• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Dustman

The Silver Blade
    My family actually went: Verizon for all phones, with Qwest, now know as CenturyLink, until we realized they were total plops. Then we went full Verizon, which is literally communism. They're money vampires, and 50GB costs $500. Finally, where we are now, is Verizon for phones, with an uber-small data plan for any internet on phones, with Charter for internet. Charter gives you like 250GB for around 50$ - more than I could ever use in a month. BTW, this is with DirectTV for television. This plan is working out pretty great. Charter's customer service is absolutely beautiful, Verozon's got the best phone plan, and DirectTV has awesome features.

So yeah, I know how your doing. My wars have been fought, and our media empire is bow quite healthy.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Dustman

The Silver Blade
    Also, I suggest just totally abandoning "CenturyLink" its the worse sequel-company of the old, mostly-decent company, and it's more of an infection than an asset.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Dabiene Caristiana

Your friendly neighborhood weirdo
    The thing there isn't many services available. We live in Eastern Washington in the middle of nowhere (not literally we live in town) but still, population of about 2,000 is a small town. A few have left because of the water bill. Directv is bad for us. We have a low income (dad is retired) and there aren't many decent jobs except at the local store. I could get a job there but with medical crap going on and GED that isn't an option as of this next year. :p

We had a bill of almost 70 dollars a month for Directv and we had I think the lowest package (least channels) and most of the channels are crap. I say we only watch about a fraction of all those channels. And the movies that are on are mainly reruns or crap.. If they had a 'personal plan package' or something in place we would gladly be paying about $15 instead of $60-70. Turns out my dad can be intimidating on the phone, threatening to cut them off and they always lower the price. Same with the internet company. They just don't want a bad customer drop on their report card.

Before CenturyTel became CenturyLink they were alright where we live. Decent people that lived here worked for them. We also have Avista the Electric company and they are bleeding the whole area dry with their charges. I need to learn techniques from my ol' man on how to organize and plan ahead on payment methods for my life in the future because I think it's only going to get worse. This town won't become completely dead but with all these expensive charges I should have seen this coming with Verizon. There isn't just genuine service anymore. Nothing. Notta. Zilch.

Makes me want to group up and change that. Oh well. What ya gonna do.

So how do you want Severus to get along Simus? I'm thinking after hearing from that man he rescued with Jeroo that a horrid army is coming to town he'd wanna scout. But probably thinking during or after the Ball. What would be best? Dramatic fight during or after the ball? I'm flexible. :p

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    Well Dabs, considering you live in a small town you'll probably have problems with your service no matter where you are. There just isn't much infrastructure out there because there's less people. I guess I've had good luck with Verizon because my family and I live in Northern Virginia, ten miles from D.C. It's a well developed suburbanized area big enough to where five cities bleed together. There's also a lot of high-tech businesses that demand high-speed internet and we reap the benefits of that. I still say Verizon has the best service for internet and phones but Dusty's description of Charter sounds like a good deal.

I get all the hubub about CenturyLink now. My grandparents out in Kentucky have CenturyLink and they complain about the problems of too much cost for too little bandwidth.

As for Severus, if I were him I'd take the opportunity to rest and let the College handle security. There are pros and cons to when we have the horror attack. If it's during the ball, it gets interrupted and everyone has to scramble. That leaves Mirabelle little time to organize a defense. However, it makes things dramatic and catches the College when it's only semi-vulnerable. They'll be expecting an attack during the ball. Doing it after the ball would, I think, be more interesting. Everyone's had fun, everyone's tired, the senior staff are relieved that nothing went wrong. Cilla's snug in bed with Soldin, Alice is asleep with Dabiene, Severus and Jeroo finally have a good night's rest. Everyone is comfortable.

Then the zombies attack. Not drauger, zombies. Animated, rotting corpses that have died from Peyrite's plague and are now moaning, shuffling animals. No tactical sense and relatively weak but huge numbers and claws and teeth to rip the living apart. Some still know how to use their weapons. No lame virus bite that turns you into a zombie though. I've always found that kind of stupid. You have to die first.

I love your new sig by the way!

Dabiene Caristiana

Your friendly neighborhood weirdo
    Yeah I hate that virus transfer thing. I always found the thought of dying then seeing your friend come back alive under some trance or spell, rotting away, to be much more terrifying than just saying, "Oh, you got bitten? Ok, I can shoot you now." Yeah, it's heartbreaking to kill your friend if they have the disease but... That makes the zombies invincible. That's no fun..

Severus will obviously tell what he learned to the college, then maybe watch Jeroo while the ball goes on. Or Dabiene will drag him to it. Or Soldin because he's more paranoid. Soldin is a lot more aggressive now than in RAE2 due to the invasion obviously. It was hard writing him that way at first but I think I'm used to it now though...

I'll probably go with the latter about doing the attacker after the ball. Like you said, everyone will be at ease and then BAM! Action time. But yeah zombie attack sounds gooooood. I like the kinds similar to that movie 'Scooby-Doo on Zombie Island'. That's my ideal kinda zombie but they mainly resemble draugr though.

As for my sig I made it myself. I have some experience regarding making signatures. That was just a basic one. I'm getting used to GIMP for the first time in a long while. I used to make signatures for a Monster Hunter Online Hunting Group. We would go online for Monster Hunter 3 tri and hunt together but alas, it split up due to poor activity. (And the fact that the game now has no online service anymore)

I'm not a huge wizard (or witch in this case) at photoshop/gimp but I can pull off a few tricks. I had to have a little help from a few to get the transparent lightning I wanted but I managed to pull all the images together. Mediocre but I got it up! :)

My dad is helping put up the modem. This thing is brand spanking new and I can't wait to have 10 speed. Unlike half of 1 which I'm getting now.

Dustman

The Silver Blade
    SO, finally had the time to catch up on the main story...but I'm a bit confused; could someone give a simplified recap of our progress towards the sigil stone?

Thanks for puppeteer Marius, I mean it. Thinking back to his last battle, he got crushed by a tons of rocks, and his injuries are the type that - even for a veteran - are pretty unbearable. I'm actually sort of favoring this "Marius is literally dying, but surviving" sort of deal. It allows my original plan for Eliphas to work out; I hope.

SO...here's my best recap as to the situation of my character:

I'm getting that the final battle for the stone is at hand, and that Eliphas has ordered his minions to kill everyone, save Marius, so he can gloat, and probably execute him himself. Classic evil villian, MCIMBTY. Marius has been killing daedra in droves, but he's slipping. As a result Marius is pretty much mostly-fatally wounded by...[ fill this in, please ]
    He is now in the hands of Qiana, whose doing some combat healing. Baroth has ordered one last push to take out Eliphas. Maybe I'm just being text-blind, but that's just about what I got. Sound about right, sans most details?

Someone please inform me of anything I'm missing.

btw I claim next post

fellowknight

The Devil In The Details
    I would, not to worry or rush anybody back, like to discuss the subject of the gods. I know my posts for them have been...off. Which is why i would like to elect that everyone pick a god to control. I, myself, have decided to control Shor, God of the Underworld. Simus is playing Akatosh, God of Time, if i presume correctly. But he can choose to play another 'free-god'. That leaves Julianos, God of Wisdom and Logic, Arkay, God of the cycle of Birth and Death, Stendarr, God of Mercy, Dibella, Goddess of Beauty, Kynareth, Goddess of Air, Kyne, Goddess of Storm, Mara, Goddess of Love, and Talos, Dragonborn and first mortal to ascend to Godhood.

We also can elect to take on the role of a Daedric God. I'm currently playing Mehrunes Dagon, Daedric Prince of Destruction. Simus is playing Molag Bal, Daedric Prince of Domination. Gregor if i remember, is playing Azura, Daedric Prince of Dusk and Dawn, and Nocturnal, Daedric Prince of Night and Darkness. Durable might be playing Peryite, Daedric Prince of Pestilence. Which leaves Hircine, Daedric Prince of the Hunt, Jyggalag, Daedric Prince of Order, Malacath, Daedric Prince of the Patrionage of the Spurned and Ostrasized, Meridia, Daedric Prince of Infinite Energies, Namira, Daedric Prince of Ancient Darkness, Sanguine, Daedric Prince of Debauchery, Sheogorath, Daedric Prince of Madness, Hermaeus Mora, Daedric Prince of the Tides of Fate, and Vaermina, Daedric Prince of the Realms of Dreams and Nightmares, and Boethiah, Daedric Prince of Deceit.

Now, note that all except Azura, Clavicus Vile, Meridia, Sanguine, Sheogorath, Boethiah, and Jyggalag are in a pact to rule Nirn and enslave or kill the mortals.

Rules? The usual. No Powerplaying, even though you're an immortal being, you still have your limits. When i feel the need, we can all come together and hash out the details of having a God or Daedric Meeting.

Also, on an off subject, Simus and I are in the process of deciding what the Dragons of Nirn will do, which i would like to discuss with him asap.

And yes, Marius, you're right on target.

Also, when can i expect another post for Khugar, Gregor?

Dustman

The Silver Blade
    Fellow, though it is between you and Simus, I advise actually leaving the dragons out of this for the time being. We have a lot happening, with the daedric princes, undead, daedra, the gods, the war with the Asgard-warriors, the side-stories of Solstheim and the Dwemer-dude, and the various states of the cities around Skyrim and in Hammerfell. I think adding dragons to the mix might...add to the complicated mix. Got to tame what we got before we add more to the pen.

In terms of the gods, I've got one storyline involving Clavicus Vile (Alesan), and plans for that, and another storyline involving Boethiah (Isobel), which may or may not be as important, but is for the time being, present.

fellowknight

The Devil In The Details
    Understood, Dust. Feel free to play and act out both Boethiah and Clavicus' POV (Point Of View). Which is another thing, everyone can control a maximum of two Gods/Princes. And by 'deciding', i meant we were talking amongst each other to plan it out. We don't mean to bring the dragons into this until WAY later. Excuse me for not putting it into better words.

TheCaptain

The Mad Conductor of Words
    Name: John Brunwulf
    Alias: The Black Wolf
    Race: Nord
    Family: The Senior members of the Companions.
    Personality: A disciplined and honorable but caring person to his friends and family, Brunwulf despises any other cowardly or disobedient man and sees it as dishonorable. He also has a habit of stabbing said cravens/dissenters immediately and on his own judgement and no one else's.

Religion: Talos and Hircue
    Affiliations: The Companions
    Skills
    Expert: One handed, Archery
    Adept: Sneak
    Novice: lock-picking and Light armor

Equipment: 4-5 small throwing knifes, a bigger knife attached to his belt, a Katana that he hangs from his side which he calls "Black Mark't" and a Black Dwarven Bow which he usually uses for long ranged combat only.
    Appearance: a very strong looking build, blue eyes, 5'o clock shadow bread, few scars, short black hair and he's 5,11 feet tall and weights 260-280 pounds.

Clothing:this armor is the one John wears
    the-elder-scrolls-online-wallpaper-archer.jpg

Bio: John never knew his birth parents, as a baby he was left the doorstep of Jorrvaskr The Companions who lived there took him in and raised him as one of their own, Kodlak Whitemane "The Harbinger" taught him about Society's current sorry state as he called it, History, Maths and English and become the father figure he never had, Vilkas and Farkas taught him how to fight Close Quarters, Bare Handed, One Handed, Two Handed and Duel Wield but he always preferred One Handed and they would come to be his Brothers "it wouldn't feel right any other way" as he put it while Aela the Huntress taught how to hunt, to be as quiet as you and use a bow in turn she became the mother.

later on in his life he became a member of The Circle which is comprised of the senior members of The Companions and even later he found out they're all Werewolves and he became one himself after drinking the blood of Aela, after this he tracked and hunted Vampires for nearly 4 years now, in this time he learnt their habits, possible persons they would feed on, how they worked inside and outside and he learned how to kill them and have done so many times that he's lost count. then The Thamlor attacked and John feared the worst that his family would be killed and Whiterun sacked as will the rest of Skyrim his life would be ruined he would not be able to go on as normal........he had to do something, this.....he could not allow and vowed to destroy the Thamlor and all they stood for.

Example of Writing: "Talos damn this snow" I thought as I climbed up the side of the mountain which over looked the City Markarth and it wasn't easy, the wind and snow was pushing me down and there was slippery and loose ice everywhere, had to fight against all of it a few times I nearly slipped scared the hell out of me, finally I reached the top and I looked down and saw Markarth just 50 feet and off to the right of me this was going to be tough as I now had to deal with strong wind and loose rocks going downhill I really had to be careful otherwise I'm gonna fall to my death again nearly did a few, anyway I got off the slope and hop on the road to Markarth. keeping my head low so not to attract attention I walked up the stone steps and approached the gates of Markarth, stupidly one of the two guards standing outside steps forward and stopped me "halt!, there's a rule that all travelers must hand in all weap-" the guard stops as my head shoots up and I stare at him intensely the guard gulps "g-g-go on t-t-through t-t-t-traveler" he tries to say without looking scared I smirk at him and continue to walk on and through to The Sliver Blood Inn.

fellowknight

The Devil In The Details
    Excellent CC Captain, but that pic is very similar to my picture for my Barnan Character. Look in my sig for the link.

fellowknight

The Devil In The Details
    Yea. I'm not saying you have to change the picture, Cap, but i'm just saying are character look ALOT alike.. Exactly the same. And excuse me if i sound like a kid but, i was the first to post that pic for my char.

TheCaptain

oh well, it seems we both had the same idea then, um I'll change it to this with darker colors especially the armor parts they be dark grey, black and dark brown that should do it and a hood of course minus the eye patch and sleeves for winter wear.

ranger_comm_by_yamao-d5ooiwz.jpg

fellowknight

The Devil In The Details
    Well alright then. Sounds like a plan. Sorry for the inconvenience, its just seeing that picture unsettles me. Again, thanks.

Dustman

The Silver Blade
    First off, Captain, I have a few suggestions for inserting yourself into our little epic. Luckily it seems your character is dug well deep into the Companions, so this could be much more...simple. Here's my thoughts!

As a member of the Companions, you are fighting on the front lines in the battle for Whiterun. The undead, cultists, and demons of all sorts are still pouring out, but under the command of Heimskr, the Whiterun troops are winning! It's the last stand against the demons and cultists before the party inside the portal closes it, and the reinforcements come to a halt.

That said, I wonder - how much of the story have you read, and furthermore, would you be able to describe said scene?

One more thing, just be sure to watch your...sentences. Run-ons are very difficult to follow.

TheCaptain

hm Haven't read anything really can't pinpoint the events happening in Whiterun but anyway yes I think could do that and am I able to go werewolf during the last stand?

Dustman

The Silver Blade
    Totally, join your fellow companions.

Simus, think you can give him a detailed enough summary of what is going on in Whiterun? (Considering it's sort of your storyline)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts