Favorite Quote from Skyrim NPC's

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Wildroses

"I could have gone into that sanctuary and killed all those Dark Brotherhood types but I was (distinct pause) sick that day." Slayed me the first time I heard it because it was my opinion Maro had decided the "honour of slaying them should be mine" because he couldn't find anyone else brave/foolish enough to walk into the headquarters of an assassin's guild on an assassination mission.

I also like the line ending the conversation Corpulus has with his older son and young daughter in the Winking Skeever. (Not word perfect due to imperfect memory.)
Corpulus: The inn has been full of good cheer lately, my boy, and good cheer means a full till. Maybe I can retire soon and hand the place over to you.
Sorex: I don't know, Father. There's a whole world out there I want to see.
Minette: I can run the Skeever!
Corpulus: Running a tavern is no job for a young lady.
Minette: What about Auntie Faida in Dragons Bridge? She runs the Four Shields and you said she's one of your favourite girls.
Sorex (muttering under his breath): Oh boy...
Corpulus: THAT'S IT! I'M NOT RETIRING, EVER! END OF DISCUSSION!

Adoring Fan

When M'aiq the liar says "Nord's armor has lots of fur, makes M'aiq nervous."

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
"Why, of course. And will you also be needing the bow that shoots rainbows? Or perhaps a quiver that dispenses beer?" - Fihada, Redguard merchant in The Fletcher in Solitude.

"The way you walk around at home is your own business. When you're at home!" - Belethor, Breton merchant in Belethor's General Store in Whiterun.

"I am alive because that one is dead, I exist because I have the will to do so." - Boethiah's Proving

All in their respective order.
Absolutely on Fihada. I always make it a point to go in and have the conversation just to hear the snarky comeback. My other 1/2 was walking past while I was doing it last night and just stopped and started laughing so hard they had to sit down!

-Mir-

Professional milk-drinker
Everything Paarthurnax says
Everything Sheogorath says
Cicero's songs
"We are but maggots, writhing in the filth of our own corruption!" ~Heimskr
"Skyrim is now host to giant, flying lizards and two-legged cat-men... and you're surprised by me?" ~Barbas
"With respect, Companion, I ask that you muzzle that dog of yours. The howling from Jorrvaskr has gotten out of hand."(or something like that) ~Whiterun Guard
"You want knives? You want them in your belly? No? Then stop talking to Deeja!" ~Deeja
"You see those warriors from Hammerfell? They've got curved swords. CURVED. SWORDS." ~Guard
I also love it any time someone responds with an unexpected sarcastic comment and I think it's hilarious. I also like the various quotes bandits say about kids not being theirs, lol.

xBadKarma

the Sloth Queen
Nozeem- "Have you been to the Cloud District recently? Oh, what am I saying, of course you don't."

And then afterwards, I soul trapped him and threw his soul gem into the water near Dragonsreach. Now he'll be in the Cloud District forever ;]

Daelon DuLac

Nozeem- "Have you been to the Cloud District recently? Oh, what am I saying, of course you don't."

And then afterwards, I soul trapped him and threw his soul gem into the water near Dragonsreach. Now he'll be in the Cloud District forever ;]
Nice. Great mod. Me, I have to time my fast travel to be sure that he gets taken by vampires to get rid of him. 8:05 pm every night he turns that corner and.... :)

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows

Nice. Great mod. Me, I have to time my fast travel to be sure that he gets taken by vampires to get rid of him. 8:05 pm every night he turns that corner and.... :)

Where EXACTLY do you do this? I so want to get rid of him!

Mr Forz

I'm helping. Mostly.
"That woman wielded fear like a cleaver. Or did she wield a cleaver and make people afraid? I never get that part right..."

And I really don't need to tell who this quote is from.

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...
"That woman wielded fear like a cleaver. Or did she wield a cleaver and make people afraid? I never get that part right..."

And I really don't need to tell who this quote is from.
(Chopping mouth noises) OH!! Pardon me were you saying something? or Do you mind I busy doing the fishstick its a very delicate state of mind

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
The responses you get from Florentius Baenius when you ask him what he's got for sale. Especially in that accent he has. Cracks me up.
"Potions my friend, potions! Possibly some spells. Maybe some other things I've forgotten about. Actually I'm not sure. Let's see, shall we?"
or "Oh, well... some... things, I suppose. Remedies, cures, a poison or two."
or "Look, I'll be honest with you. I have no idea. But I'm sure we can find something worth your time."

DavidGhost

"This is how you repay our trust?! Paarthurnax's trust?! His noble spirit... the wisdom of ages... his deep understanding of our existence... all gone and for what? A mindless vendetta urged on by a cabal of Akaviri barbarians! Begone, before even my philosophy is tested beyond the breaking point. We are men of peace. You are not."

DavidGhost

Balgruuf: "I'll not stand idly by while a dragon burns my hold and slaughters my people!"
Me:"why are you sitting then"

Daelon DuLac

Which? The mod or the timing? If it's the timing, you'll have to experiment a little and it depends on where you're coming from. If it's Falkreath I have to leave at 7:37pm exactly to arrive at 8:02 and then walk towards Whiterun town square (passing Nazeem). Usually then the vampire will show up at 8:05 just when Nazeem is turning the corner by the guards barracks to go up the stairs and they get him. Mind you, it doesn't work every time (the vampire doesn't always show up), but I'd say about 50% of the time it does. You'll want to run a few test runs to find out how long it takes to fast travel from one location to another. Be careful though, if you time it 10 minutes off, you end up getting Adriane, Belethor or Adriane's husband (warbear?) killed.

Patches

New play through, I accidentally hit Farkas trying to kill the Giant, and he slaughters me. Afterwards he said something like "You look like an able warrior. Come to Jorrvaskr, anf be a Companion!"

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows

Which? The mod or the timing? If it's the timing, you'll have to experiment a little and it depends on where you're coming from. If it's Falkreath I have to leave at 7:37pm exactly to arrive at 8:02 and then walk towards Whiterun town square (passing Nazeem). Usually then the vampire will show up at 8:05 just when Nazeem is turning the corner by the guards barracks to go up the stairs and they get him. Mind you, it doesn't work every time (the vampire doesn't always show up), but I'd say about 50% of the time it does. You'll want to run a few test runs to find out how long it takes to fast travel from one location to another. Be careful though, if you time it 10 minutes off, you end up getting Adriane, Belethor or Adriane's husband (warbear?) killed.

Yep I was after the timing thing. Awesome. I'll be doing this in my next play through :) thanks!

The Illusive Man

The Founder of Cerberus
"Come on in, there should be a clean a clean mug around here somewhere." -tavern bartender

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies
Neloth regarding the secrets of the Skaal:

"Hmph. What secrets could they have worth keeping from old Mora? Sounds like a bargain to me. Hermaeus Mora learns some fascinating new ways to skin a horker and you become the second most powerful Dragonborn that ever lived. Well that gives me a lot to think about. I need to get back to Tel Mithryn. I have some ideas about how to locate more of these Black Books..."

Wildroses

"Don't worry. I'll take careful notes on what happens to you."

Neloth, before you read the Black Book you just spent the last six hours swimming around the Dwemer ruin to release.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts