Fantasy Football League

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
We've been chatting in the shoutbox about creating a fantasy football league so I'd like to know who might be interested in joining it.

This is a league for American Football (NFL). You don't need to know the sport or be any sort of fantasy sports expert to join. I'm going to try and make the league as simple as possible and the point is friendly competition and fun (and whipping nordicowboy's team into the Stone Age, repeatedly).

I haven't made the league yet. But I do have the option of different league sizes so I'd like to know who is interested so I can set it up with enough slots for people to join.

The largest league I can make is 16 teams. Right now, I think we have 6 or 8 people interested. So if we get more than 16, I'll use a 'first come, first serve' method to get us at the right number. If we do have a tons of positive response, I can also make a second league. So let me know.

For those of you totally unfamiliar with it, you'd "draft" a team on one day. Basically, you pick your players from a pool of those available. Then, each week, you put in a "lineup" to show which of your players will start that week. NFL games are played Thursday, Sunday and Monday usually. You only submit one lineup per week and it will use the stats for your players no matter which day they play in that week. The Thursday game is the "first" game of the week.

There will also be opportunities for "free agents" and trades of players. You can participate in that or not as you like.

nordicowboy

Must be my Nord blood......
82901829_display_image.jpg
yall *****s is in trouble.

Mighty Pecan Pie

The secret American
I'm in!

AS88

Staff member
Rayven, is there any possibility of making an NBA one, too? :)

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Rayven, is there any possibility of making an NBA one, too? :)

I'm honestly not sure how all that works. Some of the guys who play in my big FFL league do play their own fantasy basketball one. I just do our NCAA college basketball one, though. I can check and see what sites do the NBA leagues.

Teritus

Giving it to you straight since 1869
I'd be up for that NBA one if at all possible, Rayven, though you would know that I haven't a clue about the first thing regarding American football!

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
I'd be up for that NBA one if at all possible, Rayven, though you would know that I haven't a clue about the first thing regarding American football!

Well Nyo doesn't know about American football either, but that's not stopping him :)

AS88

Staff member

Teritus

Giving it to you straight since 1869

Well Nyo doesn't know about American football either, but that's not stopping him :)

I shouldn't say I'll have anything better to do. You can count me in in that case.

The Phoenician

Shiney, let's be bad guys.
Count me in.

Irish

Thane of Solitude
Are the player/defense choices first come, first serve? Sorry, it's been a while since I've played in a FFL.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
We'll have a draft. With a draft order. So each team will pick based on that. I'm not sure if it's a 'zigzag' or not yet. nordic may know. Like if we had 5 teams, draft order could be

Round 1: 1 2 3 4 5
Round 2: 5 4 3 2 1
Round 3: 1 2 3 4 5

Or it will be straight, like 1 2 3 4 5, 1 2 3 4 5, etc.

Irish

Thane of Solitude
Nordic mentioned that it will be zigzagged. He's been helping me get better acquainted with how the draft works and stuff like that. Thanks, Rayven!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts