• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Voorth

"Dyin' ain't much of a living, boy." - Josey Wales
I think they are shooting themselves in the foot with this one. Only reason i would "repurchase" Skyrim for my PS4 is because of Mod support. I can just play it on my PS3. Hines said that part of the $60 price tag was because of Mod support. Go kiss a goat.

Statement from Bethesda:

After months of discussion with Sony, we regret to say that while we have long been ready to offer mod support on PlayStation 4, Sony has informed us they will not approve user mods the way they should work: where users can do anything they want for either Fallout 4 or Skyrim Special Edition.

Like you, we are disappointed by Sony’s decision given the considerable time and effort we have put into this project, and the amount of time our fans have waited for mod support to arrive. We consider this an important initiative and we hope to find other ways user mods can be available for our PlayStation audience. However, until Sony will allow us to offer proper mod support for PS4, that content for Fallout 4 and Skyrim on PlayStation 4 will not be available.

We will provide an update if and when this situation changes.

Sah

if there was a price tag on each mod Sony would be leading the charge!

we all know very well STEAM tried to sell us mods around a year ago and there was such a revolt that the CEO had to come out and withdraw the idea and had to publicly apologize to the fans ..............

that mods are free and that's what makes them so attractive,

even if there was a $1 price tag per mod .............for ppl like me & many many others that install over +300 mods ........

that would mean forking out a extra $300 for a game that would only cost around $80 (talking AU money)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts