1. Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    Dismiss Notice

OOC Fading Hope

Discussion in 'Skyrim Roleplaying' started by fellowknight, Feb 24, 2013.

1. Dabiene Caristiana

Dabiene Caristiana Your friendly neighborhood weirdo

What do you mean by classic? Rise out of the ground out for brains classic, or virus take over classic?

2. The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
    Staff Member

Either or. The only zombies I like are skyrims necromancy version.

3. The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Staff Member

How are the Afflicted gonna be includes in this? Can't wait to read about ol' Orchendor curb stomping a few of you. :)

4. Dustman

Dustman The Silver Blade

Now that I look at Marius verses Soldin's bios, there would be a difference of about a decade in Dawnguard experience, so perhaps Soldin would have been trained by Marius, a senior member of the Dawnguard?

5. Dabiene Caristiana

Sure :)

And for the Afflicted, I'm sure most know about I am Legend and how the virus spread and such. If not, I'm not going to spew any spoilers, but I'm sure most if not all know to some extent Pyrite, the one who gives you that magic Shield in Skyrim. He's the one behind infected beings and Order. If you remember that one quest, you go through this dwarven ruin which takes FOREVER, in my opinion, but hey it's justified to get this awesome shield. But yea, you see all these infected people and they are actually called 'the infected' or something along those lines. Vermina or what's her/his face the one with cannibalism she also governs foul and ugly insects and disease. So with this, Molag would actually take Pyrite who is considered one of the lesser of all the Princes, and also have Vermina aid him with the spread of the new yet extremely deadly disease. I have a very vast imagination and this just popped into my head. Yes, in skyrim it is possible to bring back to life dead people, and draugr waking up and warding off intruders but those are just the beginning. I was thinking that the infected or Afflicted could help speed up the process of taking over. And also make it more terrifying. It's easy to get rid of animated bodies by killing the caster him/herself. With draugr they are already dead by thousands of years, brittle but possibly harder to kill. With infected, if you remember guards saying, "They say if a vampire so much as scratches you, you turn into one of them! Gods, I hope that isn't true" I took that idea and made it more terrifying. It being painful to turn into one of the infected and also being a mindless underling like the raised bodies that necromancers use. Just my thoughts.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Staff Member

I still want to read about orchender.

7. Dustman

Dustman The Silver Blade

Good ideas; indeed, we need to consider that the bad and nasty Daedric princes are all working together, and this is definitely going into some good detail.

8. Dabiene Caristiana

Well, I wouldn't know what would happen with Orchendor. He did turn on Pyrite by turning the Afflicted into his own personal army which ticked the Daedric Prince off.

9. The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Staff Member

I'd like an uber awesome deathmatch with Molag Bal... if I was going to do 2 RPs at once...

10. The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Staff Member

Maybe as a prolouge where I lose an epic duel and get enslaved... and forced to hunt you all down... hmmm.... then something could happen to free me from his control... and... and... No. I feel like I'm spitting out gibberish.

11. Simus

Simus An Excellent Site Member

You know Dabs, since this is going to be ( very loosely) connected to Reforging an Empire, Dabiene would be Alice's mama here, so she would have fallen back to Winterhokd with her and Cilla. Simus would probably take the fight to the zombies and be somewhere the RP isn't and he'd ask Dabs to take care of his girls. You can just play Soldin obviously but a Dabs/Alice/Cilla Mage team would be fun. Not to mention really cute XD

Just a thought :D

12. Dabiene Caristiana

So for me, Soldin is a major character, Dabiene a rather minor and will obviously make a few appearances. Hm... I like that. ;)

13. Dustman

Dustman The Silver Blade

So, are you guys die hard on combining the two rps in some way? If so I've got some reading to do. I'd like some input on this from fellowknight, given this is his RP.

14. Dabiene Caristiana

I guess so. I might have Severus make a minor show but he'll go by the name of Soren Darkblade after his childhood name and mother's maiden name respectively.

But again, very minor. Basically only controlling Soldin mainly. Oh wow this is gonna be fuuuuuunnn

15. Simus

So I'm gonna have Alice and Cilla travel together to wherever our adventuring place and stick together pretty tightly. You gonna have Dabiene join them Dabs or just have her pack their lunches before they leave?

And yes, Fellow has final say in all of this.

16. Dabiene Caristiana

Dabiene is definately going to join them. What's gonna happen with Simus though?

17. Simus

Eh, he'll be off doing Simus stuff. This isn't his RP. He'll always come running for his two girls though <3 He's always a dad first.

18. Dustman

Dustman The Silver Blade

I imagine we'll be visiting some major cities in between battles and traveling and such. Perhaps you can incorporate them then, as to add another level to a story most likely filled with violence?

19. Dabiene Caristiana

Of course of course. That is if the zombies don't get him first. o_O

20. Dustman

Dustman The Silver Blade

Ooh! Intimate death scenes!