Guild Wars 2 Beta Keys Giveaway

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

JaggedOne

EA promised us that SWTOR would have a new, innovative end-game, encompassing both PvE and PvP. Well, the PvE is standard raids, just like WoW (only they are called "operations" in SWTOR). The PvP consists of Battle Zones (same as battlegrounds in Wow) and a single PvP planet that is pretty much broken and not at all popular with the player base. <cont.>

JaggedOne

I was leveling my level 37 Operative (Imperial Agent class) on Quesh yesterday (my Imps are on a PvP server), when I was jumped by a level 39 Assassin (Jedi Consular class). Despite the fact that he was two levels higher than me and got the jump on me (not to mention the fact that half my skill points are in the healing tree), I killed him easily and had over half my hit points left. I stealthed, waited for him to revive and then killed him again - it's not my nature in RL, but this particular toon is Dark Side, so I pretty much had to do it to stay in character.

The reason I am telling this is to point out that I got nothing - zero, nada, zilch - for killing this guy in open world one-on-one PvP...no commendation, no points, no cash, nothing. So why even roll on a PvP server ? <cont.>

JaggedOne

As I said in my initial post, I have been looking forward to GW2 for ages, and my anticipation is sharpened by my disappointment in SWTOR (no bitterness or hate here, just giving my two cents). However, NCSoft wants me to pre-order to get a beta key, and I am hesitant to do so. I have beta-tested many games over the years, and most were not good enough to get me to buy. SWTOR was, even though I knew ahead of time about its lack of end-game, and I am not sorry I bought SWTOR - I have had many happy hours leveling toons (one of each class on both sides). After a couple of years of anticipation, I got into the Secret World beta, and was hugely disappointed in it - no way I will be spending my money on it. Same was true for WAR, LotRO, DDO, Conan, and so many others that I can't remember their names - they were not good enough or interesting enough to get me to spend my money on them. If I can get a beta key, it won't take me very long to make up my mind on GW2 - if it is fun to play and has a decent movement and combat system, then I will pre-order it ASAP.

Thanks and looking forward to seeing ya'll in GW2 Beta !!!!

Mingolo

Hail the Dominion
Lol, I guess posts in this thread don't count towards your total post count. Well, it's back up to 5 now! I hope there are more keys left!

moragtong

OK, so I'm a huge TES fan (10 years or so) and also a former GW1 addict (and I've now relapsed in an attempt to get God Walking Among Mere Mortals title). Anyway, a GW2 key would be epic so I can play with my brother! Thanks!

KritikalPT

Please keep the spamming down. One post is enough, and if you needed the required amount of posts, all you had to do was to participate in the forums without resorting to spamming/flooding.

OmNomNombies

Let me show you my cats.
You, sir, are one nifty wizard. I would love a GW2 key. I've been so amped for this game!

Lansworthy

Lacklusterous
As a long time MMORPG player I'd love one.
6 years of World of Warcraft, 4 Years of Guild Wars 1, 2 Years of Rift, and 9 years of Runescape; I'd very much like to see what all the hype about the new age of gaming is about.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts