• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral
    Absolutely, glad to see we peaked your interest! I'll definitely keep you in mind should something open up. You and Viarco both.

Hlíf 'Ulfr

Nothing but a lyre
    Staff member
    How exciting! Well, I will refrain posting my full CC until it is finished, however, I'm not sure if I want to add the history right away so I may scrap that all together and just post it later.... anywho. Please take a look at what I have so far as it is mostly finished.

http://skyrimforum.com/sf/entries/cosset-beaulieu-under-construction.125351/unread

Thanks again

P.S. I may double up later on in the RP if that suits you.

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral
    Awesome, welcome to the ooc!

I almost always post my histories later on, and flesh them out through the story as time goes on. Seems more fluid that way, but that's just me. One of my characters will definitely need his history displayed, as he's been through a lot. Haha.

And absolutely. I have no problem with you doubling up later on. I think we should be careful with too many people doubling up, as it can get unruly with so many characters to account for, however. We will see as the rp goes on how the party make up looks, and we'll adjust and possibly add accordingly.

But I'm rambling. Is the blue you used in the cc the color you'd like for dialogue, or would you prefer something else?

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral
    Haha. No worries, you weren't the first to forget that step...*Cough* EPIC *Cough*.

And I understand completely. It's so easy to get everything all mapped out up there but when it comes to getting it on the page...it's a whole new beast to slay.

In other news, How are things going on your end, @Simus ? You've been awful quiet, sir.

and of course I managed to get the shade of blue wrong. Damn. Being color-blind is the absolute worst folks, I'm telling you.

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    Doing okay Cap. Today was a day off for me and I needed to start a few life projects. I'm off tomorrow so I can get my CC's up (And read what's here!)

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    I've got my CC but it's heaps low quality. Like, I had to change a lot of things and it doesn't look that well.

The character itself will be fun to play out and be all good, but it doesn't look good on paper. Because originally all these people died at Helgen, but because it was so long ago I had to change it. So now it's like throughout his whole life people have been dropping like flies and it seems off.

BUT

I'm trying to rewrite.

I'll consider my first RP post the CC, because the CC is plops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral
    *Channels his inner Gray Fox* Capital, Simus! I'm excited to see them! I wish you well on those personal projects of yours as well.

Sorry for complicating things, Daryl. If you need me to help you with anything to make getting the cc together easier on you, let me know. I will do whatever I can to help.

I think that's everyone accounted for aside from @Gidian the Diva , who I believe hasn't been on today. I'm still unsure on him, as I don't think he gave me a straight answer on whether he was joining or not. Once we get his answer, (and possibly a cc) I think we'll be ready for me to get the ball rolling! So amped!

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral
    After taking more time to look at Daxos' card, as well as his charcter as a whole, I have decided to edit a bit here and there before reposting it again. I was too hasty in posting it, and I want to make some corrections that I may have missed based on my exhaustion and haste. I will however have Dolmas' updated card here in it's place in a short time, along with Daxos' corrected card.

Just got to dust the cobwebs a bit first :p

Archer Drake

Parkour Enthusiast
    Greetings! Is there a chance you are searching for more characters, because I would gladly join.

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral
    Hey there, Archer. You're interest in the story is appreciated, but I'm afraid we have the cast filled up right this minute, minus waiting for one more person to claim or deny his place, based on his response I may come looking for one or two more people. I will contact you when the head count is complete. Is that okay with you, Mr. Drake?

Archer Drake

Parkour Enthusiast
    Of course, thank you for your time.

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    After taking more time to look at Daxos' card, as well as his charcter as a whole, I have decided to edit a bit here and there before reposting it again. I was too hasty in posting it, and I want to make some corrections that I may have missed based on my exhaustion and haste. I will however have Dolmas' updated card here in it's place in a short time, along with Daxos' corrected card.

Just got to dust the cobwebs a bit first :p

I havn't read your card yet cap but wpuld this happen to be Daxos of Meletis from Theros block?!

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral
    Nice find, Simus. Haha Yes, that is indeed where the name came from, but that's the only thing I took from it. There's no other connection to that card. :p

EpicVakarian

Calibration-Master General
    I only just got the alerts for the entire day...

Loving your CC so far, Hlif; aside from anything else, ridiculously well-written!

This RP seems to be attracting a LOT of attention, and all of the people who've asked so far seem to be good writers, so we at least have plenty of backup :p

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral
    I dig how cordial and friendly every one is in this group, as well as the candidates who are waiting in the wings. I can definitely tell this is going to go well.

And I have no problem with you setting something up for our cards, I think that would be super helpful.

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral
    Okay, I've buffed up and changed around Daxos' card again, and I feel much better about this iteration than the previous one. A few new skills, a more focused fighting style, the works. I'll post it here now, and I'll have Dolmas' card finished shortly. Along with a possible third, depending on how I feel about it later. I'm still on the fence.

Anywho, here's Daxos again.

8e91618c35e48ebb89e85d43b1991ee3.jpg

DAXOS LORAN
    27 YEAR OLD MALE IMPERIAL

ILLUSIONIST/BERSERKER
    THE STEED SIGN

PERSONAL DETAILS:

Alias: Formerly known as Daxos the Silent

Sexuality: Heterosexual

Laterality: Left handed

Marital status: Single

Occupation: Daxos was the captain of the guard of Anvil, a title given to him by his father, Count Cassius Loran. However, with him being up in Skyrim, and not at his post, it is clear he is either no longer working with them, or he has become a part of something greater.

Residence: He takes residence in Castle Anvil, but has a habit of sleeping in other places, as the palace seems too soft for him. A man with his history isn’t used to the pampering.

Affiliations: He has affiliations with Anvil’s government, as well as the Empire in general. He has a few more minor affiliations, but those aren’t publicly known.

Religion: Does not practice. Asking him to do so, or asking why he won’t, is the equivalent of walking into your own shock rune.

Don’t. Do. It.

Affliction/Disease/Ailments: A form of PTSD, from his early past as well as one dark memory. Has terrible nightmares where he relives these moments, along with feelings of great depression when the thought of them arises.

APPEARANCE:

Daxos is in excellent shape, as because of his constant training he has been unable to allow himself to slack or get fat. He has blonde hair that reaches the nape of his neck, but barely. He has a strong jaw, chiseled features, with a faded scar leading from under his left eye, down across his nose, ending just above the right corner of his lip. He looks equal parts a bruiser and nobleman, which can seem off putting at social events. But he is neither a simple lord, or a common thug. We’ll get to that in the combat details. The pic above is a more apt depiction of him, as words fail me.

PERSONALITY:

Outside of battle, he is careful and observant, always prepared and watching his back. When he is with strangers, or those he is in charge of, he does not care for idle chatter or small talk, and prefers to keep to himself. However, when amongst a friend or two, he can find himself reaching out to these strangers with a joke or a question, as if the presence of these friends allows Daxos to feel comfortable, and bring his walls down slightly. However, this does not mean he let’s his guard down around people often. He is untrusting of any and all new people at first, but will slowly warm to them as he gets to know them.

Positive Traits: Determined, Passionate, Protective, Thoughtful

Negative Traits: Untrusting, Slight paranoia, Can be incredibly reckless due to his fighting style.

Training and combat, as they are the only times he gets to cut loose and let things out. He does this at any time he feels like there is a lot on his mind. Planning strategies and plotting different scenarios out when he isn’t currently occupied, and playing strategy games such as chess when there’s downtime. Listening to bard’s songs in the taverns and inns, as they bring him to a quiet place where he can forget, and also remember easier times.

Dislikes:

Pompous people, Overconfidence, Recklessness (When it’s someone other than him)

Alignment:

Ranges from Neutral Good to Chaotic good. It’s more of a passive thing, based on who he follows and works with. At the end of the day, he is pleased he did some good, but will continue on with his routine. However, he will fight the system and what is law to make sure those who are wrong will pay, which makes him seem reckless, or foolish, in the eyes of his superiors.

COMBAT STATS/ DETAILS:

Daxos, in terms of an mmo, is a tank. Draws a lot of attention, and keeps the others safe while putting himself at risk. He does this through his intimidating size and strength, but also through his grasp of illusion magic. When in an all out battle, he uses illusion magic, as well as a particularly painful memory, to cause him to go overboard, causing a great ruckus and becoming the immediate danger in the eyes of the enemy.

His past profession has caused a somewhat unique effect on him, in which whenever he smells blood on the wind in a battle, he feels empowered, and more confident in his ability to succeed. Not unlike when a shark smells blood in the water. It’s a vicious mindset that slowly can overwhelm him if the battle lasts too long. He has to rely on others to keep him up and safe, as he usually takes a lot of hits in battle from being in the front lines.

We’ll get to who those people are soon enough. :)

Class: Berserker

Major Skills:
    Illusion
    Two-Handed
    One-handed

Minor Skills:

Heavy Armor

Block

Athletics

(Pulled that one out of the history books, eh?)

GEAR:

Weapons: He carries a greatsword that is sheathed and strapped to his back, as well as a longsword tied to his hip. He carries both to keep things fresh and keep his options open, should one be more effective than the other in any given situation. Is capable of using a shield, but doesn’t always remember to carry one. Usually will pick up the shields of those he has defeated in combat to aid him should he need to focus more on protection than killing. Other than these, he relies on his illusions, so he doesn’t carry anything else.

Armor: The man has used whatever different armors he could get his hands on throughout his life, but has been supplied with his own personally smithed and tailored set, offered to him for his service and station.

It is a hardened steel armor, layered with a soft cloth that is embroidered with golden filigree. The cloth is tapered around the waist with a leather belt, holding it to the chest piece toward the middle as it continues down just above his knees. Around the neck is a thick, furred collar, that goes from shoulder to shoulder. There is a golden chain that connects each side together. He also wears a cloak, a symbol of the empire on its back facing to those behind him.

For a visual reference, the best armor I could think of that described the armor I wanted, was Cullen’s armor from Inquisition. Here’s a picture.

I_4nx-KOiixwwLdzGKkX3tKiafh_RuIpqLAyEIgLwjF0SY8_vshdYQsZnMmbVXnFSH-bE69Axbk3TBEMOfFoKRzHS7SQQEE0a_XnZz9Fsp7FUmBgDnLcA2-r0Gu5Q8G7yrmae8HO

History: Will be revealed as this runs its course.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts