• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Favorite Room

• Armory

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Kitchen

• Library

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Trophy Room

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Storage Room

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alchemy Laboratory

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Bedrooms

• Greenhouse

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Enchanter's Tower

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rhew

The missing snow elf
The armory is my favorite. I love displaying all my rare armors. Although I recently got all 3 houses and had each of them with different rooms. I love the library and kitchen as well. But usually my home setup is armory, garden, alchemy tower :)

Morgan

The armory is my favorite. I love displaying all my rare armors. Although I recently got all 3 houses and had each of them with different rooms. I love the library and kitchen as well. But usually my home setup is armory, garden, alchemy tower :)

That reminds me of a quirk I have . . . I don't like a house that has more than one tower. I also don't like for any of the three houses to have the same rooms. I ALSO like the all-the-way-around platform when you get all three rooms that are one floor with an exterior stair. I put this on the Dawnstar house, since it's the one that has views in all directions.

The upshot is, I always have a spare tower I don't know how to handle.

Fraekith

Wood Elf Archer
Armory Room, love seeing my gear on display

This, and only this.

But for real, I love to display old gear. I'll walk into the room and feel so nostalgic of all the good times spent with that armor. Sometimes I'll wear a set for a large portion of the game. I'm having trouble storing some of the guild armor I'm getting. The enchantments on them make them good for many different situations. Same with weapons. I find myself needing more carry space though. Would probably be a good idea to get my pickpocket up to level 50 and get that extra 100 carry space.

Brawnysilverfox

Cellar and armory. In my haste to build my first house I didn't pick an armory but my other two have it. I love fully upgrading armors then putting them on the mannequins, going to do this across all three houses in time ( since some other rooms give you armor mannequins as well ). Just started last night on LM armory and have dragonplate, thieves guild master, AOTOG, Dwarven and steel plate on display. Going to spread the unique armors across all three houses. Yes, i'm sad but I don't care :D

Found it rather annoying that you cant have armory and library in the same house, very restricted. I mean really its MY house I should be able to have three bloody librarys if I want?!

Also storage room is pointless IMO. All chests and cupboards etc have unlimited space so no one is possibly gonna need 30 or 40 of them!!

Yeah I agree about the storage room. A waste of space imo. I really like the cellar! Its just filled with cool stuff and is probably my favorite room next to the armory.

I too wish we could build the rooms how we want, Have two armories or put a bedroom or green house on the back of the house. Now THAT would be great!

flamingor

The Armory room since I get to display all of my Ebony and Dragon bone armor out. Cool place to stash enchanted weapons for future use.

ChudMacGud

Elite Bard
My favorite is the Armory, I love displaying my favorite armors and always use it to organize my weapons and armors.

BigBad

Person of Interest
Yeah, the Armory is an easy sell. I like to display the faction armor sets that I've outleveled, like Legion Armor, Wolf Armor, Dawnguard Armor, and Blades Armor. Plus whatever unique weapons or Daedric items I've collected but have no immediate use for.

ZeroDragon

Bring me my broadsword, and clear understanding.
As has been mentioned, if the towers had internal staircases they would be awesome and, for me, a clear winner. Yes the armoury is an obvious one, the kitchen is more than what you expect, but building the kitchen should remove the cooking pot from the fire in the main room. The bedroom is what you would expect, the cellar needs a vent. The little mentioned Greenhouse was a true surprise. The bees found their way in and it is an alchemists dream. So for my alchemy biased character it has to be the Greenhouse, the heroic warrior character lives in the armoury.

dunklunk

You seem a decent fellow. I hate to die.
The greenhouse by far is my favorite. I like the way the sun shines its rays through the windows and you can actually hear the bees buzz.

The trophy room and armory are close seconds as they allow you to show off all your fine crafted armors. Sure beats stuffing them all in drawers or chests. What's not to like about the trophy room, with a few vanquished foes clearly on display? Yeah, that mudcrab had absolutely no chance against my double-enchanted, thunderous mace upside its head. :D:beermug:

Reaper87

吉光
I like the greenhouse and the enchanter's tower - the greenhouse is peaceful and tranquil, and the enchanter's tower feels secluded, away from danger, and allows my character a place and time to have a methodical approach to enchanting, away from the outside world. :D

Morgan

When I set up the trophy room, I spend a lot of time on what trophies go on which pedestals. I'll get all the necessary ingredients, and just quicksave and try out combination after combination. Wild animals on the left and undead on the right? Trolls, bears, and cats? All short, all tall, or alternating? On and on. The one thing that always stays the same is the large plinth, dead center, the one you can see through the door, always gets a dragon skull. And I never equip the barrels and other crap. (Except wall shelves. I set those up and pile mammoth tusks on them until they won't hold any more.)

Onyx Black

Lord of Onyx
I honesty like most except the Kitchen, I have a firepit, I don't need my Skyrim latte. I just need ale and some cabbage soup.
And also the Storage - why?
The Greenhouse - mate - I am an Axe Master not a gardener. At the same time, poison is always wonderful to use.

Plus I mean, the others are better except the library.
The Cellar is okay - but only for dark characters - loot and organiser junkies and vampires - I organise my loot a lot, also I don't use those houses a lot - my main combo is Enchanter tower - It works for my Daedric items as I look at them, Armory - I find some good armor and weapons - a full set is best and Alchemy - need some good plops in there.

Lastly. My opinion on this is scrambled, I just don't get what I want when it comes to the DLC, hence why I just get the first available one for the family, and then I just don't bother with it.

mett1982

I think that my favorite room would be the Armory. I like being able to fill it up with all the weapons that I find throughout Skyrim and the cool outfits that I can put on all the mannequins. I also like the basement because that is where I get to blacksmith all of my cool weapons and armor. Plus there is more storage down there to display more weapons and armor.

Uniquename1

My houses are a jumbled mess now that I think about it. I'm starting to think it'd be better to craft and thus store all my junk in town. For the manor then armory, trophy room, garden.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts