• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Do you have fun in GTA V Online?

• GTA has enough to be content with.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Harkin

Necromatic Mastermind
Heres why I think it's not that great...

There's not enough to do, with a small ammount of varied yet similar and linear missions, consisting of Races, Survival, Parachutes, etc . There is still a lack of fulfillment once one is complete, usually ending with people leaving the host.

Which leads nicely to my next point - Why is connecting/Playing with others so terrible? I spend more time loading between actual fun missions with people than actually playing with people- why does the game put me into a completely different lobby after finishing 1 race? Why not return me to the lobby I came from.

I join a 20 player server, do 1 mission, then get put back into a new lobby with 2 people in an empty beach- WTF?

So then I have to waste more time re-searching for a new lobby...

Next, I'm a friendly gamer, the type of guy that dresses funny and would air guitar infront of you, but most ppl who play just drive by and shoot you, not even with any clear reason, so I got to now deal with trigger happy nutcases who are more bothered about K/D ratio than actually being friendly people to the sane non hostile people like myself. These are Adults????

Not gonna stoop to their level, I like my style.

Networking issues make Online a nuisance.
If GTA V online didn't take you out of lobbies, and had events happening around the huge map like gang wars or interactive stuff players could just join in on it'd be way better.

Instead you got a huge world that while being visually stunning, takes too long to travel around, taxi's dont waypoint warp you like single player, aircraft you have to find first, and then you might get shot by a pre teen nutcase on your way from A to B.

This post is also to inform people about how Online is, however you can still have a great time if you got your own group of buddies, and the Game is worth buying for the Single player Campaign alone.

Though I do have fun Online, its on the rare occasion when people join missions/races etc.

Shame because it has such a wide open map with tonnes of unique buildings, like theatres, mansions, hotels,high end properties with pools etc - all of which serve NO actual PURPOSE except just being there - all the time it took to design this stuff for what? To drive past it? To fly above it? Even on Single player about 40% of the map is related to missions/quests.

Maybe if they had uses for these things, pubs you can enter? Play pool? Russian roulette with friends? Surely these were small things they could've implemented instead of more guns and cars.

Fps mode is a nice addition, but no way does it make the game worth a re-buy.

Harkin

Necromatic Mastermind
Interested in hearing other player views and experiences.

HouseHosted

Mundus 9-5, Oblivion weekends
hmmm... Well, I pretty well disagree with everything you've written. I found GTA V: Online to be an amazing experience. I love shooting stuff, racing, and everything in between, though, this doesn't truly counter the context of your post...

My take on GTA V in general - The scale of the map is both magnificent and beautiful. The amount of thought that went into developing GTA V, I'm sure, cannot be understated. Though I didn't especially enjoy the solo campaign, it did have its enjoyable moments.

The main draw to GTA has always been the cars for me, though, most all aspects of the GTA universe are comparable. I practically fell out of my seat when GTA III was released. What? I get to drive around this whole place-- in 3d!? Blew my mind! Since then my respect for Rockstar and the GTA line has gone up and up. At this point, I'd like to do a little bit of breakdown to properly address the conversation.

There are few things I take into consideration when qualifying something like an online experience in a game. The first is, I don't allow my judgement to be made solely by or solely influenced by others that participate in the game. Online brings a modest number of gamers into a single session. For this reason, you are going to have great diversity in player experience day-to-day. Also, it does not stand to question the graphic nature of the GTA line, thus, bringing the level of civility in an online no holds barred scenario closer to-- in short, bloody anarchy. Perhaps it has only been in recent updates, but Rockstar has added a couple tools for gamers that prefer a laid back gaming style over one of complete annihilation. In online mode, you have the ability to change sessions, mute all or a single individual, and there is now the mental stability rating.... All those red dots, I'm telling you! Under this light, when being treated poorly, I can simply leave if I so desire. This is something every gamer should exercise. It is their right to.

Like you, Harkin, I prefer a much more laid back play style over driving around and looking for a fight. On odd occasion I do participate in street fights, but this is when those present are participating as well. I refuse to grief or pick on someone who is being defensive. But, with all this, it is very important to keep in mind not everyone follows these standards. There will be sessions where an entire group of people are hostile or otherwise unsportsmanlike. I simply cannot be bothered with these sessions. I most often immediately look for another to join.

Another thing I consider is the availability of things to do. You've touched on this in your opening post, but I'd like to give my take on it. In my experience, GTA V is the only game of its kind. And by that I mean, it is the only game that has a single player campaign and an entirely separate multiplayer or solo online MMO type structure. I both applaud Rockstar for delivering an excellent issue of GTA and for their long term investment in additional content for a strictly console platformed game. This is something I've known no other game developer to do. Literally there are hundreds (if not thousands, if you consider how many hours you can sink into it) of extra things to do in sunny Los Santos, completely at your own discretion. And the freedom of Online is its greatest asset.

My next argument in connectivity does bring similar likings to your feelings. Connectivity could be better, I agree. Probably the most game breaking happening for me is when you lose connection, and are sent, without option, back to single player. If there is one thing I am most dissatisfied with, it is that they do not give us a notification with an option to search for a new session. It is maybe only a mild inconvenience, the dismissal can be aggrevating; adrenalized and focused.

I'll close this post with something that helps keep perspective: What I hope to achieve and what I look forward to doing is up to me. Others can contribute or they can obstruct. This can influence my mood positively or negatively, but still my reason for playing stays the same: To escape. To take a break. To leave reality for a while, so that when I come back, it isn't so damn plopsty.

Harkin

Necromatic Mastermind
I agree that theres lots to do in the game (around a few hundred hours on my xbox 360 single player and around 90%%) however, exploring wise, have you noticed how many areas aren't used - take the beaches for example - they could've made it so we can do weight lifting Online to add muscle/improve char strength, or do some volleyball, I love the graphics, but areas shouldn't feel empty and meaningless.

The only interactive thing there, is the Merry go round and no one wants to ride that lol.

My topic is mainly aimed at Online, since Single Player I enjoy loads. Online and Off every cruise feels different, with every street completely new I have no qualms with Los Santos.

Maybe it's not frustrating to other players but if I see say, a visually impressive landmark, the doors shouldn't be locked and uninteractable, Movie theatres, Nightclubs, Construction sites - Diversity in ways to increase stats would give areas purpose. Swimming lessons for Lung capacity. Weight Training for Strength.

They have the visuals, and ability to provide such areas, so why not the immersion and activities?

Countless times areas I've driven past could've been used in some way for a player.

Flight School is fricking awesome, and the races for improving driving skill are great, there should be more areas like Flight school but I can't think of one.

Why was Triathlon removed and not in Multiplayer?

Missions I find are the most fun, when you've got a team who are ready to kick ass - very good indeed.

Theres stuff like Golf and Tennis, yet no other laid back activities - guess I'm just hoping they will add more content.

HouseHosted

I'm picking up the jist of your argument now. Ah, I don't know. Memory limitations? Maybe it simply wasn't thought of at the time. It's hard to say. The creators may have seen the GTA universe as a predominantly cars, guns, and crime oriented one. Riding on a Merry-Go-Round and buying clothes are novel, but not to be focused on.

In some ways I agree with you. Being able to enter any odd shop or business, for the sake of exploration, is kind of neat. When I think about the beaches and that, it only reminds me of what I'd mentioned earlier: Memory limitations. Online takes place on the whole island of Los Santos, and so it's almost a victim of its own breadth. I've heard with the new gen consoles there will be Heists and all that other mumbo-jumbo, but I'm hoping they focus on bringing more clutter, i.e. civilians, lifeguards, and such into Online. At least persons who own new gens get to look forward to wildlife... Haha... ...Fantastic!...

M'aiqaelF

Male, 32 years old, Denver area, CO
I love both the Story mode and the Online mode, only problem that I have been having lately has been actually connecting to the game :mad:

Sean

lost somewhere
I mostly just do the missions with some friends, but as far as racing or deathmatches with a bunch of random people? Nope. I really just don't care about matchmaking within GTA5.

If I am just in free roam, then I typically pick a target (I go after one of the people who keeps having a message that they killed some random person) and then just use my tank on them over and over and over again.
So, I keep myself entertained within GTA Online.
Also helps that I have a lot of money in the game, own everything, and all of my skills are maxed.

As far as networking goes, I don't have too many problems with it.

M'aiqaelF

Male, 32 years old, Denver area, CO
i've deleted the past two updates and still no good, I'm gonna try again today

Harkin

Necromatic Mastermind
LMFAO I've actually been having alot of fun on GTA Online recently, despite the networking issues - When I created this post, I think I was in one of those Rant moods.

Been Sniping people on the street from rooftops hahahahaha!

Also really cool when you do a few missions with the same group of people (who actually know how to complete a mission) and then maybe do a Race or Survival, sweet.

HouseHosted

Coveted wsa always a chuckle for me. You'd spawn and then it was either someone tries to shoot the helicopter down or they can't fly a helicopter at all-- that tandem w/ hook, so unpredictable! I used to start new characters quite a lot and jump into Coveted as early as I could. It really got me laughing when someone would pull me out of the pilot seat and not know how to fly the damn thing. Too funny!

..but, guy, I'm trying to make this as efficient as possible for us all. You kill the two snipers and I'll nab the helly. Mission done in literally under three minutes. It would be possible in under two if it didn't take so damn long for thing to arrive, but you can't have everything.

....I think I want to go hop on now...

Deadpool.

OG Forum member
I like the DLC's and all, but R* haven't really put in anything that i would actually enjoy in GTA online. If they made single player amazing then i would expect the online to be similar but different (if you know what i mean) but that isn't the case with GTAO. You cant really do much on GTAO exept do under-paid missions, still wait for heists (MIS-ADVERTISEMENT, MIS-ADVERTISEMENT EVERYWHERE) and buy stuff.. oh and kill people- Not really much there. I dont feel that R* has put in much into the game as was promised and i really feel that they should compensate to us as players for that. Furthermore, The recent release of GTAV on next-gen consoles has left us oldie-timey-gamers without DLC for near enough 2 months and I forsee a repetition of this until R* finally abandons the game. As a "hacker" i found it most inconvenient that R* has realeased the online saves on cloud rather on the HDD, but i will definitely hack the living fecle matter out of the game if R* does abandon it.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts