appeared young enough, sprightly even but there was something aged about the way he spoke. It surprised me that someone could move so smoothly under the weight that he held on his shoulders, from what I could only imagine but time and suffering certainly played a part. Still he balanced tentatively on the edge, of a decision, of movement, of something I could never quite understand. Somehow, he maintained control, over his lean frame and measured actions.

But they betrayed him, his eyes, which were so much more than vermilion. They were unnerving, the point through which his abnormality leaked into the world. Always preoccupied they sparkled daringly within a dark, gaunt face. His sharp jaw tightening, a sign, after which I always held my breath in anticipation for those erratic movements and savage laughter. Almost hungry in nature, his gaze was crisp against his otherwise disheveled appearance. It did not help that hair tumbled wildly down over his forehead, and that each side of his head was shorn with an unsteady hand. It often left him with a shallow cut, on one side or the other, that would scab and heal until the hair was cut again and a new one would take its place. In a strange way it matched the notch in his ear and the multitude of scars that ran over his body, though the latter appeared intentional. Also, I should mention, significantly more numerous. It makes me sick, to think of the pain that those intricate and numerous wounds must have caused. I often wondered, when I permitted myself to linger, if he were trying to dig out some lingering evil that lived inside him. I suspect it to be been lodged somewhere beneath the burns, or lesions that discolored his ashy skin, over which his fingers slid compulsively when he thought no one was watching. He did not need that warpaint, which he meticulously applied down the bridge of his nose and in a thin line on his chin. It was clear enough without it that he was at war, and besides, it tended to flake where he applied it over that ridiculous scruffy stubble."

Thanks to Hlif'Ulfr for both the picture and wonderful description

PERSONALITY:

Ever the thinker, Dolmas is in his head most if not all of the time. In more ways than one. He is always thinking and planning out the situations in his mind as they pan out, coming up with different solutions to problems they could possibly have on the next morndas after breakfast if the sun comes up slightly lower than it did yesterday, before the forgetful magister remembers to brew his tea, but after the gates in the Cyrodilic arena drop for the fight. Confused? Good. So is everyone else that tries to understand him if they do not know him. When he is around others, however, he is able to put on a facade so intricate that one would believe he is genuine, and absolutely sane.

How wrong that person would be.

He is a caring person, however, and that always shines through no matter which persona he puts on. He always is watchful of those who are around him, and ready to defend them using whatever means he has at his disposal. Despite this, he is a critical thinker. If a sacrifice must be made to get something done, he will do it, quick and efficiently, even though he will be a depressed mess later on in his tent or room.

Positive Traits: Thoughtful, Compassionate, Able to make hard decisions quickly, Intelligent, has a wisdom that is hard to explain, and can make sound decisions in a pinch.

Negative Traits: Regretful, Distant, Calculating, Paranoid, Over-protective, once overwhelmed, can become very VERY rude. Whether or not it's him or Valen would be up for you to guess.

Crafting different alchemical solutions, as well as experimenting with different concoctions to make something new. Meditation, but also likes to train at times to keep himself occupied and on top of his game.

And above all else?

Some godsdamned peace and quiet.

Dislikes:

Valen, Confusion, Being overwhelmed, being outwitted or outmatched.

Alignment:

Chaotic Good

COMBAT STATS/ DETAILS:

Saw the Tempest class in Dragon age and absolutely HAD to adapt it to Elder Scrolls in some form or fashion. And with Daxos’ already unsteady demeanor, who else could possibly make this work?

Dolmas is a rogue that likes to pick flowers. And make pretty colored potions in glass vials. That he smashes. All over himself. Yes, you read that right. No, it wasn’t a mistype. He creates unique chemical reagents and concoctions that have absolutely incredible effects, at the cost of a bit of a mess. Dolmas has no inherent magical ability, despite his race’s profound skill in it. However, in using these vials, he can create a stronger effect, at the cost of it being slightly unstable, as there is no way to control it once it is activated. He takes the vial and shatters it on a steel plate located on the chest of his armor, that causes the chemical to cover him, and imbue him with the effect. The exact effects this technique allows vary, but I won’t explain how I adapted them.

You’ll see soon enough.

Class: Alchemist / Rogue

Major Skills:
    Alchemy

One-Handed (Dual Wield)

Light Armor

Minor Skills:

Speech

Acrobatics

(If only Valin and Majir-Dar could see him climb now. They’d probably still laugh at him.)

GEAR:

Weapons: He carries two swords that were created solely for him, which can be connected together via a pole, effectively turning the swords into a double headed spear/javelin. He can adjust the weapon at any point, depending on the situation. He has had many years to work with the weapon, and can even transform it mid-combat. Which can lead to lethal results. The blades are made of different materials, one of a black metal, decorated with golden filigree and one of carved bone, specifically from a mammoth’s tusk. Pause for the reference, then continue. He prefers to carry them as blades, and will often do so in combat. He also carries a set of ebony throwing knives, which he keeps at the waist of his jacket for easy reach.

Armor:

MeKweWFv9cwf0AlOmEQALYGfBTA1ZRneGLHbv515lZmGHrRpeRgbR2corVuUGDCYBDjrCPAe2sQ7DHOwS3rkfF_5z5LIGazhw-WmAKFKm3VUxjT44OSaXSxjpFa-jrDXbVaEYJiU

For a visual reference, the best armor I could think of that described the armor I wanted. It is a black leather armor set, sleeved, padded at the legs and forearms, with a hide cloak at his back. The neck of the cloak is loose, doubling as a scarf and a face covering should the need for it arise.

History: Will be revealed as this runs its course.

Last edited:

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral
    Just to make sure I'm on the right train of thought before I crank something out, we're writing a situation specifically connecting to the plot of the story, yes?

It certainly can be, but it doesn't have to be. I won't stifle your creativity with forcing a scenario on you. It could be anything you want, as long as it pertains to Elder Scrolls and it's lore. It's all up to you.

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral
    Damnation, I missed so much in the ooc. Curse the alert system.

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    No I would not sleep in this bed of lies, so toss me out and turn in. And there'll be no rest for these tired eyes...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts