• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
So does anybody have a good archer build I haven't spend my point so I'm pretty weak xD so yea if you have a suggestion let me know please

Mercutio

Assistant Regional Manager

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Kill everything within a 10 mile radius of Whiterun and sell it so you have cash.

Talk to the Bard in Whiterun and deliver the letter to Camilla and don't lie to her.

Talk to Faendal (it makes him a follower).

Pay Faendal for archery lessons and take the money back from him in trade when you take him as a follower - he can train to 50.

Next: Follow the path up in to the mountains that is across from Pinewatch to the very top and get the training from the woman there for free.

By the time you do all of that, you'll have leveled up a few levels. Just be sure to put your points in your archery skills.

I usually do the first 5 but don't really use any of the others, although the stun one on the left side can be useful.

Archery also works for crossbows. Hope this helps.

Wauten Dayhil

Demon Hunter and Wordplay Extraordinaire
Kill everything within a 10 mile radius of Whiterun and sell it so you have cash.

Talk to the Bard in Whiterun and deliver the letter to Camilla and don't lie to her.

Pay Faendal for archery lessons and take the money back from him in trade when you take him as a follower - he can train to 50.

Next: Follow the path up in to the mountains that is across from Pinewatch to the very top and get the training from the woman there for free.

By the time you do all of that, you'll have leveled up a few levels. Just be sure to put your points in your archery skills.

I usually do the first 5 but don't really use any of the others, although the stun one on the left side can be useful.

Gotta wait until you're like level 90+ before you talk to that lady, though! Lol, free levels later on are more useful than free levels early on.

Daelon DuLac

Gotta wait until you're like level 90+ before you talk to that lady, though! Lol, free levels later on are more useful than free levels early on.
Really? I always talk to her at about level 11. Odd.

Daelon DuLac

Yeah, it's a waste when your archery level is really low.
Okay. Usually my archery is up to 50 by that level anyhow (I use Faendal and kill many, many things and sell 'em) so I guess I'm coming from a place very different than many players.

Wauten Dayhil

Okay. Usually my archery is up to 50 by that level anyhow (I use Faendal and kill many, many things and sell 'em) so I guess I'm coming from a place very different than many players.
Well, the whole point is to use her when you can't use trainers anymore, given that each training thing she does gives you a full level, regardless of level.

Daelon DuLac

Well, the whole point is to use her when you can't use trainers anymore, given that each training thing she does gives you a full level, regardless of level.
Interesting. I did not know that. Then again, archery is definately not one of the skills I ever have trouble with. Now pick-pocket! Yikes, I spend so much with that homeless woman in Windhelm that it's frightening. And I don't even pick-pocket! I only do it so I can reverse pick-pocket on some of my assassinations.
Thanks for the info!

Wauten Dayhil

Interesting. I did not know that. Then again, archery is definately not one of the skills I ever have trouble with. Now pick-pocket! Yikes, I spend so much with that homeless woman in Windhelm that it's frightening. And I don't even pick-pocket! I only do it so I can reverse pick-pocket on some of my assassinations.
Thanks for the info!
Really? I have no trouble at all with pickpocket. Lots of reloading and stuff, but all I have to do is run around Whiterun picking up cheap things from everybody, and slowly getting tougher items as I level.

Daelon DuLac

Thanks for the info!
Really? I have no trouble at all with pickpocket. Lots of reloading and stuff, but all I have to do is run around Whiterun picking up cheap things from everybody, and slowly getting tougher items as I level.
It's not that I have trouble with it, I just refuse to do it. It is the one thing in the game that I do not do unless forced (Mafala). I have in my many thousands of hours, never, ever played a direct thief. I 'll do the sweep, heist, shill, burglary and numbers jobs, but never the fish or bedlam jobs for the TG, but only to satisfy the requirements.

It's a block with me. I do not pick-pocket and I never, ever steal anything outside of the TG required quests, even on my most evil characters. Don't know why, but I simply won't do it. If I do it accidently, I will actually seek out a guard and allow him to arrest me and pay the fine.

I'm weird that way.

Wauten Dayhil

It's not that I have trouble with it, I just refuse to do it. It is the one thing in the game that I do not do unless forced (Mafala). I have in my many thousands of hours, never, ever played a direct thief. I 'll do the sweep, heist, shill, burglary and numbers jobs, but never the fish or bedlam jobs for the TG, but only to satisfy the requirements.

It's a block with me. I do not pick-pocket and I never, ever steal anything outside of the TG required quests, even on my most evil characters. Don't know why, but I simply won't do it. If I do it accidently, I will actually seek out a guard and allow him to arrest me and pay the fine.

I'm weird that way.
You crazy, meng.

Morgan

Sorry to tell you, but level 50 in archery IS really low. I've frequently found myself too high a level for Faendal to teach anything just by wandering around a bit before going to Riverwood. It's one of the easiest skills to level through about 75 or 80. But after that climbs a serious hill. You can jump from about 88 to 100 by saving skill books until then and doing the training. It's well worth the wait.

Wauten Dayhil

Sorry to tell you, but level 50 in archery IS really low. I've frequently found myself too high a level for Faendal to teach anything just by wandering around a bit before going to Riverwood. It's one of the easiest skills to level through about 75 or 80. But after that climbs a serious hill. You can jump from about 88 to 100 by saving skill books until then and doing the training. It's well worth the wait.
Bah. Archery is too OP anyways. Three or four shot most people until you're level 30.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
On Xbox, here is what I used to do more or less step by step once I leave Helgen:
Take a bow and arrows while you're still escaping Helgen and use them.
Select the Thieves Stone (it levels Archery).
Once in Riverwood, do the quest with the Bard Faendal and Carlotta. Go on Faendal's side. Then speak to him and make him your follower.
Now receive training from him as you can during levelling up (you may need to get more gold during this time and also go do a few quests to level up) go into his inventory and take his money back (If it hasn't been fixed with a patch)
Put all points into the Archery perk tree
Also try to Sneak as much as possible to level Sneak and work on the side of the sneak tree that takes you to (attacks with Bows causees triple sneak damage)
When you kill with Archery, in sneak, it does double damage, levelling up quicker.
Continue getting training with Faendal.
Upgrade your bow and arrows at every opportunity.
You could also work on enchanting and put elemental enchantments on your bow (fire does the most damage)

Here is a list of skill books to read and trainers:
Books
The following is a list of skill books that can increase this skill:

Trainers
List of individuals that can increase this skill by giving them gold:

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
Oh and if you do have the Dawnguard DLC, work on getting the schematics for Sorine as quickly as possible because the Enhanced Dwarven Crossbow is the most powerful bow in the game after upgrading and stuff.

While I am at it, try to enchant your gear with "Fortify Archery" enchantments. Things you are able to enchant with fortify archery are :helms/helmets, hoods. Necklaces, rings and circlets. Bracers and gloves

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts