ESO subscription on consoles?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Edgeheaded

Dunmer Warrior
So, I recently learned that there is a subscribe to play method used by Zenimax, now I am against that method since I have to play like 300 dollars to play for 2 years but it's even worse for me as a console player. Since I am going to get PS4 and play ESO on that I will have to buy the game for 50-80 dollars, pay 15 dollars for a 3 month online gameplay and then pay another 15 for a month of ESO. I think that is just messed up and I hope that I interpreted this the wrong way, what do you think?

utael

Where did you hear it was subscription afaik they haven't officially announced anything.

Edgeheaded

Dunmer Warrior
Oh, well... Fewh...

So, I recently learned that there is a subscribe to play method used by Zenimax, now I am against that method since I have to play like 300 dollars to play for 2 years but it's even worse for me as a console player. Since I am going to get PS4 and play ESO on that I will have to buy the game for 50-80 dollars, pay 15 dollars for a 3 month online gameplay and then pay another 15 for a month of ESO. I think that is just messed up and I hope that I interpreted this the wrong way, what do you think?

They haven't decided/announced their business plan yet, so whoever told you that didn't know what they were talking about.

Edgeheaded

Dunmer Warrior
They haven't decided/announced their business plan yet, so whoever told you that didn't know what they were talking about.

I thought I read it on an official site.

Satorus

I think it is safe to assume that an MMO (espescially one as big as Elder Scrolls) will have a subscription attached to it. i could be wrong but most MMOs at least start with a subscription befre they eventually go free to play. Subscription fees assure that you get regular maintenance and updated content.

utael

or in the case of guildwars, you buy it once and can pay for certain in game bonuses if you choose otherwise its totally free to play and updated content in the form of expansions can be purchased. There's actually several payment models that they could choose from.

Bertrum

Stop Hodoring!
I assume the game will be free to download but you'll have to pay a monthly subscription. My only concern is how much the subscription would be.

If it's like £7 a month then that isn't too bad, I just hope they don't whip out £15 per month subscriptions. Though I'll likely still play it even if they do!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts