Guide to HQ and LQ posts!

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Wolf

Hello, is it tea you're looking for?
The thread pretty much gives the subject away so lets get straight to the point shall we.

Table of Contents -

- Difference between HQ and LQ [HQ = High Quality] [ LQ = Low Quality ]
- When to post and when not to post on a thread
- Coloring letters / words and the side effects

** Difference between HQ and LQ **

Many people get confused on what High quality is, So i'm going to show an example.

Example:
Thread topic - Just obtained mega sword from the cave of awesome!

- Post number 1 -
Woah nice = Pretty terrible post, eh?

- Post number 2 -
Woah man , Congratulations on getting the sword! I got it too, was pretty hard for me. Did you find it difficult as well? = This is much better! Actually creating a discussion RELEVANT to the topic.

The difference is to make it more than 2 or 3 words but making it make sense, Get it ?
People will comment on your post and sometimes tell you that you're a low quality poster and it will affect your Rep and sometimes make you feel bad. So just remember to maintain HQ.

** When not to post on a thread **

You ever get that feeling when you previously posted on a thread and maybe minutes or hours later someone replies and you have nothing to reply ? Well thats when you DON'T reply back ..Cause you'll end up posting LQ stuff.
The best thing to do is just wait until you can reply something back with a good suggestion, Idea, thought or something informative to the OP. [ Original Poster ]

** Coloring letters / Words and the side effects **

Well, There will be some people that will type like this;

" Will Type like this."

Believe me , I have seen it and they do it just to make it seem colorful and think that it is HQ and cool , NO it isn't its just foolish and silly. Try to maintain basic colors and only change colors for important names. Making the starting words bigger and then the following words smaller , with or without same/different color; I.E

[ How to Keep it HQ ] (Title in red, larger font)

- This is an example , on how to keep it HQ. (paragraphs in default colour)

Instead of it looking like this;

[ This is a bad thread topic ] (TOO MANY COLOURS)

- This is an example of a bad example (Odd colour to use, can't really see it :p)

It just doesn't look right, So i hope you guys keep this in mind :D

Also, you don't always have to use red and the default colour, but I would stick to around 2 colours to use if making a topic with headings and titles. It does look awfully strange if you're constantly switching between colours and sizes throughout your post.

Edit: Oh and also you can use smileys to spice up your thread as well... just don't go overboard! :p :D :D :D :) :) :oops:

NOTE: I DID NOT, REPEAT, DID NOT MAKE THIS GUIDE. I SIMPLY JUST ADDED A FEW EXTRA PARTS.