• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
Lately, every time I come back to my house Lakeview Manor, all hell is breaking loose!
I have had Vampires, bandits and a dragon attacking my house/family, all at once. And my horse, Frost keeps getting killed. I say keeps because I wasn't ready to give Frost up so I re-loaded. But last night was the last straw. Poor Frost now lies dead in the ferns beside my crafting table after a Bandit attack :sadface: And my cow needs some serious therapy.
On a happier note...my chickens that got killed by bandits days ago have re-spawned!

Is this happening to anyone else? what do you find when you arrive home?

Lately, every time I come back to my house Lakeview Manor, all hell is breaking loose!
I have had Vampires, bandits and a dragon attacking my house/family, all at once. And my horse, Frost keeps getting killed. I say keeps because I wasn't ready to give Frost up so I re-loaded. But last night was the last straw. Poor Frost now lies dead in the ferns beside my crafting table after a Bandit attack :sadface: And my cow needs some serious therapy.
On a happier note...my chickens that got killed by bandits days ago have re-spawned!

I always build in the Pale Kitty , Lakeview has always been really glitched out for me . Giants and even Bandits "inside" my house was too much for me , and dragon bones from all the dragons were all over the place.... Yea to your post it's a rough neighborhood .:sadface: K - Catch ya later :)

Wildroses

As far as I can figure out, that is the typical Lakeview Manor experience for everybody except me. Everybody seems to find vampires, dragons, giants and bandits the norm. In fact, people often move out of Lakeview Manor for that very reason. I don't know why all I ever get isthe occasional bandit and giant...

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
As far as I can figure out, that is the typical Lakeview Manor experience for everybody except me. Everybody seems to find vampires, dragons, giants and bandits the norm. In fact, people often move out of Lakeview Manor for that very reason. I don't know why all I ever get isthe occasional bandit and giant...

I actually got one single giant the other day...he was after my cow. I was like... "DIE!!!"

Maybe I should check out these other houses.

The Pale House is really easy to defend it's in the open , and you can see a long way . I have only ever had a dragon a a few times , mostly only wolves , and bandits , and you have a great view of the highest mountain in all of S.R. , and can see all the way to Whiterun .

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows

The Pale House is really easy to defend it's in the open , and you can see a long way . I have only ever had a dragon a a few times , mostly only wolves , and bandits , and you have a great view of the highest mountain in all of S.R. , and can see all the way to Whiterun .

Cool. I've started building there now. (had to do that big Dawnstar quest first "waking nightmares"?). It's very close to a giant camp.
Hey Remi, where do you buy your lumber from in the Pale? Or can you go to any timber mill and get the choice of where to deliver it to?

Khasrin

Fusozayiit

I also have magical respawning zombie chickens. :D

Funny, nothing crazy ever seems to happen at Windstad Manor, which was the first house I built. I've had one giant, one bandit raid, and a dragon attack there. Lakeview Manor, though, you just couldn't make this stuff up :eek: All the bizarre, inexplicable crap seems to happen here. Most recently: my cow took off running for no discernible reason, got as far as the workbench, and apparently died there of a heart attack. o_O

Also my husband seems to lose his mind when I leave him there alone. I always come home and find him standing outside, staring at the beehive.

Cool. I've started building there now. (had to do that big Dawnstar quest first "waking nightmares"?). It's very close to a giant camp.
Hey Remi, where do you buy your lumber from in the Pale? Or can you go to any timber mill and get the choice of where to deliver it to?

I get most my lumber at the general store in Falkenreth the owner has a brother that stays right in the store and he sells lumber. He's always there and easy to access . Kitty after LVM yer really gonna like the new home . Kick back and have fun there. :)

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows

I also have magical respawning zombie chickens. :D

Funny, nothing crazy ever seems to happen at Windstad Manor, which was the first house I built. I've had one giant, one bandit raid, and a dragon attack there. Lakeview Manor, though, you just couldn't make this stuff up :eek: All the bizarre, inexplicable crap seems to happen here. Most recently: my cow took off running for no discernible reason, got as far as the workbench, and apparently died there of a heart attack. o_O

Also my husband seems to lose his mind when I leave him there alone. I always come home and find him standing outside, staring at the beehive.

Yay for zombie chickens :)

I am yet to marry but Lydia my housecarl/steward was kidnapped by a vampire and some bandits and she has been a little odd ever since I rescued her. She stands on the balcony staring off into the wilderness, and runs off when something attacks the house. Also when I rescued her she stood forlornly over the bandit chiefs body and said "I'm going to find whoever did this!". I think she has Stockholm Syndrome!

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows

I get most my lumber at the general store in Falkenreth the owner has a brother that stays right in the store and he sells lumber. He's always there and easy to access . Kitty after LVM yer really gonna like the new home . Kick back and have fun there. :)

I does seem a lot more peaceful in the Pale... though it's very snowy and cold. (it's winter here at the moment IRL) I think it will be my summer home :) Good hunting to. I like to go hunting for soul gems.

Ok.. well I found the lady at the Pale lumber mill hard to track down, last time I bought some off her I got heaps so should last me a while. Don't they get killed during one of the radiant Companion quests? By a Bear or Sabre Cat?

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?

There's actually a lumber mill as you head up towards Dawnstar (don't remember the name but it's the place with a lady owner on the river). I usually just use it the first time and then hire a steward. They can do all the heavy lifting then (getting quarry rock, lumber, clay, etc...) although I still need to buy or mine all the metals. BTW - LUV LUV LUV the Hjarkkin Manor (sic?) for the Pale although I always end up with Lakeview first 'cause it's easy.

LVM is very easy to aquire , like you stated Daelon . After many hundreds hrs of in game experience , Ya kinda go " O OK I get it " Living at Lakeview Is a game within a game , just trying to defend it LOL . It's Like the game makers are saying easy access to the beautiful view but ( WE GOT YA ) :D Also there is a lot of Blood Suckers ( Vamps ) roaming around the mountains in that area , some of which will attack yer whole family from time to time , plus all the other mentioned factions there . So Gear up your crew real good if ya live there cause yer in for a busy time when you just want to get home and kick off yer boots after clearing dungeons. :cowboy:

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows

There's actually a lumber mill as you head up towards Dawnstar (don't remember the name but it's the place with a lady owner on the river). I usually just use it the first time and then hire a steward. They can do all the heavy lifting then (getting quarry rock, lumber, clay, etc...) although I still need to buy or mine all the metals. BTW - LUV LUV LUV the Hjarkkin Manor (sic?) for the Pale although I always end up with Lakeview first 'cause it's easy.

Yeah I found that lumber mill. Had to track down the lady though... I had to enter her house..lol.
I still think I favour LVM, because of all the trees and it's sunny. Even with all the evil critters.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
LVM is very easy to aquire , like you stated Daelon . After many hundreds hrs of in game experience , Ya kinda go " O OK I get it " Living at Lakeview Is a game within a game , just trying to defend it LOL . It's Like the game makers are saying easy access to the beautiful view but ( WE GOT YA ) :D Also there is a lot of Blood Suckers ( Vamps ) roaming around the mountains in that area , some of which will attack yer whole family from time to time , plus all the other mentioned factions there . So Gear up your crew real good if ya live there cause yer in for a busy time when you just want to get home and kick off yer boots after clearing dungeons. :cowboy:

So at Fort Dawnguard, Proventious informs me that Lydia, my housecarl/steward has been kidnapped and is being held by a vamp and bandits at Valtheim Towers (the ones that span the river north of Whiterun.) I HATE those towers! so I go there with Serana and battle bandits and I think Serana kills the vamp. I run across to the other side and Lydia is there and says "help me" in this little voice.. awwww... Anyway she won't say anything to me but "I'm allright" but really weirdly. After I loot the place I step out to find her crouched over a bandit doing this weird hand thing over the body. Then she walks off home...in the WRONG direction! So then she turns around and stops near the bandit leaders body and says "I'm going to find out whoever did this". I am thinking WTH? Lydia has Stockholm Syndrome! Now back at Lakeview Manor she just stands on the balcony staring off into the distance, and whenever something attacks she runs away.

Yeah I found that lumber mill. Had to track down the lady though... I had to enter her house..lol.
I still think I favour LVM, because of all the trees and it's sunny. Even with all the evil critters.

LOL Yea she gets ticked off if you come in her house , then she comes out and and takes care of business . WoW sounds like Lydia has lost it . Mabye a Spock mind meld or a Vampire stare . Might wanna check out her neck for Vampbite marks LOL ? JK I have seen her act that way at Lakeview before ??? Makes ya wonder what they wrote in to her part at that location . As I remember she seems to get over it in a few in game days.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows

LOL Yea she gets ticked off if you come in her house , then she comes out and and takes care of business . WoW sounds like Lydia has lost it . Mabye a Spock mind meld or a Vampire stare . Might wanna check out her neck for Vampbite marks LOL ? JK I have seen her act that way at Lakeview before ??? Makes ya wonder what they wrote in to her part at that location . As I remember she seems to get over it in a few in game days.

Lol.. Mind meld.. "My mind to your mind.....". I am keeping an eye on her, after all she is the only one there with my kids... then again, I think my little girl could look after herself. She does love her sword.

Rimfaxe96

I own all houses and I've lived in all of them for some time in peace, except in Windstad Manor from Morthal.
While building it it was quite obvious that the region there looked... ominous, but what I didn't expect were regular spider, wolf and bandit attacks. My charwoman housecarl Vladimar or whatever his name was got killed by them, and now it's pretty much abandoned.

My favourite homes are Lakeview Manor and Proudspire Manor. Both have the most beautiful surroundings, and theres a shrine to Talos not too far away from the Lakeview Manor house. Despite expecting troubles there I've never encountered anything dangerous so far, even when spending time outside; but so far only a few foxes ran across my lawn.

I own all houses and I've lived in all of them for some time in peace, except in Windstad Manor from Morthal.
While building it it was quite obvious that the region there looked... ominous, but what I didn't expect were regular spider, wolf and bandit attacks. My charwoman housecarl Vladimar or whatever his name was got killed by them, and now it's pretty much abandoned.

My favourite homes are Lakeview Manor and Proudspire Manor. Both have the most beautiful surroundings, and theres a shrine to Talos not too far away from the Lakeview Manor house. Despite expecting troubles there I've never encountered anything dangerous so far, even when spending time outside; but so far only a few foxes ran across my lawn.

LVM--- Nice view. Hope all goes well for you there .:)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts