• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Ores, pelts and alchemy ingredients are my only means of income save dungeon diving and I don't loot the undead unless it's a boss. I don't buy from merchants, I only invest in them so I can sell them the stuff I make from gathering stuff. It seems like crafting and selling stuff to make money would be tedious, but I've found that gathering and crafting saves me about a million load screens overall once I factor in how much I used to go in and out of shops. When I do sell stuff, I only hit outside vendors to further avoid load screens lol. I hate load screens.

Whenever I start a new playthrough, I always look forward to the vampire missions. If you hit the vampire quests early in your development, you will end the questline with an unbelievable amount of resources. Including soul gems if you fully exploit the Soul Cairn (highly recommended). Convert and craft your resources at the end and profit big in money and crafting experience.

It took me a couple playthroughs before I wasn't overwhelmed by it though. The Glacial Crevice almost drove me to drugs the first time through. You'll appreciate it more on your next visit. :)
I think I need to do all the quests at a far lower level. At this point, gathering stuff is really rather moot. I have way too much gold and way too much in the way of saleable items. I craft all my own stuff anymore although I do have this obsession with looting everything (including the undead) for gold. 2 gold, 10 gold, 300 gold - doesn't matter, I'll take it. Of course, maybe that's why I have so much gold.

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies
I think I need to do all the quests at a far lower level. At this point, gathering stuff is really rather moot. I have way too much gold and way too much in the way of saleable items. I craft all my own stuff anymore although I do have this obsession with looting everything (including the undead) for gold. 2 gold, 10 gold, 300 gold - doesn't matter, I'll take it. Of course, maybe that's why I have so much gold.

Well I believe you started all the DLC's at high level. The game will play much better for you next time around. In fact, hell, dump your guy and do it now. You already sound like you are ready for a restart. With the knowledge you have gained, your experience will be that much better.

Dump it... do it... dump it... do it... dump it... you can do it... start over... you will thank me tomorrow. ;)

Daelon DuLac

Well I believe you started all the DLC's at high level. The game will play much better for you next time around. In fact, hell, dump your guy and do it now. You already sound like you are ready for a restart. With the knowledge you have gained, your experience will be that much better.

Dump it... do it... dump it... do it... dump it... you can do it... start over... you will thank me tomorrow. ;)
I keep saying I'm gonna do it, but I never do cause I want to get through both DLCs before I do. Maybe I'll just run through and then start over. Since I know what I'm doing now, it should be easier. The problem is I LUV MY GUY! He is so bada** and I've developed a great back story for him. Hmph...

You're right though and I am sure I'd thank you in the morning... but would you respect me? ;)

ShadowHunter

I don't know what that is. Like I said. After hours of wandering around, I really didn't find very much. I did get a couple of those paragons and I saw online that there are others and secret rooms, etc..., but frankly, if I didn't find it online there was no way I was just going to discover it myself. The game is huge, and I'm just not that curious. Give me a dungeon to explore and I'll clean it out. Give me 3 valleys full of wildlife and I get distracted too much to ever really search. Please, I even got lost in the glacier and it took me another hour just to find that path up so that I could get to the temple. Frankly, I suck. Of course, it is my first time through and I'll be more thorough the next time I run through.
Durnehviir is after you complete the Soul Cairn. He is a Dragon that you can summon to help you in battle, like Odahviing but Durnehviir arrives instantly

Daelon DuLac

Durnehviir is after you complete the Soul Cairn. He is a Dragon that you can summon to help you in battle, like Odahviing but Durnehviir arrives instantly
Oh right! I'm supposed to summon him! I completely forgot. Oops. Sorry D! Serana is just sooooo distracting with her push up... well, you know...

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies
I have about 5 builds that I can't erase but will never play again
I keep saying I'm gonna do it, but I never do cause I want to get through both DLCs before I do. Maybe I'll just run through and then start over. Since I know what I'm doing now, it should be easier. The problem is I LUV MY GUY! He is so bada** and I've developed a great back story for him. Hmph...

You're right though and I am sure I'd thank you in the morning... but would you respect me? ;)

Of course I would. Who would I be to judge? I have about 5 builds that I held onto with the intention of revisiting. I never do though. I'm getting ready to start another one in fact. My wood elf is old and tired. Time for some new blood. Lol.

Dr.Madness

Overlord of the Void
I was ready to rage quit after two hours of exploration, the only thing that kept me going was to get to get Vyrthur as a Dead Thrall.

sticky runes

I'm glad other people thought this quest was sh!t. why on earth did they need to make that place so damn big? It's just a big desolate sh!thole. I'd rather they just made it into a straight forward dungeon.

I only made this account to comment on this. Seriously, that entire fluffing quest gave me blue balls. You mean to tell me I gotta walk around some large ass cavern system, while systematically getting dickslapped by hordes of Falmer (Oh, I'm sorry, the "Betrayed" you posh ass snow elf fuzzy kitten) all to fill up an ewer with water and then pour it out? I'd much rather be plucking out Crimson Nirnroot from Blackreach; thank you very much. Oh, and don't get me started on the "Boss Fight" at the end. There are literally three steps to instantly kill him.

1. Kill all his stupid servants
2. Let Serana and the bastard have their banter
3. Fus Ro Dah his ass off the fluffing tower.

And don't you fluffers tell me that "oh you won't get the armor." I can quickly loot his pale ass while going to fight the twin lake dragons. (Which is a much better fight if I'm honest.) I just use console commands to go to each Wayshrine cause fluff that plops Bethesda. fluff it with a big rusty pole or a splintery post, yeah fluff that plops the most fluff THAT! (That was a Reel big fish reference)
f5d.png

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts