Faster way to level than Oghma exploit thanks to 1.9 patch

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

jarif

i think another point of legendary status is so you can get all the perks without worrying about level 81

orca45

What we do in life, echoes in the eternity !
I dunno. To me it all seems a bit complicated as I read what/what not to do.

And I'm still delaying bringing that "patch/fix" into my game. To me, Bethesda had messed up Skyrim even before its release, and apparently they have no knowledge on how to actually improve, rather than make it worse!

I completely agree with JClarke1953. Well done bro. I am delaying the freaking patch and probably for ever. I am not interested so far in dealing with more stuff that I don’t know if will make my game better or not .. they already f .. up so bad with Lucan, not able to marry Serana, the invisible chest and a lot of stuff that we don’t really know if they are going to work properly or not. Maybe the Seekers start singing a song while farting at the same time, who knows !! lol.... :)

orca45

What we do in life, echoes in the eternity !
think the most I had was 1000 arrows, the annoying bit aint killing the dragons but chopping all that damn firewood lol

ShadowKing, have you test if we are able to conjure a lurker or Hagraven ? They are kind of the same to me I guess. I think that Hagraven evolved and became Lurkers ... vamps evolved and became freaking Seekers ... see all the tentacles in a Seeker .. those are the freaking vamps teeth and they are not hard anymore and instead draining your life, they are farting GAS on you to make you dizzy enough to go on melee and kill you ... lol ... :)

Ignami351

INFP of the Blue Variety
Guide to leveling fast for those who don't like to actually play the game:
Alchemy: Giants toe + wheat + hanging moss. 1000+ value. or the alchemy restoration loop but I don't think that works anymore with 1.9
Sneak: mix with illusion to become undetectable for a while. go into a bandit camp and repeat (assuming you have soundless perk)
pickpocket: get as many perks off as possible right off the bat. go to windhelm. buy training from the beggar girl one at a time, save, pickpocket the gold off her. rinse and repeat till level 50, where you just go around taking jems out of peoples pockets. its pretty easy in general.
speech: I don't think they fixed that "she's an absolute pleasure to meet" speech loop with that guy in riften.
Alteration: with 25% x 4 = no cost (do this for all magick classes when raising) use telekinesis on some item for hours. I even rubberbanded my R + L buttons down till 100. xD
Conjuration: Soul trap a dead chicken or something into oblivion. literally. easy 100
Illusion: Muffle. double muffle muffle everywhere.
Restoration: hard to raise to 70, but when you do, get guardian circle and recast a bunch. still slow but as far as restoration goes, pretty efficient.
destruction: just blow everything up. not much to do here.
and that's all the easy ways I know of. everything else you pretty much have to do legitly now. :p

Shadow King

Grand master of the Order of Talos.
ShadowKing, have you test if we are able to conjure a lurker or Hagraven ? They are kind of the same to me I guess. I think that Hagraven evolved and became Lurkers ... vamps evolved and became freaking Seekers ... see all the tentacles in a Seeker .. those are the freaking vamps teeth and they are not hard anymore and instead draining your life, they are farting GAS on you to make you dizzy enough to go on melee and kill you ... lol ... :)

I have never tried to cojure them I didnt even know u could :S r u joking lol

Agentoringe

Edit: BEST leveling techniques for (specifically) certain skills..

Illusion: best place is Riften orphanage, as your illusion spells under master level can only effect up to 5 targets at a time, spam courage/wait an hour/respam until high enough level to buy rally, then use it, fastest way to accomplish leveling illusion. (especially since the ritual stone trick doesn't work until you have 90 skill level bc they can't effect undead.)

Alchemy:you only need to have at minimum gear that increases alchemy by 15%, the 25% isn't necessary, it will just take 2-3 more fortify resto potions used to achieve the desired %. Make sure you have a falmer helm and a circlet bc they can both be equipped at the same time, giving an added bonus to start. Farm your mats from Riften fishery barrels (salt piles/Cyrodillic spade tail/abacean longfin) and start from the river under the bridge at ivarstead and work your way west, that stream has the highest concentration of spade tail and longfin in the game, took alot of hours to figure that out. Then make fortify resto potion, use it, unequip an re equip your alchemy gear, make another, repeat until you face the thousandth+ percentile in your created potions, then do what you will to make other potions after that. (personally I like fortify destruction potions suped up, nothing like a 100k dmg firestorm :) )

Alteration: telekinesis in one hand, detect life n the other, pick something up w tele and hold down detect life at the top of the first set of stairs in white run, you can see everyone in the city during daytime, I leveled it 15-100 in about 6 minutes...detect life you get as quest reward from trevas watch...telekinesis is bought from tolfdir at the college after leveling the skill to 50.

Conjuration: sadly best way is still to soul trap a dead body, it DOES gain xp based on the size of the soul, so a human tends to work best. Kill a bandit, an hour later, 100 skill lol

Destruction/restoration/sneak/one handed/2handed/archery: yes, all of these can be leveled the same method and ranging from pretty easily to very easily...you need the ritual stone, a fire rune/fireball spell, drop the rune and use fireball to activate it, double the AOE dmg (most dmg overall for cast time and cost) turn undead/repel undead/bane of the undead, those spells grant the best xp of any resto spell you cast...your sneak skill will level fastest from sneak attack damage because you can gain up to 12x the amount of sneak attack damage you deal as xp, that damage ALSO applies to the weapon your using for skill xp...you can Rez a bunch of bandits, sneak behind them and get the attacks off and you will level those skills as fast as you can...

Pickpocket: Sibbi black briar in Riften jail, get caught, break out, kill the guards(<--a must or it won't work) then have about 1k gold, start by placin 200 on him through the bars, then take it back, level everytime until 40-50, then up the amount to 400g and continue, around 70-80 up it to 800 then 90-100 is the 1k. Of course w the bonus pickpocket enchants and potions you can do this much more effectively lol

Speech: can't be exploited anymore at the meadery, best thing is to make those super expensive potions and go sell them 1 at a time to the shops to clean them out, it bases the xp off of the value of the item sold when you obtain the money even if you oversell. So that makes for pretty fast leveling of the speech skill, just a little more time consuming than 30 minutes at the black briar meadery lol

Edit: BEST leveling techniques for (specifically) certain skills..

Illusion: best place is Riften orphanage, as your illusion spells under master level can only effect up to 5 targets at a time, spam courage/wait an hour/respam until high enough level to buy rally, then use it, fastest way to accomplish leveling illusion. (especially since the ritual stone trick doesn't work until you have 90 skill level bc they can't effect undead.)

I just use muffle in both hands and cast alternatly as fast as possible. Level 100 in 20 mins or something like that. Never actually timed it. Is yours faster? (edit: I just did this on my latest char at whiterun market. Took exactly 15 mins using enchanted items to make the casting cost zero)

Conjuration: sadly best way is still to soul trap a dead body, it DOES gain xp based on the size of the soul, so a human tends to work best. Kill a bandit, an hour later, 100 skill lol

Bound sword while standing on a rock near a hostile enemy will level it to 100 a lot faster than that. Just cast both hands and sheath as soon as the spell is cast and repeat. No need to wait for the blades to appear.

Agentoringe

Best leveling techniques...(continued..)

Smithing: once you have situated your alchemy gear to where you get crazy % high, you make a fortify smithing potion using (blister wort/glowing mushroom/saber cat claw) those are the easiest to accumulate, even still, you won't have very many, but you only need maybe 4-5 depending on your play style...once your alchemy gear gets a huge bonus, make the potion, use it, then go improve an iron dagger. Smithing 15-100 in one improvement.

Enchanting: similar concept to smithing, except you have to know which enchantments give the best xp, turn undead gives really good xp, paralyze enchant gives great as well...just look for whats gonna give you the best value on the item. As of dragon born expansion, the staff enchanting station is the best leveling xp in the game. And according to the wiki sites there is a enchant that can level you from 15-100 in one enchant, no exploits or potions used...idk, haven't tested it myself.

Block skill: can be employed along w the previous ritual stone trick using shield bash, it's kinda slow, but the alternative (and faster way) is to drop a dragon to half health, where it stays on the ground n stops flying, and healing spell in one hand, shield in another...stand there n take it like a man! lol

Light armor/heavy armor: can be leveled while leveling block skill, the conditional situation is that the skill increases based on a 25% bonus per piece your wearing, so you have 2 options, wear 2 pieces of light and 2 pieces of heavy for a 50% bonus gain to both, or do one at a time for the full effect.

Archery: I know was already detailed in the group earlier, but there is an easy way to skill up very quickly...as soon as you get out of helgen at the beginning, sell everything you got but what your wear to keep, then go do the quest for faendal, and do the option of lying to Camilla to make faendal a follower, if you have at least half a level in experience before you start this it's pretty cool, easy way to get to level 8-10 as soon as you start the game, make sure you have the warrior stone, then use faendal to level up your archery 5 levels, when you level up, increase your health or whatever, then repeat, since he's a follower you can "trade" to get the money back you spent to train. You can do this to level 50 in archery, and after finishing the companions quest line, you have the same options to do that with archery/two handed/block/heavy armor and I believe one handed as well...just make sure before you level up to train with each trainer otherwise you will end up behind on a skill.

Lock picking: yeah...there's that...lol not really a good way to level that lol I guess there's a trainer somewhere but it's gimme be expensive haha

Agentoringe

Ah, havent tried the muffle trick, I just went with courage early bc I could get 1 1/2 levels out of a full mana bar at early levels and once I hit 50 it was a level about 1 1/2 mana bars, then I swapped to rally bc you gain the xp based on how many people are effected, which is why after you "legendary" the skill that call to arms works the best bc it's limited only by the number of people in the area.

Il have to test out the conjuration trick lol it sounds like it may work! ;)

Ignami351

INFP of the Blue Variety
Best leveling techniques...(continued..)

Smithing: once you have situated your alchemy gear to where you get crazy % high, you make a fortify smithing potion using (blister wort/glowing mushroom/saber cat claw) those are the easiest to accumulate, even still, you won't have very many, but you only need maybe 4-5 depending on your play style...once your alchemy gear gets a huge bonus, make the potion, use it, then go improve an iron dagger. Smithing 15-100 in one improvement.

Enchanting: similar concept to smithing, except you have to know which enchantments give the best xp, turn undead gives really good xp, paralyze enchant gives great as well...just look for whats gonna give you the best value on the item. As of dragon born expansion, the staff enchanting station is the best leveling xp in the game. And according to the wiki sites there is a enchant that can level you from 15-100 in one enchant, no exploits or potions used...idk, haven't tested it myself.

Block skill: can be employed along w the previous ritual stone trick using shield bash, it's kinda slow, but the alternative (and faster way) is to drop a dragon to half health, where it stays on the ground n stops flying, and healing spell in one hand, shield in another...stand there n take it like a man! lol

Light armor/heavy armor: can be leveled while leveling block skill, the conditional situation is that the skill increases based on a 25% bonus per piece your wearing, so you have 2 options, wear 2 pieces of light and 2 pieces of heavy for a 50% bonus gain to both, or do one at a time for the full effect.

Archery: I know was already detailed in the group earlier, but there is an easy way to skill up very quickly...as soon as you get out of helgen at the beginning, sell everything you got but what your wear to keep, then go do the quest for faendal, and do the option of lying to Camilla to make faendal a follower, if you have at least half a level in experience before you start this it's pretty cool, easy way to get to level 8-10 as soon as you start the game, make sure you have the warrior stone, then use faendal to level up your archery 5 levels, when you level up, increase your health or whatever, then repeat, since he's a follower you can "trade" to get the money back you spent to train. You can do this to level 50 in archery, and after finishing the companions quest line, you have the same options to do that with archery/two handed/block/heavy armor and I believe one handed as well...just make sure before you level up to train with each trainer otherwise you will end up behind on a skill.

Lock picking: yeah...there's that...lol not really a good way to level that lol I guess there's a trainer somewhere but it's gimme be expensive haha

I was actually scared I would have to redo smithing the whole retarded normal way xD thanks!!

Shadow King

jclarke this is the thread

JClarke1953

Wow! Much thanks Shadow! I've bookmarked this page on my pad so I can read Wtheck to do.

You took a lot of trouble and time to educate this old man, and from the looks of it, other's as well.

Someone give him a raise or whatever! The man did NOT have to just give out the info!

Shadow King

Wow! Much thanks Shadow! I've bookmarked this page on my pad so I can read Wtheck to do.

You took a lot of trouble and time to educate this old man, and from the looks of it, other's as well.

Someone give him a raise or whatever! The man did NOT have to just give out the info!

Anytime bro if u need help with it just p.m or msg on this :)

Wouldn't be easier to use the restoration glitch to enchant part of your gear with like 1million mana ? that way when it comes to leveling spells you never run out of magic.

Well say you run out of magic to keep casting a spell, while trying to boost your magic to get perks for spells or whatever,Do the restoration glitch,then you enchant a piece of armor with fortify mana and fortify restore mana to ridiculous stats you'll never run out of magic. that way when you go to boost levels or perks that have to do with casting or whatever your mana never empties, its kinds nice to cast firewall without stopping XD

Agentoringe

Well say you run out of magic to keep casting a spell, while trying to boost your magic to get perks for spells or whatever,Do the restoration glitch,then you enchant a piece of armor with fortify mana and fortify restore mana to ridiculous stats you'll never run out of magic. that way when you go to boost levels or perks that have to do with casting or whatever your mana never empties, its kinds nice to cast firewall without stopping XD

If your gonna go to that trouble, why not just enchant a ring and a necklace with boosted enchants so that way between the 2 of them you have 100% cost reduction for 4 schools of magic? Then have health regen and the 5th school placed on the chest piece of armor, because health regen kicks in once health is lost, meaning with high enough regen you won't ever die unless something one shots you...free spells > than high magicka pool. Because there are specific situations that rob you of your magicka pool completely, an if those spells still cost mana you can't use them. But if they are free and the cost is 0 then no worries! :)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts