OOC [General OOC] For all comments/questions

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Lyt

Sure Lyt, feel free. :) People have been having the most success by giving a basic rundown of their plot and ideas in an OOC thread first, just to build interest. Whatever works best for you. Glad to see more people getting interested.

Just make sure you're familiar with all the rules before you begin. :D
    Oh I'm very familiar with the rules. they're exactly like the rules I played by on other forums. All that changes is the terminology.

Shew

Account closed (at sincere request).
    First off I wish to apologize for deleting threads; I wanted players to recruit and form groups before starting your story threads. I set up a recruiting thread for this purpose.
    Pitch your ideas here: Role Play Recruiting Thread first

Those of you that had threads deleted message me and I'll restore them when your group forms alright I meant no offence just trying to keep the area clean of empty groups for the time being.

Obscure.Ref.Girl

Carpe' Jugular
    I think the Role Play area has grown very quickly and because of that alot of things are fine when it was small but now it looks cluttered and messy.

there needs to be a concice way to organize it. for each story you could
    • merge the rules and character sheets into one thread
    • I notice you can sticky the first post. in that case like the [EWM] thread where the rules are listed with a short list of characters linked back to a character sheet thread is good.
    • the rules discussion can be merged with the OOC discussion instead of having two threads
    That should make it all look nicer, If everyone does it that is, otherwise its just a bunch of work for the Moderators

Falx

hey guys I have never done any role playing before. It looks pretty interesting and I understand the rules but I have no idea what i'm like at writing text and dialogue. Also how long do the stories usually take you guys to write, like do you do them over a few days and post when you can? because im worried that if I start one I might have to leave in the middle if I have to do something, how would that affect the story?

Andante

Roleplaying Moderator
    hey guys I have never done any role playing before. It looks pretty interesting and I understand the rules but I have no idea what i'm like at writing text and dialogue. Also how long do the stories usually take you guys to write, like do you do them over a few days and post when you can? because im worried that if I start one I might have to leave in the middle if I have to do something, how would that affect the story?

Glad you're interested in role playing with us. If you look in the main role playing section, you'll find a guide to role playing for beginners that covers not only the rules, but the terminology, and mechanics of role playing, and gives a basic rundown of how to begin participating. It should give you a good idea of how things work, and just what you need to get started.

The stories usually develop on their own, and how long and complex they get is usually entirely up to the participants. If you want something quick, and simple or long and drawn out all you need to do is set up your thread to reflect that. Or, if you'd simply like to participate for some time, then need to stop you can find a story that needs a temporary character. If you have any other questions don't hesitate to let someone know, we'll do our best to help you out. :)

Falx

ok thanks for the help. One more thing, I noticed that a lot of you are from the USA. What time do you normally do these stories because i'm from Aus and im wondering about the time difference.

Andante

Roleplaying Moderator
    Usually we don't try to role play in "real time". It usually takes some players a few hours, to a couple of days to post due to the time differences, and all we can do is be patient and understanding.

Shew

beautiful and helpful, we have the best job

Shew

I have seriously considered adding a new rule to the overall allowing people to only partisipate in one thread at a time.
    I haven't because it hasn't been a obvious problem, and We wanted to allow people to play freely.

That said I have noticed people jumping ship from threads because they are dedicating their time in other threads after joining several threads, or being distracted and unsure of their position cause they can't remember what their character was doing.

I want every RP member to go to the Rules discussion for the overall RP area and voice their opinion on whether a rule is needed to limit players to one thread.

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
    I'm looking to start a roleplay entitled "Rise of the Falmer" Where after several devastating earthquakes rock Skyrim the Falmer population unite and march upon the lands. The roleplay would be about uncovering the mystery behind the attack while also defending Skyrim's major cities and landscapes from the Falmer.

Andante

Roleplaying Moderator
    Pitch your idea in the Recruitment thread. Be sure to give good details about the plot and what you're looking for from your players. It's the best place to start.

Shew

I'm looking to start a roleplay entitled "Rise of the Falmer" Where after several devastating earthquakes rock Skyrim the Falmer population unite and march upon the lands. The roleplay would be about uncovering the mystery behind the attack while also defending Skyrim's major cities and landscapes from the Falmer.
    I meant to pitch it in the general discussion area and state your pitching a recruitment and have a recruiting thread already..

Shew

no prob its my job... we'll get it sorted so you can feel free to post your story. And feel free to use the report button to well report simular things no one gets in trouble, just a heads up for me and Andante.

Shew

Well we hit 500 posts in the [EWM], I want to thank everyone who partisipated so far and here's to at least 500 more. I also wish to thank or loyal readers, some of which are now writers in the story. I have enjoyed myself and can honestly say most everyone else has too. More Skyrim Soap opera to come ya'll.

Recap: A interesting group met in the Bannered mare a mere 5 days ago, Starting a journey to Markarth and to the ruins we now find ourselves about to enter, along the way we lost some to a fatal accident at Fort Greymore, Signy, Dalsaf, Sara, and Dar'Faril... Found new members who helped the survivors, and then joined us on our quest, Michael, Rathalos, and Duvaindes, arrived at Markarth and met Tappit Boss a swarmy but lovable bard. The rearrival of Sara back from Fort Greymore but gone cause of The Dark Brotherhood being after her. And are about to add our next member Geminus. So with myself Qa'Bruynzeel and our co-lead Andante we make Seven. Again thanks for reading we hope we are worth the time and trouble.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts