• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
Threads like this have probably popped up all over this forum and I apologize. However I'm having a real difficult time thinking of a new character to create for Skyrim. And this time I want him to stand out from my other Skyrim characters.

As of right now I'm thinking of a conjuration archer, who uses the bound bow along with flame atronochs. I would appreciate any ideas you guys could give me. However I want them to be a little more specific than just being a Wood Elf Archer or a Khajiit Assassin. Like something really creative that I can rp with. Thanks!

J

Jeremius

One idea you could do is a knight/paladin of Meridia, the Daedric prince who hated the not so dead. Run around with Dawnbreaker and Auriel's bow from Dawnguard, also join up with the Dawnguard (The bow and faction only if you have dawnguard) and kill Vampires of Molag Bal and any other undead you find with a glorious fireball.
-OR-
You could also do a rogue Alik'r Who betrayed his friends and is now on the run from his former allies.
-OR-
AN imperial Berserker who lost his/her unit to the Thalmor, and decided to join the stormcloaks because they are the only ones doing anything to fight the Thalmor.

It's kinda fun to do the opposite of what the race would normally do. For example, an orc thief or an Altmer 2 handed brute.

It's also really fun to make a character look at stupid as you can. I would suggest giving him a really pointy chin and working off of that.

Gore gro-Gijakudob

My advice would be to start with the game turned off. Let your imagination go a bit, don't think about perks. Imagine different races, picture them in your mind, imagine how they look. If you are well versed in lore, start thinking about that, most importantly think of a name, it's the most important part of any character as that is your complete investment. The truth is a unique character does not have to have disparate perks, they just have to be a character you want to play as. I went from an all out buffed barbarian Orc to a witch-hunter/assassin Breton character. I never thought I would enjoy playing as a guy like that, now I love the dude to bits.

It's kinda fun to do the opposite of what the race would normally do. For example, an orc thief or an Altmer 2 handed brute.
This works rather well, if you stay mobile, and max for reach. I comboed it with magick, though, and used Bound Battleaxe. Not a pure by any stretch, I can't bring myself to waste the advantages of being Highborn.

ambiiientz

It's also really fun to make a character look at stupid as you can. I would suggest giving him a really pointy chin and working off of that.

That's how I played Oblivion... Orc Mage, Altmer Warrior etc. I know Psiber put this in a previous post... just play the game, take a left out of Helgen instead of goin straight to Riverwood and let your character develop.

Exelex

What is the Greybeard build?
You don't know? It's a build where you only use the Way of the Voice to fight and battle. You then install the Dovakiin Relaxes mod so you can meditate at High Hrothgar and praise the gods by the power of the voice. I love this build. You also DO NOT use any daggers (don't listen to that newb above me).

The Greybeard Build

Dar'Neko

Qahnaarin
You don't know? It's a build where you only use the Way of the Voice to fight and battle. You then install the Dovakiin Relaxes mod so you can meditate at High Hrothgar and praise the gods by the power of the voice. I love this build. You also DO NOT use any daggers (don't listen to that newb above me).

The Greybeard Build
I wish you could get the Greybeard Robes legit ._.

Wow wasn't expecting all these ideas. Thanks guys, I like your idea Gore. I may actually let my mind run wild for a bit and find out what I like best. Keep the good ideas coming!

I'm starting over with a Breton Spellsword. The choice of race is mostly motivated by making her as petite as possible, because I've gotten kind of spoiled by Altmers. Also, the Conjuration bonus is nice, as this will be her primary skill. Just left Helgen, and ran cross country toward Whiterun to hit up Farengar for Bound Sword as a 1H trainer. No weapon skills means going for the highest damage possible, and she won't be Smithing any. After that, I plan to make my way north, to the Lord Stone first, then High Gate Ruins to help Anska find a scroll. Flaming Familiar, and a nice Mask, I've beaten him on level 1 before with Dragonskin to take the edge off his fireballs, and Storm Atronach.

The beauty of this build is she basically never gets Over-powered. Without Smithing to get weapons up to stupid levels, and a fairly weak primary spell, the lord is stacked on Heavy Armor around Robes for minimal protection without being invulnerable. Half off Magickal damage, and a daily minute of Spell Absorbtion makes this my strongest point, but overall, she comes out balanced. I may invest in Alteration to reinforce my armor, and Magic Resistance, but only if I find myself getting Squishy.

At the moment, the plan is 1H, Conjuration (Atromancy, not Necromancy) and Enchant when I can. All 3 filled out, I should cap below 30, and hopefully be capable of clearing most everything without it being a romp. Destruction should be handled with Staffs, so as soon as I've got Vokun, next stop is Winterhold, then Sarthal for an amulet, and semi-auto lightning rifle. The real plan is to eventually become self sufficient to run around, and troubleshoot the Mod I'm working on.

DovahCap

The one cube to rule them all.
I personally am a fan of the Wolf Warrior build - You get up to steel / steel plate armor and steel weapons, but cannot advance from there weapon/armor wise, and you cannot use attacks or game elements that fall under the trees of the Thief and the Mage. You're not allowed to join the Mage's Guild or Thieves Guild, and must destroy the Dark Brotherhood. Companions required for werewolfyness.

My current character, Leksandr, is a Bladelord. Because LOTR weapons are so sexy.

Dar'Neko

Qahnaarin
I personally am a fan of the Wolf Warrior build - You get up to steel / steel plate armor and steel weapons, but cannot advance from there weapon/armor wise, and you cannot use attacks or game elements that fall under the trees of the Thief and the Mage. You're not allowed to join the Mage's Guild or Thieves Guild, and must destroy the Dark Brotherhood. Companions required for werewolfyness.
So your basic loadout would be either Steel Plate Armour/Wolf Armour, with a Skyforge Steel Sword?

ambiiientz

I'm starting over with a Breton Spellsword. The choice of race is mostly motivated by making her as petite as possible, because I've gotten kind of spoiled by Altmers. Also, the Conjuration bonus is nice, as this will be her primary skill. Just left Helgen, and ran cross country toward Whiterun to hit up Farengar for Bound Sword as a 1H trainer. No weapon skills means going for the highest damage possible, and she won't be Smithing any. After that, I plan to make my way north, to the Lord Stone first, then High Gate Ruins to help Anska find a scroll. Flaming Familiar, and a nice Mask, I've beaten him on level 1 before with Dragonskin to take the edge off his fireballs, and Storm Atronach.

The beauty of this build is she basically never gets Over-powered. Without Smithing to get weapons up to stupid levels, and a fairly weak primary spell, the lord is stacked on Heavy Armor around Robes for minimal protection without being invulnerable. Half off Magickal damage, and a daily minute of Spell Absorbtion makes this my strongest point, but overall, she comes out balanced. I may invest in Alteration to reinforce my armor, and Magic Resistance, but only if I find myself getting Squishy.

At the moment, the plan is 1H, Conjuration (Atromancy, not Necromancy) and Enchant when I can. All 3 filled out, I should cap below 30, and hopefully be capable of clearing most everything without it being a romp. Destruction should be handled with Staffs, so as soon as I've got Vokun, next stop is Winterhold, then Sarthal for an amulet, and semi-auto lightning rifle. The real plan is to eventually become self sufficient to run around, and troubleshoot the Mod I'm working on.

DovahCap

The one cube to rule them all.
So your basic loadout would be either Steel Plate Armour/Wolf Armour, with a Skyforge Steel Sword?

For my Wolf Warrior Sylus, I went Steel Plate with a Skyforge Steel Axe and the Targe of the Blooded.

Dar'Neko

Qahnaarin
Nice addition with the Targe of the Blooded. I bet you looted her Steel Plate too :p

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts