• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

fellowknight

The Devil In The Details
    The invasion took, at most, five years to complete. Then the reinforcements arrived. It has been almost two months since the last battle against the Dark Forces failed.

Dustman

The Silver Blade
    Thanks for clearing that up. I'm just concerned for Simus's character. If the invasion has been going on for five years, that'd be more difficult in incorporation with Cilla's back story.

While I do like the idea of having a kid in the fight, it's just more difficult to incorporate younger characters, and I suggest some minor revision to fit the timeline.
    Catch my drift?

A.Auditore

maybe...
    Since I need something to do here, decided to look into the rps and yours caught my eye... Im looking forward to reading this rp and Im liking the characters so far as well :D

A.Auditore

maybe...
    kk. Just post your CC and prepare for some major Zambie Killing :D
    Dunno if this was directed towards me or not but if it was so, I wasnt planning on joining just merely a means to read something while I have down time

Gunnbjorn

Formerly known as Arillious
    I have no time for another RP right now Baroth, but I really do want to join. Is this going to be an open RP? Could I possibly join in later when I have more free time? Perhaps my character will happen to wander into a place the group is holding up.

fellowknight

The Devil In The Details
    Dunno if this was directed towards me or not but if it was so, I wasnt planning on joining just merely a means to read something while I have down time

Then read on my friend! Sorry if i took your arrival the wrong way.

I have no time for another RP right now Baroth, but I really do want to join. Is this going to be an open RP? Could I possibly join in later when I have more free time? Perhaps my character will happen to wander into a place the group is holding up.

Yes, it will be open, so take your time in joining and if you can't, that's fine.

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
    Staff member
    Then read on my friend! Sorry if i took your arrival the wrong way.

Yes, it will be open, so take your time in joining and if you can't, that's fine.
    It's an open RP?!?! May as well put my CC in here then...

A.Auditore

maybe...
    No worries, and possibly if i do get some more time Ill post up a cc eventually :D but looking forward to the thread :D

fellowknight

The Devil In The Details
    I think i'll give people more time to see this thread and sign up if they want, then i'll start the IC Thread.

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    Thanks for clearing that up. I'm just concerned for Simus's character. If the invasion has been going on for five years, that'd be more difficult in incorporation with Cilla's back story.

While I do like the idea of having a kid in the fight, it's just more difficult to incorporate younger characters, and I suggest some minor revision to fit the timeline.
    Catch my drift?

Running the clock down to 2 years would be a good idea. And maybe instead of like in Walking Dead, where all semblance of organization and civilization has failed at once, this could have happened more slowly and mortal kind put up greater resistance. Now it's to the point where only major population centers and some scattered camps and villages are safe and monster attacks have to be beaten back daily. I think it would work better.

Woah! Maybe the zombies were kept under wraps by the Thalmor and were contained for the first few year or so but the dam burst so to speak and the zombies reached (not necessarily overran of roflstomped) the rest of Tamriel In the second year? Sort of how the Oblivion Crisis happened, you know? That could be what the Second Great War never happened!

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    Here's Alice by the way:

Name: Alice Psyrakon
    Race: Imperial
    Age: late teens (Approximately 18, though she's small and young-looking enough to pass for 15 or 16)
    Class: Arcane Ranger (Ranger skills augmented with illusion and destruction, rather than healing magic)
    Looks: 5', 0", pale, cream coloured skin and small but curvy breasts. She has shoulder length ebony hair (think Ysolda's hair but a dark black) and no scars, blemishes or age marks of any kind save for a scar on her right shoulder from a Thalmor sword. She almost always wears a smile and is usually clean and presentable.

Equipment: A fire enchanted yew hunting bow (Mother’s Fire) passed down from her mother and steel arrows that she taught Alice to fletch herself. During the fletching, Alice is able to enchant the arrows to explode in a fireball spell upon contact. Not only is the target damaged by fire and the shock of the explosion, but is showered by splinters of burning wood and steel. The arrowhead itself is designed to explode inside the target, doing severe damage to it's innards. She knows and uses many other enchantments, but this is the most common one. Unfortunately, such arrows are very expensive and time consuming to make, so she doesn't use them very often. She also uses several poisons with her arrows. The poison depends on her target, but damage health and slow are her favorites.

She also wields a shock enchanted glass shortsword (Father’s Steel) forged by her father and an unenchanted steel dagger for utilitarian purposes.

Alice wears a very special type of leather armour that her mother taught her to make. It's a form fitting white bodysuit that covers her entire body from her head down, minus her hands but including her feet. It's made from dyed leather and reinforced with frostbite spider silk, producing a light and very strong material: Strong on the order of steel chainmail and with a fraction of the weight. The suit opens in the front via a Dwemer invention called a zipper, a moonstone track starting at the groin and ending at the collar and is opened and closed by a fastener, ending at the collar when closed. The soles of the armor's feet are made of dotted rubber, another Dwemer invention created form an alchemy recipe and provide good traction when walking. The armor is also enchanted with Ebonyflesh and Fortify Stamina for additional protection. (In summary, think leather footy pajamas.)

Over this armour, Alice wears a pair of brown leather knee high boots that also close with a zipper, have rubber soles and are enchanted with Fortify Carry Weight and Fortify Stamina. She has a pair of matching leather gloves with the same enchantments and a blue dress with short sleeves and a knee length skirt. The dress has three brass buttons and a fine collar that goes below her throat that she keeps buttoned up. The dress has the same enchantments as her armour, but is more for style than actual protection. Alice also wears a simple silver band on her right ring finger and a pair of small silver earrings with a tiny sapphire in each. Both have Fortify Magika. (The entire outfit together makes her look something like Link in the Zora Tunic from The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.)
    Personality: Alice is extremely friendly and outgoing. Her small size and endearing nature make her easy to love and adore. She loves to meet new people, talk to them and get to know them. As a result, she's a friend to most people she meets and leaves a good impression on almost everyone. She also has excellent manners and is very good at addressing those in power. She's very intelligent and has mixed illusion magic with archery and tracking to become a cunning hunter and archer. She's good at moving quietly through both urban and wooded environments and could be a very good thief if she wanted to. However, she sees such behavior as not only grossly dishonorable but extremely unladylike.
    She's a devout worshipper of both Talos and Mara, her father teaching her the honourable ways of the former and her mother the kind hearted ways of the latter. She seeks to act honourably in all aspects of life but also has a desire to share her love with everyone.

Alice also has a stranger side to her in the form of a very special gift. Alice is able to see into the future. She was born with this power and has learned how to use it to See things she’s interested in, but she’s never fully understood it or where it came from. She and her family have determined that it’s a gift from either Akatosh or Azura but they’re not sure which one. Indeed, both have helped Alice at different points in her life, both through dreams and direct communion, so she pays homage to both. She’s certainly more comfortable accepting guidance from the Great Dragon than the Daedric Prince of Dusk and Dawn, but is willing to accept either in times of need.

For Alice to see anything more than a passing glimpse takes great concentration on her part and reaching far into the mists of the future requires the assistance of others. Even with proper discipline, the future is always changing so there’s no guarantee that what she sees is the absolute truth, or that she’ll understand it. It could be nonsense, it could be a convincing lie, it could be true but unhelpful or it could be the key to saving the world. It all depends on luck and the will of the gods.

Relavent Backstory: Alice's father's covert worship of Talos was discovered by the Aldmeri Dominon one year before Helgan, as well as her mother's status as a former Blade. Thalmor agents chased her and her entire family out of their home in the Imperial City and burned it down. The fled to Bruma so some of her father's friends could take them to Skyrim, but they were betrayed and captured. Rather than die at the gallows, they all broke out and fought out of the city and into the Jerrall Mountains where more Thalmor agents awaited them. Alice's mother died defending her children, her father was incapacitated and she was separated from her little sister and two brothers as they either fought or fled. Alice suffered grievous wounds herself when she stayed and fought after her father told her to run. She was quickly overwhelmed by the Thalmor but her father killed all of her attackers in an attempt to save her. Afterwards, he begged her to run and this time, with her eyes spilling over with tears, she did so. She hobbled a few feet before succumbing to her wounds and passing out. She was rescued the next day, but her father was separated. She was brought back to the Imperial City and he came back to look for her but was captured during the search. After several days of planning with some new friends she had made, Alice broke Simus out and the two were reunited. After resting for a time, they headed north to Skyrim to join the Stormcloaks, find the rest of their family and rebuild their lives as best they could.

Likes: Magic, reading, meeting people, hunting in the forests outside the Imperial City, wandering the forest in the city's garden district, shade, sleep, warm blankets, being held, hugs, cloths, shopping for cloths, trying on new cloths, making cloths, fawning over cloths she doesn't have half the septims to buy but is sure she could make herself.
    Dislkes: Unkind people, dishonest people, being alone, bullying, raddishes, the Thalmor, violence, direct sunlight, being told she's short, dirty jokes, books written by Alessia Ottus, being told it's time to leave whatever store she’s shopping at.

Dustman

The Silver Blade
    Running the clock down to 2 years would be a good idea. And maybe instead of like in Walking Dead, where all semblance of organization and civilization has failed at once, this could have happened more slowly and mortal kind put up greater resistance. Now it's to the point where only major population centers and some scattered camps and villages are safe and monster attacks have to be beaten back daily. I think it would work better.

Woah! Maybe the zombies were kept under wraps by the Thalmor and were contained for the first few year or so but the dam burst so to speak and the zombies reached (not necessarily overran of roflstomped) the rest of Tamriel In the second year? Sort of how the Oblivion Crisis happened, you know?

I was having very similar ideas myself. I imagine that many small towns have either been annihilated or fortified, and major cities like Solitude, Whiterun, Markarth and Windhelm have massively improved defenses. In my headcanon, I've established a small camp for training Monster hunters. I also imagine that even if Winterhold is finally destroyed, there's a great resistance in the College, which could be good for incorporating Cilla.

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    Sure. I would also imagine that given the choice between trusting mages and getting slaughtered by zombies, Jarl Korir and the rest of Winterhold would choose the former, so it's probably fortified with magical and mundane defenses.

fellowknight

The Devil In The Details
    Awesome ideas bros! I guess Riverwood is where Baroth will start out. For the time being, It's been fortified by the guards and whats left of the Soldiers.

Simus

An Excellent Site Member

Osiris

Child of the Sky
    Any room for one more?

Name: Urzog gro-Uzuk
    Race: Orc

Age and Gender: 24 and male

Religion: None

Class: Samurai
    Skills: Heavy Armor, Smithing, One Handed, Two Handed, Block, H2H(Knows some mixed Orcish/Akaviri Kung-Fu).

Appearance: 2013-02-24_00002.jpg

Here be his Tale: Urzog was born in the far future into a land filled with violence and war. Much of his life was spent in hiding when he was young, and fighting when he grew older. His tribe was that of which had produced many warriors and sometimes even sorcerers, but they all held a strict code of honor. Urzog was taught the code of Malacath, and has upheld it's laws the best he could. When he became a young mer, his father had grown old and as Orcish customs dictate, he would have to fight his son for title of Chief. With much regret, Urzog slew his father, becoming chief of his tribe. His rule was filled with an end to the Orcish tribal wars and good fortune. When the daedra invaded Tamriel, they brought much death and suffering, and Urzog renounced his worship of Malacath. The Keeper was angered by this and brought hordes of his minions to slaughter Urzog's tribe. They suceeded but left the young Orc to live with constant agony and pain at having lost his tribe. Now Urzog walks amongst chaos, without a religion, unknowing what the Gods have planned for him..

Personality: Typical Orc, but since he is younger he isn't completely set in his ways. Is mostly serious, but has a good heart.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts