• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

How useful was this?

• Total voters

Shew

Account closed (at sincere request).
I thought about a lot of different ideas when I voluteered to write for the article team,
but first I wanted to do a guide on how to use seldom looked-at features of our own site. For those new to our forum I welcome you. I hope these tips help you find the info and friends you were looking for on and in our forums.

The first feature I would like to point out is probably the most powerful and valued tool here:
the search bar. It is in the upper right hand corner of literally every page.
Just click and type any keyword from names to info needed. A list of every reference ever made from day one pops up on the next page. This is extremely useful for finding help on that elusive info on a glitch/quest/guide or story you were able to find at first glance. It is also useful in stopping multiple posts on the same subject.

The second feature is the fabulous shoutbox that is now found on the opening page and on the main forums page of our site. Its a minichat. If you click on the word "Shoutbox" it opens into a bigger chat window. This is great for conversing with anyone that happens to be watching it.

There are many other features and areas too. Most can be found from the forums tab at the top left of the page just under the title bar. Some have their own tabs too, so lets give all these tabs a second look and I'll give a description of what they do or contain.
  1. Home tab: This is the opening page and where you found this and the other articles written by the Article team.
  2. Forums tab: This is an overview tab listing all the major categories of forum threads on our site. Some forums also contain sub areas.
  3. Blogs: This is a great area to, well, blog about the things your character is doing within the Skyrim world. The section is intended for "in character" journals.
  4. User Albums: This contains all kinds of user submitted photos, from personal pictures to Skyrim inspired or inspiring art.
  5. Media: This is a great place for youtube videos related to Skyrim, from guides to funny things, to lets play, etc.
  6. Upgrade Tab: This is where you go when you want to support the administrator in paying for all these great features and maintaining the servers for our beloved forum. Premium membership has advantages like no ads, a special name plate and membership to a sister site. Check it out. I highly recommend this.
  7. Members tab: Here is a great way to find other members and a small listing of some of our top members too. This are has its own search feature.
  8. Perk Calculator: Want to experiment with what to do with those perks for your individual build before getting in game and wasting one on a slot that you don't really use? This is the link for you.
  9. Your Screen name tab: This is where you can look at your profile information, edit your signature, find your own posts, edit your profile, look at your stats, and the list goes on....
  10. Inbox: Here is where you can check on pending alerted conversations or start a conversation with other members.
  11. Alerts tab: This is a list of all the stuff that has happened to your posts or to threads you follow since the last time you were here.
  12. Log in/out/sign up: Members can use this to log in with a forum account, Facebook account or a Steam account. If you're browsing as a Guest, we strongly encourage you to use the "Sign Up" link.
In the next installment, I will delve a little deeper into one of the Category Thread listings.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts