• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

GrumpyBadger

Article Writer
I just wanted to comment on this a bit hopefully to help perk up Lifts-Her-Tail a bit :). I chose to register at this forum because of it's continued activity. Sure, there may not be as many new members coming in, but how old is the game? Skryim, it's scary to say, is almost three years old. How many other games, that old, still have devout players that also join communities to talk about them? I can name a few FPS (of course HALO) and Mass Effect and DragonAge... that's about it. But all of those, have games from the past with a devout following.

I know Skyrim isn't the first TES game, but for how many people is this their first jaunt into the world of Tamriel? I've always felt TES has a cult following, much like D&D or Warhammer and Warhammer40K had back in the 80s and 90s. I also think Skyrim is what brought TES out to the mass public somehow. Maybe because of its new leveling system that isn't as complicated as the classic styles? I'm not sure.

I didn't really start enjoying Skyrim til about a month ago when I also found this forum. At first I just played a "warrior" and a "battlemage." And I complained about the plot and the lack of character development, especially against the likes of Bioware games. Then, about a month ago I googled "best RP game on xBox360 for Paladins" and found builds both here and at another forum and on youtube for Paladins, in Skyrim!! I was shocked!!

It never occurred to me that by using "our greatest graphics card and story writer known... our imagination" - Sheldon Cooper - that I could actually fall in love with Skyrim! Now, I'm obsessed, and I can't believe how long it took me to "get it."

Heck, Lifts is kind of a "celebrity" to me, because she's in Janus' comics on Deviantart, that I found while looking for pictures of Lydia, thinking foolishly I was the only one that thought certain Dragonborns and Lydia are a perfect match.

I wouldn't even call it an ebb or a flow. I'd call it tempering the steel. Those people that are fans of the series, that are fans of Skyrim - be it the province, the people, or the game, will find our little community. If they only do fanfic - cool. If they only do guides - sweet. If they roleplay - awesome. If they do all of the above - powergamers! :D and good on them, because that's alot. I honestly have barely enough time for my character stories/fanfic and this forum, and still playing the game. That and I'm brand new is why I haven't ventured into a "tavern" yet in the RPs.

Looking at how much has happened just today, for me, between finding friends, meeting new people in the shoutbox, and working on my things, I think this forum is doing fine. Just a noob's perspective.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts