Glitch Greater or Grand Soul Gems

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Xena-Dhovakiin

What do you do with your Grand or Greater Soul Gems filled with Petty or Lesser Souls ?
Do you just sell them ? , After all they aren't much good for weapon enhancements so most people just sell them.

Ur do you dump them to make room when you are overweight, like I just did.

Well then here is a little Glitch for you.

I dumped all my Grand & Greater Gems on the floor that had either Lesser or Petty souls in them as I was overweight & needed to move faster than a slow walk, like I had about 50 of them. When I picked them up 5 min later they were all empty.

UPDATE 1: This also works with Common Soul Gems that have Petty or Lesser souls in them as well.

Update 2: This glitch will work with any Soul Gem that has a soul less that the Gem holding it, for example: If you have a Common Soul Gem with a Petty or Lesser soul in it you can drop it & pick it up empty. Or Drop a Grand Soul Gem with a Common, Petty or Lesser & you will pick it up empty & so forth.

So next time just dump all your Grand or Greater Soul Gems on the floor or ground & then when you pick them up again they are EMPTY.

Hi there. I had the same experience with the Oblibon Doors Books. I collected too many after I had loaded Lydia with all she can carry and dumped the rest next to the altar to pick up later. Well it was still there to be picked up but on;y on book. So now I add 1000 books at a time and load myself and Lydia and storage the rest with the Skeleton and collect all of them intact later on. Helps me a lot and saves me buying a horse. Take care Joachim Xena-Dhovakiin .

Xena-Dhovakiin

Nice! Thanks for the tip!

I keep plenty of petty and lesser empty ones on me so this has only happened once but great to know. :)

I get mine from the treasure chest at the mine and do my own recharging. As a Nord female I do not use soul gems often just to recharge me and Lydia`s weaponry. Keep souling.

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
Update: This also works with Azura's Star.

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
This works with all the Soul Gems, as soon as drop them & they hit the ground they become empty.

Raflon

For my Grand soul gems I just do the dawnstar glitch. For those who don't know there is an invisible chest next tothe mine between three boulders and a tree. Filled with stuff and money. Take what you want then run to the Khajit vendor at the entrance of town, sometimes will not be there so just 'wait' until she appears. save the game, then kill her, load back to the save, talk to her, then go back to the chest. Get tons of money, weapons, armor, and Grand Soul Gems (filled and empty). All the enchanted weapons and armor i get the enchants I want to have on other armor and just disenchant them later. Having a follower and almost empty bags will help get the maximum profit from this. Hope that helps! XD

mr noname

you said it works for azuras star, what about the black star?

GratuitousViolets

PS3 Addict
I'm also one who uses the plenty of soul gems to enchant crappy second-hand junk and smithed daggers to sell for unbelievable profits. Kaching!

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
*Bump*

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
It's been awhile, so I think I will give this a Bump.

Raflon

For my Grand soul gems I just do the dawnstar glitch. For those who don't know there is an invisible chest next tothe mine between three boulders and a tree. Filled with stuff and money. Take what you want then run to the Khajit vendor at the entrance of town, sometimes will not be there so just 'wait' until she appears. save the game, then kill her, load back to the save, talk to her, then go back to the chest. Get tons of money, weapons, armor, and Grand Soul Gems (filled and empty). All the enchanted weapons and armor i get the enchants I want to have on other armor and just disenchant them later. Having a follower and almost empty bags will help get the maximum profit from this. Hope that helps! XD

Have also discovered that if you use the 'God Character' trick, but use it to make stronger enchants for Stamina, Carrying Weight, etc it makes things a LOT easier. I don't 'cheat' with my character but I DO put my 'Infinite Carry Weight' enchant so I never get over burdened anymore lol

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
Have also discovered that if you use the 'God Character' trick, but use it to make stronger enchants for Stamina, Carrying Weight, etc it makes things a LOT easier. I don't 'cheat' with my character but I DO put my 'Infinite Carry Weight' enchant so I never get over burdened anymore lol

That & the Dawnstar glitch that you mentioned earlier have no bearing on this thread, try reading it properly. This Thread is about emptying your Soul Gems, not about what what enchant to use.

High King of Skyrim

King of the barbarian horde
Can I ask where you found your banish enchantment? I've searched every shop and chest I come across hoping to find just one banish weapon but no luck.
the blacksmith in wind helm is where I find a lot but of coarse it's totally random. There is never one place that's guaranteed to have one every time. They can only be found randomly at higher levels in my experience. I just look in the chest in Dawnstar when I'm at levels in the high twenties and then wait two days and check again. Handy trick if you're running low on coin:)

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
Bump

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts