[Guide] How to join the Dark Brotherhood.

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Speech500

The dark brotherhood is the most secretive and dangerous group of people in Tamriel, They are payed assassins and will kill almost anyone if payed correctly. After the Dark Brotherhood of Cyrodiil was destroyed and the Black Handdismantled, the Night Mother no longer had Listeners. Instead, assassins of the Dark Brotherhood heard of The Black Sacrament through local rumors.

In order to perform the Black Sacrament, the invoker must create an effigy of the intended victim, assembled from actual body parts, including a heart, skill, bones and flesh. They must then encircle that effigy with candles. The ritual itself must then commence. The invoker must proceed to stab the effigy repeatedly with a dagger rubbed with petals of a Nightshade Plant while whispering this plea: "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear."
The_Black_Sacrament.png

1. Travel to Windhelm
WIndhelm is the eastern, stony city with this as it's Map Marker.
Windhelm.svg

2. Talk to Guards, Citizens, Beggars and Bartenders an ask for rumors, You should quickly be told about a child called Aventus Aretino who is performing the black sacrement. Go to his home, he will ask you to perform an assassination, go with the flow and pretend to be the assassin with him. He will ask you to go and kill a woman called Grelod the Kind.
Aventus Aretino lives in a house in Windhelm, entering, you will find him performing the Black Sacrement.
Aventus%20Aretino.jpg
Aventus%20Aretino's%20House.jpg

3. Once you have the mission, fast travel to Riften, or use a carriage. Go into the building and kill her in any way you want to, you don't get bounty. Return to the child and turn in the quest. Nothing will happen, don't worry, it's supposed to be like that.
This is Grelod the Kind in her orphanage. After you kill her the kids start to cheer! How Cute!
Grelod%20the%20Kind.jpg

4. Sooner or later, you will recieve a 'Mesterious Note' from a courier, it will have a black hand on it and the words 'We Know'. If you recieve this and are ready to join the brotherhood, go to any inn or your own home and sleep in a bed for 1 hour.

5. You will wake up in an abandoned shack with Astrid (Assassin from the Dark Brotherhood) infront of you (if you have high enough pickpocket and perks, you can pickpocket a blade of woe and a set of shrouded armour off of her). She will tell you that you stole a kill from the brotherhood and you must pay back with a kill. You have three people lined up to kill and you cannot leave unless one person is killed, one of the three people is a contract, the other two are innocent. There is a French Khajiit, An Old Lady and a Wimpy Mercenary. Kill any of them or all of them and you will be admitted into the Brotherhood, Kill Astrid, and you will start a chain where you destroy the brotherhood (it's not very fun and I'm not going over it).
The three victims and Astrid in her stripper pose.
Friends_like_these.jpg
Astrid_freinds.jpg

6. When you are permitted to leave the shack, go to the quest objective, west of falkreath and activate the door. You will be asked "What is the music of Life" and you must then say "Silence, my brother". You are now in the sanctuary and are part of the Dark Brotherhood.
This is the door to the Falkreath sanctuary and the map location. I would post a pocture of the inside but i want to let you see it for yourself ;D
ede3b65b367b29da5e1ae8919d6f7742.jpg
Dark_Brotherhood_Sanctuary.jpg

I hope you found my guide easy to understand and informative. Please comment with suggestions or other guides you would like me to make, and to leave you thinking, I inserted this.

Edit: I took one paragraph on the black sacrement directly from a virtual book in skyrim (i think someone got muddled up a bit) and pictures are from wikia.com/elderscrolls, abridgedskyrim.com, deviantart.net (as i don't have skyrim on PC)

Elsweyr Dark Brotherhood Assassin DLC?
cat-gun_width_600x.jpg

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.

All that shows is the Google search engine, although I agree with what you wrote in that thread.

As for the " Walk Through " above the images aren't even his, 3 came from wikia.com/elderscrolls, 2 came from abridgedskyrim.com & 1 came from deviantart.net.

The 2 images from abridgedskyrim.com can be found here
http://abridgedskyrim.com/content/innocence-lost

If the images aren't his how do we know the walk through is his creation ?

XBOX Bossman

Thanks. :D I've been wondering how to join the Dark Brotherhood for a long time. I've started the quest with the boy but that's it. Oh, does it also matter what person you kill in the shack? Will it affect gameplay in any way?

Speech500

this is all from wikia.com/elderscrolls please try to be original or give credit where its due.
All that shows is the Google search engine, although I agree with what you wrote in that thread.

As for the " Walk Through " above the images aren't even his, 3 came from wikia.com/elderscrolls, 2 came from abridgedskyrim.com & 1 came from deviantart.net.

The 2 images from abridgedskyrim.com can be found here
http://abridgedskyrim.com/content/innocence-lost

If the images aren't his how do we know the walk through is his creation ?
great more... i give up guys remember breaking copyrights endangers this site... I will not point out any other breaches try to be more original with your work.

I have edited to give credit, thank you dfor saying Suoive. Purple, please actually have the facts if you are going to say it is all from wikia, Thanks.

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
It's all good, I appreciate the walk though you posted as I was unsure as to how to start it & had you just acknowledged where the images came from the 1st time then it wouldn't have caused the stir it did.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts