Falion doesn't move during rising at dawn quest

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

simonpyman

Hello everyone,

I am playing skyrim for the first time on my x-box and I am stuck on the rising at dawn quest.

After I give him the filled soul gem he gives the instructions to meet at the circle however during multiple attempts he stays near the bridge area. The first attempt at this there was no marker at the summoning circle and he remained in place near bridge. It left me with the second talk to Falion task but he gives the standard NPC spiels. After going back to a previous save and redoing the steps i was able to see a arrow marker near the circle however he does not show up nor move from the area near the bridge.

I have looked all over the net and have tried the following to no avail:
  1. waited until 3am, 4am. 5am at circle
  2. waited outside his house till 3am, he never left house and was at the area near the bridge still
  3. had Lydia wait so i could interact with Falion alone
  4. going back to previous save and redo quest (see above)
  5. killed the crabs
Is there something i am missing?

Thanks

khajiitfeather

If you know the "Calm" spell, you can attack him and make him follow you by that then calm him, I think. It will lure him to the circle area.

simonpyman

If you know the "Calm" spell, you can attack him and make him follow you by that then calm him, I think. It will lure him to the circle area.
Thanks but I couldn’t use calm on him. I decided to do other quests in the meantime and level up a bit hoping that it may reset the quest. I just tried again and got the same result. It stays on the talk to falion step and the marker over his head stays. For some reason falion does not move from the area near the bridge. So frustrating! I cant even do the quest all over by asking innkeeper for rumors since the quest is stuck at the last step. Not that it would change things but maybe i need to feed before meeting him?

simonpyman

I ended up downloading the quest debugger mod and that worked. Had to view a how to video on youtube but it worked finally

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts