PC Grindstone Visual Bug

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Brave

When using the grindstone--with a weapon in your inventory--the weapon graphic appears in the background and hovers over your head forever. This is potentially game-breaking because it blocks your screen regardless of POV and cannot be removed during gameplay. Swimming, fast travel, waiting, sleeping, being attacked... nothing fixes it. The only way is to load your previous save file. All weapons introduced to the grindstone have the same effect. This bug does not trigger when there are no weapons in your inventory and the grindstone itself works perfectly otherwise.

I'm running a PC with 250+ mods on Special Edition. I've included 3 attached screenshots to show how the bug works. Tried narrowing it down to buildings, town, clothing, and weapon mods but disabling did not solve the problem. Tried SSEEdit and Vortex to pinpoint the cause but nothing is flagged when it's in effect. Maybe someone knows better than I do. Any advice or direction would be appreciated!

Attachments

• ScreenShot2.png
    ScreenShot2.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 1
  • ScreenShot3.png
    ScreenShot3.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 1
  • ScreenShot4.png
    ScreenShot4.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 1

Brave

I found a way to work around this issue. I'll share it here in case anyone has this problem in the future:

Remove all your weapons and armor from your inventory. Either by dropping them on the floor or in a chest. Except for the piece you're going to improve. The graphics bug shouldn't activate. Consider saving your game before using the forge (just in case), especially when you're using mods that affect cities or environment. JK's Skyrim was used in my file, but it hasn't been confirmed if that mod was the issue or not. Hope this helps!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts